Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bands/Musicians/Singers you dislike for no good reason other than.....

124»

Comments

• Options
    Loads: Elbow...just what the F was all that hype about.
    Pete Doherty: voice grates on me, his persona also.

Fine Young Cannibals: his voice also drove me effing mad.

Pet Shop Boys: Similar to above but just his overall persona, a voice that only a mother could love.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Paloma Faith. Reasonable enough voice if that's your thing, but just stick to singing and don't ever say anything out loud otherwise.
    I can't tell if her accent is genuine or not but it sounds utterly contrived, and everything she says makes her sound like a halfwit.

Didn’t I read somewhere that she is a Charlton supporter?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Paloma Faith. Reasonable enough voice if that's your thing, but just stick to singing and don't ever say anything out loud otherwise.
    I can't tell if her accent is genuine or not but it sounds utterly contrived, and everything she says makes her sound like a halfwit.

Didn’t I read somewhere that she is a Charlton supporter?

Immediately after I posted, that thought did come into my mind. Or that she's the sister of someone on here. But her annoyingness is so great that I don't care. And I've never seen her in the covered end anyway. Plastic.
  • Options
    Robbie Williams. I met him once and all he did was whine about how horrible his dad was. At the time I was working 5 days a week to pay my bills. I turn off the radio if he comes on.

• Options
    Coldplay in general but Chris Martin in particular
    Mostly inoffensive MOR pop music shouldn't rouse any strong feelings at all
    Hearing his atonal caterwauling when performing 'live' on the telly was like finger nails down a blackboard, chewing on tin foil and stubbing a toe all at the same time!  How have they got away with it for so long?  Their meteoric rise to commercial mega success was on the back of getting bumped up the bill at Glasto one year, cos Emily Eavis was young'n'gullible enough at the time to think them capable, and cheap enough presumably.  But then there was a deafening clamour as pseuds, bumlicks and phonies had to be seen to be joining in with the manufactured epiphany of Coldplay suddenly being "spectacularly talented and y'know grown up and thoughtful and that."  Baffling.
    There is a riff/refrain in one of their pop hits, that I found myself playing on the guitar and enjoying - I hated myself for months for apparently catching whatever it is that they infect people with.  How relieved was I to learn that they'd lifted the riff wholesale out of a Kraftwerk tune?  Or as CM tells it, borrowed it and used it as a tribute and a salute to the kraut electro pioneers, yeah right, Martin pull the other one it plays 'Fix You'
    Whinging, mewling, self-pitying guff.  Twitching about with an oh so accidentally battered, small scale guitar, or plonking around on a shagged looking upright piano - impresses only the unfailingly gullible and the irretrievably f(l)akey.  That oh so carefully constructed effing "shyness" Do one you prat.  "interviews and all that praise and adulation make me uncomfortable" oh do give it a rest, you're not inscrutable you're just galactically vain.
    Chris Martin: the social grace and flair of Thom Yorke and the musical creativity of James Blunt.
    Get off that fence :-)
  • Options
    House Martins, Beautiful South or any other pukey sweet pop from Hull.
  • Options

Pet Shop Boys: Similar to above but just his overall persona, a voice that only a mother could love.
    Libertines= Clash Tribute Band
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Robbie Williams. I met him once and all he did was whine about how horrible his dad was. At the time I was working 5 days a week to pay my bills. I turn off the radio if he comes on.

Are you saying that wealthy people don’t have just the same type of life’s problems and aren’t entitled to talk about them?
    Particularly when you happen to be struggling a bit financially.......what’s that got to do with him?
    What strange logic!
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:

What?  The Libertines sound nothing like The Clash.  They are musically so shit they aren't fit to wipe Mick Jones's arse, which is of course a valid reason for disliking them.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:

What?  The Libertines sound nothing like The Clash.  They are musically so shit they aren't fit to wipe Mick Jones's arse, which is of course a valid reason for disliking them.
    Libertines have tried to copy them in sound on several occasions.  I agree Libertines are shit and The Clash are brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    SDAddick said:
    Beck--Just find him really, really annoying. Maybe it's because he seems like the posterchild for Gen X and maybe it's my subconscious distaste for Gen X. But mostly, annoying

He was a Scientologist. Says he's not, but he almost certainly was once. Which makes me think he must be part-twat at least. 
  • Options
    Bobby Gillespie/Primal Scream - personally find them annoying and think he has a terrible voice especially live.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    UEAAddick said:

Libertines have tried to copy them in sound on several occasions.  I agree Libertines are shit and The Clash are brilliant
    Didn't Mick Jones produce their albums? Might explain it
  • Options
    What a peculiar thread: discussing why not to like someone for no good reason. 
    Plagiarism IS a good reason though and should therefore go on a more sensible thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Macronate said:

Michael Jackson.

