Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2020/21

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Wow the Colts got Wentz pretty cheap. 2021 3rd rounder and 2022 CONDITIONAL 2nd rounder.

I know there are still a few question marks there but to me that’s actually a bit of a steal.
    You say conditional but from the way Schefter is phrasing it, it's a 2nd minimum, that could turn into a 1st. So a fair deal all told, especially if Wentz is fixed by being in Indy.

God I hope he isn't. Please.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Wow the Colts got Wentz pretty cheap. 2021 3rd rounder and 2022 CONDITIONAL 2nd rounder.

I know there are still a few question marks there but to me that’s actually a bit of a steal.
    You say conditional but from the way Schefter is phrasing it, it's a 2nd minimum, that could turn into a 1st. So a fair deal all told, especially if Wentz is fixed by being in Indy.

God I hope he isn't. Please.
    Yeah sounds like a guaranteed second which isn't as good. If I'm a Colts fan I'm still not horrified with that deal though.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Presume that it is something like 'if we win 9 games or more' or similar for the conditional ?
    I think you are given conditional picks when a player retires while still in contract (and probably lots of other things) rather than you make trading away one of your normal draft picks conditional on something happening or not. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Presume that it is something like 'if we win 9 games or more' or similar for the conditional ?
    I think you are given conditional picks when a player retires while still in contract (and probably lots of other things) rather than you make trading away one of your normal draft picks conditional on something happening or not. 
    Two different things here. You're thinking of comp(ensatory) picks in the first instance.

A conditional pick is one that (probably among other things):

- is entirely dependent on a player's performance (so it either manifests or does not depending on how well the player does);
    - is guaranteed to be for a certain round, but dependent on fulfilling certain requirements to "improve".

For instance, if Carson Wentz EITHER plays 75% of snaps; OR 70% + Colts secure the playoffs, the 2nd round pick becomes a 1st round pick.

This trade, as much as I hate to say it, seems like a bit of a win-win.
  • Options
    Eagles eating the biggest dead cap ever of about 33m 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Wentz was sacked 50 times last year. The Eagles gave up 65 sacks in all. Rivers for Indy was sacked just 19 times and he is a statue in the pocket. Wentz will get better protection now and it will make all the difference. And he worked with their coach before. Given the huge dead cap hit for Philly, this looks like a win  for Indy. Colts looking good for next season.
  • Options
    Wentz was sacked 50 times last year. The Eagles gave up 65 sacks in all. Rivers for Indy was sacked just 19 times and he is a statue in the pocket. Wentz will get better protection now and it will make all the difference. And he worked with their coach before. Given the huge dead cap hit for Philly, this looks like a win  for Indy. Colts looking good for next season.
    Wentz is terrible
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Wentz is terrible
    I'm inclined to agree. There's a superb assassination on his play here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/k0vm8j/wentz_has_no_excuses/ 

And one can always say stats are cherry-picked, but... this would be an awful lot of cherry picking.
  • Options
    This is the thing when you have such a stellar season amidst relative mediocrity.

Everyone harks back to that one period rather than ignoring the overwhelming evidence from every other season.
  • Options
    This article lays out why Indianapolis is a dream move for Wentz. If he can't rediscover his old form under Frank Reich it's unlikely he'll do it anywhere else.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/2/18/22289910/carson-wentz-indianapolis-colts-trade-philadelphia-eagles-frank-reich

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not Wentz biggest fan but I can see him holding down the starting job in Indy at the minimum. It’s as good as a 1st and a 3rd in my opinion. 
  • Options
    I’m very surprised at this I really thought he was heading to Green Bay 
  • Options
    Anyone see the mayor of New Orleans trying to get Russell Wilson to join ! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Anyone see the mayor of New Orleans trying to get Russell Wilson to join ! 

• Options
    Can't imagine Sadiq Khan doing that.