Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bands/Musicians/Singers you dislike for no good reason other than.....

Comments

• The Darkness
    The B52s

• Iggy Pop
    Chrissie farkin Hynde 
    Marianne Faithfull
  • INXS and in particular Michael Hutchence. Don't know why, just couldn't stand him or them.
  • edited February 2020
    Beck--Just find him really, really annoying. Maybe it's because he seems like the posterchild for Gen X and maybe it's my subconscious distaste for Gen X. But mostly, annoying

Blind Melon-No rain gets stuck in my head and I find it deeply, deeply annoying. It's gonna get stuck in my head now. 

Kiss-Much less so than the other two because I rarely interact with Kiss fans or Kiss music. But it all seems a bit silly. And I can never tell if they're laughing at themselves, if it's all an in joke, or not. But I suspect not. I dunno. 
  • The Smiths.

Not just Morrissey who has outed himself as a massive conspiracy theorist alt right racist nutter. I hate all of them. 

Oooo jangly jangly moany moany. Piss off
  • Michael Jackson.

No smoke without fire and all that, never liked his music anyway but my dislike intensified when he dangled Blanket over that balcony, attention seeking gonk.

And his Earth Song bollocks at the Brits when Cocker mooned.

Chas and Dave.

Singalong music at its worst, no-one wants to hear about two Laaarnderners going to Margate or professing their love for snooker. And as for Rabbit!!

• edited February 2020
  • Coldplay
    Adele
    Michael Buble

• Lulu........FFS!!!!
    She still to this day inexplicably keeps getting rolled out on TV chat shows as a ‘swinging chick’ representative of the 60’s.
    Well I can tell you she never fucking was.....she was liked by the Mums and Dads and pop music crowd, but to us more trendy aficionados who appreciated better quality stuff she was a huge meaningless joke.
    Made one record “Shout”, other than that can anyone really name a record of note that people remember.
    Often waffles on when asked about The Mod Scene, Carnaby Street and Kings Road like she was part of it.......no she fucking wasn’t.
    She wouldn’t know a Purple Heart or Black Bomber if she was starring it in the face!  ;)
    Now, Marianne Faithfull......that’s another story. :)

Off the top of my head:

To Sir With Love 
    The Boat That I Row
    I'm A Tiger
    Man Who Sold The World (great version with Bowie on sax, backing vocals and "banging" duties - B side was her version of Watch That Man which was distinctly average)
    Boom Bang A Bang (won Eurovision - that doesn't happen too often for us!)
    Man With The Golden Gun (which was, admittedly, one of if not the worst Bond theme songs)
    Relight My Fire (with Take That)

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    Lulu........FFS!!!!
    She still to this day inexplicably keeps getting rolled out on TV chat shows as a ‘swinging chick’ representative of the 60’s.
    Well I can tell you she never fucking was.....she was liked by the Mums and Dads and pop music crowd, but to us more trendy aficionados who appreciated better quality stuff she was a huge meaningless joke.
    Made one record “Shout”, other than that can anyone really name a record of note that people remember.
    Often waffles on when asked about The Mod Scene, Carnaby Street and Kings Road like she was part of it.......no she fucking wasn’t.
    She wouldn’t know a Purple Heart or Black Bomber if she was starring it in the face!  ;)

Off the top of my head:

To Sir With Love 
    The Boat That I Row
    I'm A Tiger
    Man Who Sold The World (great version with Bowie on sax, backing vocals and "banging" duties - B side was her version of Watch That Man which was distinctly average)
    Boom Bang A Bang (won Eurovision - that doesn't happen too often for us!)
    Man With The Golden Gun (which was, admittedly, one of if not the worst Bond theme songs)
    Relight My Fire (with Take That)

I thought she butchered the Bowie’s song but then again, she did wear short skirts when she first came on the scene and that’ll do for me!

• Taylor Swift - creates social media feuds and arguments with celebrities only to have source material for songs and then complains about how everyone is mistreating her in a feud she created

