Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 15 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Movement off the ball and plenty of width, pretty simple really. 
  • Options
    I’d have been happy before hand to get 3 points from Forest and Blackburn.
    So although we were poor today I am still ok overall.
  • Options
    I thought Blackburn were very good. The wind seemed to affect us but not them.

We were poor and our midfield lacked quality. As usual we couldn't retain possession and with the exception of Sarr our defending was poor. Missed headers, underhit passes, poor tackles....

A very concerning performance.

We did create a few chances but didn't look like scoring and their keeper had a very good game.

• Options
    Shit, wasn’t it. And when I got back to my car, someone had snapped off my rear wiper. Bad day ... we move on 
  • Options
    Last weekend...

This weekend...

Exactly this. Say no more.
  • Options
    Guess we’d have taken losing at Forest and winning today and those 6 points we have picked up in the last 4 have been priceless.
  • Options
    Blackburn were surprisingly good & better than us from start to finish.

Thoroughly deserved win.

We missed Williams & Pratley. 
    Davis & McGeady added little. 
    Cullen had another quiet game, no midfield. 

Hmm maybe CE, as a battling away performance, but both their goals were lucky - first was a deflection and second the scorer knew little about it. 
    Lucky goals or not they fucking bossed that game. 

Wind wasn't an issue for their defence, they won every header, 1 slight mistake from a wayward header but other than that they made it look easy. 

My point of view but look how easy they keep the ball, especially from their own throw ins. We make a throw in look like a mensa puzzle. 

Feet and back every time and they kept possession. 

We throw a 50/50 and lose possession.

Shit performance today from us but onto the next one. 

IMO 3rd best side at the valley behind Brentford then Leeds (who we beat) 
    Agree with a lot of what you say CPK, but I guess it is down to the game plan. In possession you run and lose your marker, or out of possession you run and mark a man and win the ball. But at professional level it is far more intricate and very much about individuals. Their number 7 (Armstrong) for example was a good player.  We no doubt had a plan for him. Who was charged with the job of executing this plan? Did he do it well today? Who knows, because we were not briefed by Bowyer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Blackburn were the better team and deserved to win.

They coped with the weather better but also played better football, moved the ball well and moved off the ball better.

Taylor didnt play well but his centre half was up his arse all game and didn't give him a sniff.

All comments need to take into account the swirling wind and rain but disappointed with McGeady and Davies. I think Pratley grabs that game by the scruff of the neck. No bookings for us.

Smith did little but he wasn't the only one. Doughty was busy.

We got done by a good team going for the play-offs, that's how far behind we are but their keeper made some good stops and the first goal was deflected.

I thought it was a pen to them in the first half though.

We need to be better v Luton and Huddersfield.

LLLBH

• Options
    Just left Euston - thankfully on the way home from that dross. In many ways just as bad as the Stoke game.

Taylor not at the races today, very poor. Maybe he would have been better with Bonne alongside him, but I doubt it.

Only Naby played with any degree of ability - the rest rubbish.

We are in the brown stuff.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Just left Euston - thankfully on the way home from that dross. In many ways just as bad as the Stoke game.

Taylor not at the races today, very poor. Maybe he would have been better with Bonne alongside him, but I doubt it.

Lyle didn't look right in the warm ups, in my opinion. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Lyle didn't look right in the warm ups, in my opinion. 
    Was he waving goodbye? 
  • Options
    Agree with most of the comments about losing to the better side but more importantly today I felt they bullied us far too easily. Pratley was badly missed but not sure it would have made that much difference. Thought McGeady looked okay, at least tried to make things happen.

Hopefully the heads don't drop too much, lost to a better team that will probably be in the playoffs, regroup and focus on next week. 
  • Options
    Blackburn reminded me of Preston, both well managed sides getting the most out of their players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horrible conditions today for both teams but one side managed them better than the other... Having been out in Storm Ciara last week (and being out in Storm Dennis tomorrow) I can certainly confirm how difficult it is to even run around

Its a shame as we started so strongly it looked as though we'd be carrying on from the performance against Forest yet Blackburn grew into the game and smartly took control

Of course felt that we got away with two penalties (the other being Naby's arm that was raised in the box late in the half) but at the same time I felt the referee was far too happy to give Blackburn anything when they hit the deck which included the free kick for their second goal (which we should have defended a lot better regardless if was a set piece that was justified or not)

Subs meant that we at least made an attacking effort but think the game had gone by the time it went 2-0 anyway

Christian Walton my Man of the Martch though, made about three cracking saves that on another day would have gone in, that 'keeper was not ending the day without a clean sheet
  • Options
    Not at it today, ref made some strange Decisions, Blackburn deserves the 3 points, thought their keeper played well, hope they keep Millwall out of the playoffs.

Next Saturdays game is a big one, hope the lads show up, please start Bonne over Hemed, he doesn’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s.
  • Options
    PWR. Truly awful performance. No invention, no imagination. 
    How Blackburn only won by two is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Can't be playing Davis and Cullen together at home.
    Last week folk were saying we can’t play Pratley and Davis.
    Well  it just shows you cant play 2 defensive midfielders together. !!!!
  • Options
    Terrible day, can we stop the cheap ticket crap - would rather have 17k paying full price in the ground. Saw a gooner hat outside and a mate I know who’s Millwall in the NU.

crap game - we were woeful, bring back Pratley and Williams next week cause Davis and McGeedy are very poor replacements

probably Lyles worst ever game for us, but he’s well in credit - he couldn’t trap a bag of cement today.

Would’ve accepted a defeat at forest and a win today so still even in my book,

massive game next week now 
  • Options
    It’s not the going early that bugs me. It’s the non football people that do not understand that football kicks off at 3.00 , is around 45 minutes a half and half time is 15 minutes. There is a stream of people at least 10 minutes either side of those times that want rows standing up so they can get out or in. 
    They have no sense of looking at the game as decide to push past at vital bits of the game ( today there were not many important bits!)
    You missed nothing by moving for people today, performance was dire and the crowd was just as good.
  • Options
    Bye bye LB
    Weird thing to post