No smoke without fire and all that, never liked his music anyway but my dislike intensified when he dangled Blanket over that balcony, attention seeking gonk.

And his Earth Song bollocks at the Brits when Cocker mooned.

Chas and Dave.

Singalong music at its worst, no-one wants to hear about two Laaarnderners going to Margate or professing their love for snooker. And as for Rabbit!!

Sorry, but MJ was a genius. 
    https://youtu.be/8vwHQNQ88cM

https://youtu.be/BMZogxtiTis

https://youtu.be/NwU1qdZNOz8
  • Options
    House Martins, Beautiful South or any other pukey sweet pop from Hull.
    Yeah, couldnt agree more, Boring monotonous music & they ruined "caravan of love" by the Isley Brothers. 
  • Options
    Coldplay, U2 ( coupled with the audacity to put their album on everyone's device), never got Amy Whinehouse, Madonna & anything Simon Cowell has come into contact with.
  • Options
    The Chainsmokers, a lot of younger folk think they're brilliant, I just find them dull. 
  • Options
    The Oasis brothers, no decent guitar playing from one, and a thin nasty whine of a voice from the other. Supposed to lecture us as the voice of a generation because they re-packaged the Beatles and they had their finger on the pulse, when in reality the only pulse they can feel is up their own sphincter.
  • Options
    William (or whatever his name is)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elvis - bubblegum rock n roll, bloody awful, a pretty boy marketed to sing just for the teenage girls.
    The king of rock n roll was/is the Little Ricard.

*on reflection I appear to have good reason to dislike Elvis.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ryan Adams, never listened to his music and therefore have no valid reason to dislike him but I do.

Might be because he shares a surname with Brian Adams, who I also dislike but for more valid reasons?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    What a peculiar thread: discussing why not to like someone for no good reason. 
    Plagiarism IS a good reason though and should therefore go on a more sensible thread.
    The point of starting this thread, for me, was to highlight my own often ridiculous dislike for a band/musician/singer for absolutely no valid/good reason.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Diana Ross. 

Chain Reaction makes me disproportionately angry. Dunno why, just does. 
  • Options

Are you saying that wealthy people don’t have just the same type of life’s problems and aren’t entitled to talk about them?
    Particularly when you happen to be struggling a bit financially.......what’s that got to do with him?
    What strange logic!
    Have you read the title of the thread?
  • Options

What strange logic!
    Have you read the title of the thread?
    Yes.....and?
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    DA9 said:
    Coldplay - soulless
    stormzy - fake, homophobic, illiterate twat who somehow is idolised by the media as some sort of modern day guru
    john lydon - fake arrogant knob 
    diddy/puff/ or whatever his name is this week - ego maniac
    kanye west - unhinged

I understand where you're coming from with Stormzy. However he has openly apologized for the homophobic language in the past. Not that I am condoning it but people are surely aloud to change their views. 

I agree to an extent with the idolisation by the media, but more to do with the fact that he has done nothing for grime/hip hop that Skepta and Kano haven't already done. But Stormzy recieves more credit. 

Agree with Coldplay and Kanye West. Even though i don't mind the first couple of Kanye West albums. Can never be that much of a fan because of him as a person.
    If Tommy Robinson or Katie Hopkins apologised for their language in the past, would they be forgiven so easily?
    No, it’s what he is, there is a lot of homophobic language and sexist attitudes in grime & hip hop that goes unchallenged, he only apologised because he had to under management and record company bosses orders IMO,  I don’t believe he is genuine in the slightest.
  • Options
    REM. Whiny shite.