Yes, cannot stand her either. Just like Beyonce, boring and up herself! 
  • Noel Gallagher.  2 great albums 25 years ago.  Thought he was the new John Lennon, became a name dropping authority on every subject and his band turned into a latter day Status Quo.  
    "Latter day Status Quo" no greater praise
    not that the world needs a latter day example - Quo still rocking out and packing em in wherever and whenever they want to
    But y'know cool and that is what matters, eh?
  • Go with Lewis Capaldi, no wonder she won't wake up, I'd pretend to be asleep too rather than listen to that. Brits nominations - really? In fact anyone that is played on Heart. Oh and Coldplay, Coldplay and Coldplay. Stormy must be mad though not just for the music alone. And Coldplay again. Self indulgent, arrogant, the nonsense with not 'touring' yet playing in America and verbally abusing a fan wanting an autograph. Mumford and Sons. Dire.
    And Coldplay... 
  • edited February 2020
    Sterophonics and Shane Macgowan for their anti-English rants and comments.
  • I've never heard a Robbie Williams song in full because the slightest glimpse of his face is enough to send Mrs Stig into a full scale rant about, "Who does he think he is...I bet he absolutely loves himself...what a smug git..." and so on and so on. Ditto with Beyonce. To be honest though, I've never felt I was missing anything. 
  • cafc375 said:
    ads said:
    Lewis Capaldi, need I say more
    Was waiting for someone to mention him, I just don't get the ratings. Shouts a lot and has a famous relative, I can do all that (apart from the famous relative bit)
    I find the music scene in the UK (and also the US) is quite strange nowadays. I look at bands that were popular in the 80's and 90's and there were so many great ones. The 2000's was okay but the 2010's really offered nothing special. 

The hype around people like Ed Sheeran, Adele and now Lewis Capaldi... I don't get any of it. How can average musicians like them become SO popular? There must be thousands of people with the same level of singing and writing skills in the UK? 

Singers like Robbie Williams, at least they can sing very well and perform live very well. :D

https://youtu.be/XM5gkph97Uw

• Sponsored links:

• Lulu........FFS!!!!

When I had a Saturday job as a teenager at a filling station, we used to have a heating and plumbing contractor come in for fuel, on one particular Saturday a couple of their vans came in for fuel as we opened which was unusual. I asked them why and they said they were installing central heating in Lulu;s flat in London that she shared/owned with Maurice Gibb, I think they were divorced at the time but still flat shared when they were in London. They said she wandered round the flat with next to nothing on and was often topless on a few occasions as she went round the flat.
  • Meat Loaf.

Carefully marketed as hard rock for boring bastards. 
  • Cliff Richard - just makes my skin crawl
    Cliff Richard singing at Wimbledon was one of the most horrific things I've ever seen.

The USA got Elvis and we got Cliff.
    What made it worse was the women players lined up standing behind him.
  • seth plum said:
    Lulu........FFS!!!!

When you mention Lulu and Marianne Faithful it brings to mind David Bowie because Lulu recorded The Man Who Sold The World, and Bowie of course wrote Life On Mars.
    Very clever, seth.  I'd like that twice if I could.  I wonder how many of the young'uns on here don't get it.
  • Coldplay - soulless
    stormzy - fake, homophobic, illiterate twat who somehow is idolised by the media as some sort of modern day guru
    john lydon - fake arrogant knob 
    diddy/puff/ or whatever his name is this week - ego maniac
    kanye west - unhinged

• Tones and I (Dance Monkey).
    People go on about her ‘amazing’ voice.
    No, it’s not amazing. It’s annoying.
  • DA9 said:
    Coldplay - soulless
    stormzy - fake, homophobic, illiterate twat who somehow is idolised by the media as some sort of modern day guru
    john lydon - fake arrogant knob 
    diddy/puff/ or whatever his name is this week - ego maniac
    kanye west - unhinged

I understand where you're coming from with Stormzy. However he has openly apologized for the homophobic language in the past. Not that I am condoning it but people are surely aloud to change their views. 

I agree to an extent with the idolisation by the media, but more to do with the fact that he has done nothing for grime/hip hop that Skepta and Kano haven't already done. But Stormzy recieves more credit. 

Agree with Coldplay and Kanye West. Even though i don't mind the first couple of Kanye West albums. Can never be that much of a fan because of him as a person.
  • edited February 2020
    Paloma Faith. Reasonable enough voice if that's your thing, but just stick to singing and don't ever say anything out loud otherwise.
    I can't tell if her accent is genuine or not but it sounds utterly contrived, and everything she says makes her sound like a halfwit.

• IdleHans said:
    Paloma Faith. Reasonable enough voice if that's your thing, but just stick to singing and don't ever say anything out loud otherwise.
    I can't tell if her accent is genuine or not but it sounds utterly contrived, and everything she says makes her sound like a halfwit.

She sounds like a dim Janet Street Porter on helium. 

I’m going to embarrass myself for saying this - but there’s a contestant on the latest series of pottery throw down who could be her mum. Same whiney dim voice and “quirky” look.