Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2020 thread

Comments

• Options
    Just 2 dabbles for me today - Forza Milan in the last.
    Anything under 26f is a bit short for you isn't it Peanuts?! :wink:
  • Options
    Good day's entertainment that - oh well, back to the SE7 soap opera.
  • Options
    Ravenhill in the last bit of a sickener as I placed last night at 11/2 isn’t covered by bog and it went off at 12/1 never the less winnings today will pay for my beers at the festival for the next 2 days and most of my bets. 
  • Options
    Picks for tomorrow;

Weds 

1.30 envoi Allen on at 10/1 ante post 

2.10 Minella indo 

2.50 birchdale & thosedaysaregone ew

3.30 defi du seil

4.10 easyland 

4.50 Zoffee ew & recentrevelations ew

5.30 Ferny hollow 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Ravenhill in the last bit of a sickener as I placed last night at 11/2 isn’t covered by bog and it went off at 12/1 never the less winnings today will pay for my beers at the festival for the next 2 days and most of my bets. 
    Same here. 11/2 instead of 12/1
    trying to tell myself I shouldn’t be disappointed with a win, actually had it in a double with Shishkin in the first, but knowing what I could have won hurts a little.
  • Options
    Willie is not happy - neither are we mr Mullins 

• Options
    Bookies day today
    2 winning faves 
    benie has saved them for the week 
    also carefully selected didn’t get the hype for that one myself 
  • Options
    Bookies day today
    2 winning faves 
    Because people set miles too much store in what a trainer has to say.

Don't know if the Ultima was as good as result for bookies as we might think especially as the first four home were all quite fancied in the betting. But yeah, the bookies' day.
  • Options
    Had a small return on an L15. Just stuck it on a moody Class 5 Handicap at Newcastle as Foxy Forever wins at 6/1 lol. Pays for me bets tomorrow now.
  • Options
    Grest day today with 3 winners which will pay for the rest of the festival for me.

Some tough races to pick apart tomorrow and not betting on races for the sake of it.  All I've done is:

1:30 Sporting John

2:10 Allaho
    Copperhead

2:50 Franco De Port

4:50 Tronador
    Blacko 

Think Tiger Roll will win the cross country but no value for me at odds on.

Good luck everyone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good start to the week for me .. long may it continue
  • Options
    Followed your tips slavishly today, @palarsehater, so a big thanks for a good days profit. 

Fingers crossed for more of the same tomorrow.
  • Options
    A good day for me.
    3 winners out of 4 and got a free bet on the loser.
    First races you must do Skybet as you get your money back on any win bets and the rest of the races PP were doing money back as a free bet if you come 2nd to 4th.
  • Options
    Bookies day today
    2 winning faves 
    Level day.

• Options
    Bit of a hit the post day for me. Good start with Sishkin and near misses with Kildisart & Galvin. Will leave alone the 3 races with likely short price winners tomorrow but the others look tough

2:10 Copperhead
    2:50 Birchdale, Stratum
    4:50 Thyme White, Repetitio
    5:30 Queens Brook, Eskylane
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Bit of a hit the post day for me. Good start with Sishkin and near misses with Kildisart & Galvin. Will leave alone the 3 races with likely short price winners tomorrow but the others look tough

2:10 Copperhead
    2:50 Birchdale, Stratum
    4:50 Thyme White, Repetitio
    5:30 Queens Brook, Eskylane
    Or maybe do them on PP if you're confident of them getting first 4 (assuming offer on tomorrow).
  • Options
    1.30 - I have Envoi Allen in a few multiples just the other side of evens, with Tiger Roll and Paisley Park. At current prices I'd go with The Big Breakaway e/w (8/1). Mossy Fen at huge odds might be a good place shout.

2.10 - Minella Indo to win at whatever odds are available (currently 11/4 or so), don't mind Slate House e/w (12/1), and Hills offering four places.

2.50 - Black Tears (e/w, 18/1) has some very useful form and fits trends - looks like Gordon Elliot's first string, too. Burrows Edge (16/1) nice price, and Cracking Smart (22s or so) might just have hit form at the right time? All about place money this one - maybe Alfa Mix is most likely winner but whatever, you can make a case for any and everything in the Coral Cup.

3.30 - Defi Du Seuil (11/10). Love this horse after 20/1 for me last year antepost, and has looked so strong lately. Shame Altior misses otherwise the three-way battle would have been an awesome show. Probably a watching brief this, though.

4.10 - Tiger Roll (4/5) will win I would think (again, multiples other side of evens). Not one to touch with a barge pole, but maybe Diesel D'Allier (20/1) has an each way shout, and Might Bite (16/1) is incredibly intriguing. Would love a big run from Josies Orders who's getting long in the tooth now.

4.50 - Handicap time? Right, erm Davy Russell then please on board Recent Revelations (16/1) but there's an incredible amount of chances. Five places. I suspect Palladium, Blacko and Thyme White all also have a good run. (Wouldn't have them all of course though hah, probably leave out Thyme White of those)

5.30 - Panic Attack looked really, really impressive and despite being a 4yo filly I reckon she goes well here at 12/1. The Glancing Queen intrigues at 16s, but my second option in the race would be Queens Brook (13/2) as JJ Codd is booked - he does really well in the Bumper.
  • Options
    A good day for me.
    First races you must do Skybet as you get your money back on any win bets and the rest of the races PP were doing money back as a free bet if you come 2nd to 4th.
    FYI, SkyBet offer today is money back if 2nd-5th
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Chacun Pour Soi out of the Champion Chase. Defi now 1/3.
    What looked a great race and race of the week now looks like a walkover. 
  • Options
    Chacun Pour Soi out of the Champion Chase. Defi now 1/3.
    What looked a great race and race of the week now looks like a walkover. 
    This is massively gutting. I love Defi Du Seuil and was hoping to see him confirm his place as a top top horse, while now... A big prize is there for him sure, but at the cost of seeing him in a mouthwatering race against two other titans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good day for me.
    FYI, SkyBet offer today is money back if 2nd-5th
    This is a weird offer but exploitable. You're getting better value on a horse placing, such as The Big Breakaway at like 8/1. £10 each way at these odds has the following outcomes:

- Win, and returns £116 (26 on place, 90 on win)

- Place, and returns £36 (26 on place, £10 refunded)

- Comes 4th/5th and you lose a tenner

- Shits the bed and you lose £20

Of these possibilities, I actually think the effective "price" you're getting on a horse to place here is pretty good, particularly one as classy as The Big Breakaway. It's basically extra each-way value in my opinion.
  • Options
    Anyone Playing The Telegraph Fantasy Racing?

My Selections for today:

1:30 Envoi Allen
    2:10 Allaho
    2:50 Franco De Port
    3:30 DDS
    4:10 Tiger Roll
    4:50 Tronador
    5:30 Appreciate It
  • Options
    very long shot e/w yankee

Mossy Fen
    Pym
    Burrows Edge
    Galahad Quest
  • Options
    Prob my only bets of week

E/W lucky 63

1:30 Big breakaway
    2:10 Minella Indo
    2:50 Champagne Well
    4:10 Might Bite
    4:50 Palladium
  • Options
    Lovely day yesterday. 2 wins plus 3 e/w. And spent in the Blythe Hill Tavern with pints of Hophead. Wish I could spend all week there.

• Options
    Coverage looks like it's on ITV4...

• Options
    Coverage looks like it's on ITV4...

Yes only the first race though then from 2.00 it's back on ITV 3.
  • Options
    Wallop
  • Options
    Mightily impressive.