Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    28. Patrick Queen, LB - Baltimore Ravens
  • Options
    29. Isaiah Wilson, OT - Tennessee Titans
  • Options
    30. Noah Igbinoghene, CB - Miami Dolphins
  • Options
    31. Jeff Gladney, CB - Minnesota Vikings
  • Options
    32. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB - Kansas City Chiefs
  • Options
    Boring draft. 

Typically the Raiders choose the wrong wide receiver. 

The Davis family love a fast 40 in the combine 
  • Options
    I was surprised Jeudy and Lamb went as low as they did.
  • Options
    It will take 2 to 3 years before anyone knows if this picks are the right ones. I like the Chiefs pick, as it may fulfill an immediate need, but like any of these players he might not adapt to the NFL, think he's made it and not progress or have non-football issues down the road.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    I dont watch CFB but have been reading up on the WR draft entrants as Raiders were obviously going to get one, and it was pretty much 50/50 split the Lamb and Jeudy were by far the best prospects.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    It's probably because the class is so, so deep. Teams like us, SF or whoever that are WR-needy probably thought we can get a decent enough playmaker in the later picks/rounds. WRs still available (gradings are a mixture of my own and draft consensus):

- Round 1/2 prospects: Laviska Shenault; Tee Higgins; Denzel Mims
    - Round 2/3 prospects: Michael Pittman Jr; Chase Claypool; KJ Hamler; Donovan Peoples-Jones
    - Round 3 prospects (maybe rd4): KJ Hill; Gabriel Davis; Tyler Johnson; Devin Duvernay; Antonio Gandy-Golden; Bryan Edwards; Van Jefferson; James Proche; Jauan Jennings

I've listed the above guys because I think all of them - literally all sixteen of them - could end up as starters on the first day of the season. There are others in even later rounds and who I haven't named (Quintez Cephus; Lynn Bowden; Collin Johnson and more) who have good potential, too.
  • Options
    I went to sleep after the Chaisson pick - thoughts on the rest of the round:

- Reagor is an interesting pick. Bit of a reach but his unofficial 4.22 40-yard dash might explain this.
    - Jefferson solid; Murray solid; Ruiz a really good pick IMO
    - Aiyuk fills a need. Wouldn't have been my choice (Tee Higgins I rate higher) but fair enough
    - Love to Green Bay! A huge, huge surprise. Rodgers won't like that.
    - BROOKS IN THE FIRST?! I will wait to be proven wrong, which is likely, but I have him as a third round guy. Seahawks probably wanted him later on and wanted to pick up draft capital, but went with him anyway without finding a trade partner. Big surprise with Queen and Baun still on the board IMO. But I don't know enough about scheme fit.
    - Ravens do good with Queen
    - Titans reach a little on Wilson. Josh Jones is still on the board!
    - Igbinoghene is a sexy pick and I suspect that CB is much more valuable to front offices than I perceive. Think he's a big boom or bust guy. Could be absolutely anything. 
    - Gladney a far more sensible pick! Good player.
    - CEH at 32 is a real surprise. Chiefs fans were blasting me for mocking a RB in the first to them and yet here we go. Thought it'd be Swift but CEH is a class RB.
  • Options
    My top prospects still available heading into round 2 (I have either round 1, round 1/2, or early 2nd round grades on them):

- Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
    - Josh Jones, OT, Houston
    - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
    - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (amazed that ALL of Terrell, Arnette, Igbinoghene and Gladney were drafted ahead of him)
    - Zack Baun, EDGE/LB, Wisconsin
    - Grant Delpit, S, LSU
    - Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
    - Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
    - D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
    - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    - Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
    - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
    - Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    - Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma
    - AJ Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Got to be happy picking up Wills @10. Move him to Left Tackle, with Conklin at Right Tackle. Need a big year from Baker.
  • Options
    Using our obscene amount of picks we should do all we can for Jones, that would fill 3 positions of need with very solid players in the first 2 rounds, and we’d still have a fair amount of capital for later rounds to pick up gems. 
  • Options
    Wondering what my Pats are going to be up to, traded away our first round pick, lost Brady and Gronk unretired to join him, lost a few other big names and don't seem to have anything major lined up. Could we do the unthinkable and tank for a season?!
  • Options
    Using our obscene amount of picks we should do all we can for Jones, that would fill 3 positions of need with very solid players in the first 2 rounds, and we’d still have a fair amount of capital for later rounds to pick up gems. 
    If he's still there at, say, 38, you'd have to give up at least your early third and a fourth for an equitable trade given the amount of spots you'd be moving in the second. 
  • Options
    I don't study the draft. Is the Redskins pick a wise move? Thought we'd want a qb.
  • Options
    I don't study the draft. Is the Redskins pick a wise move? Thought we'd want a qb.
    You had an easy task and performed it. You picked the best player in the draft and - in my opinion, as well as nearly everyone else's - someone who will be a perennial Pro Bowler. If Chase Young doesn't have a glittering career I will be incredibly surprised.

Picking a QB would dent Dwayne Haskins' confidence, and I suspect Ron Rivera wants to see what he's got at the position before making any decisions. If Haskins really is bad, then good - the Skins have a tank commander for Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields (two really hot prospects - I think at least as good as Burrow and Tua) in the 2021 draft.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really helpful thanks @PaddyP17
  • Options
    33. Bengals take Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
    34. Colts take Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC
    35. Lions take D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
    36. Giants take Xavier McKinney, S (defensive back), Alabama
    37. Patriots take Kyle Dugger, S (defensive back), Lenoir-Rhyne
    38. Panthers take Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
    39. Dolphins take Robert Hunt, OT, Louisiana-Lafayette
    40. Texans take Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
    41. Colts take Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    42. Jags take Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado (yay!)
    43. Bears take Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

Not much wrong with these. Think Hunt is a slight reach but Dolphins need O-line help. Kmet is a bit of a reach, but best TE on the board. Dugger is a surprise as the second safety off the board - Winfield and Davis still there...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Not much wrong with these. Think Hunt is a slight reach but Dolphins need O-line help. Kmet is a bit of a reach, but best TE on the board. Dugger is a surprise as the second safety off the board - Winfield and Davis still there...
    The bears currently have 10 TE's on their roster! I think New England should have took Delpit but Bellichick knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    I am shocked, but pleasantly shocked that the Colts traded up for Taylor. Being from Wisconsin, I know he is an absolute monster and Jacksonville probably takes him at #42 if we don't trade up so I cannot compain
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

The bears currently have 10 TE's on their roster! I think New England should have took Delpit but Bellichick knows what he is doing.
    Yeah I don't understand the Bears pick in terms of need. At all. Think us, NYG, Panthers and Lions have made really good picks this round.

44. Browns get Delpit - good pick.

45. Bucs and Winfield, ditto.

46. Broncos take KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State. Odd pick as they drafted Jeudy but may as well give Lock all the weapons?

47. Falcons take Marlon Davidson, DE, Auburn. Fair enough. Very surprised that Epenesa has slipped so far now!
  • Options
    48. Seahawks take Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee - decent pick. Think the Seahawks have picked in awkward positions in terms of value meeting need meeting BPA etc.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    cs1986 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Yeah I don't understand the Bears pick in terms of need. At all. Think us, NYG, Panthers and Lions have made really good picks this round.

44. Browns get Delpit - good pick.

45. Bucs and Winfield, ditto.

46. Broncos take KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State. Odd pick as they drafted Jeudy but may as well give Lock all the weapons?

47. Falcons take Marlon Davidson, DE, Auburn. Fair enough. Very surprised that Epenesa has slipped so far now!
    Yeah Jags looking like they are having a great draft. I am not happy with the niners draft. Also surprised that Mims is still available 
  • Options
    WOW, what has Carson Wentz been up to?
  • Options
    WOW, what has Carson Wentz been up to?
    Wouldn't say Lauletta and Nate Sudfeld is the most exciting or reassuring backup situation, so I suspect Hurts is there for a number of reasons - in particular his athleticism/rushing ability; intangibles; and that he's a better QB than those two lol. Don't think Wentz is under real threat, though I'd be intrigued to be proved wrong.