Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2020 thread

Comments

• Options
    Another couple stats for the Grand Annual on the Friday
    Last 9 winners all ran at the previous years Festival and no horse who won a handicap chase the same  National Hunt season has won this race either 0 wins from 106 horses.
  • Options
    Also had a catch up with a couple guys who run tipping services and well known websites and these were the following five bankers of the meeting
    Benie Des Dieux   Mares hudle
    Envoi Allen   Ballymore hurdle
    Tiger Roll   Cross Country chase
    Appreciate It   Bumper
    Paisley Park   Stayers hurdle
    Also these were the five best outsiders
    Big River   Ultima chase
    Dallas De Pictons   Novice Handicap chase
    Rowlands Ward   Boodles hurdle
    Robin Des Florets   Plate Handicap chase
    Remiluc   County hurdle
  • Options
    Think there's a lot of us praying those "bankers" all come in!
  • Options
    Will be doing 4 of those in an acca. Don't fancy Appreciate It, usually get a decent priced winner of the Bumper.
  • Options
    I think Appreciate It, is the nailed on winner of the bumper.
  • Options
    23/10 that it doesnt go ahead
    4/11 that it does

So still odds on that it does go ahead but still crazy that its only 4/11 chance of going  ahead 

Bloody Coronavirus 
  • Options
    So far my ante posts are looking well 
    25/1 Shishkin supreme 
    10/1 envoi Allen any race

These have come in a lot, just checked. 9/4 for Shish now, 1/1 for Envoi any race. Nice bet, one would presume.

New to this thread as I got lost... I go on the Tuesday, go to Bristol Monday, stay up there and get the train on Tuesday. First timer, hopefully the weather doesn't affect it too much.

• Options
    23/10 that it doesnt go ahead
    4/11 that it does

So still odds on that it does go ahead but still crazy that its only 4/11 chance of going  ahead 

Bloody Coronavirus 
    I'd lump the lot on it going ahead. Kevin Blake mentioned it in passing and now people on Betfair are wetting the bed. 

Not that I have much experience pricing up Coronavirus disruption - but then no one does lol
  • Options
    Had a few bets but don't tend to get too involved antepost these days with so many mad place terms come the day.

A WAVE OF THE SEA (Triumph Hurdle) - was really impresses with him earlier in the season but then went off boil a bit (maybe plot for Fred Winter tbf) but came back last time out.  Think Triumph will really suit over the new course.

ARAMON (County) - had been chipping away at him at three fig prices for the Champion but seems likely to go for the County now.  Thought he'd get a mark in the 150s but gets in on 149 which underestimates him by about a stone.

SHARJAH (Champion) - put up best performance of season at Xmas but blew out last time (maybe feeling affects of previous run?) needs to bounce back but feel he is the best hurdler around.

MONALEE (Gold Cup) - this to me at prices right now is the bet of the meeting.  Has quite a similar profile to Don Cossack going RSA, Ryanair then here.  Was so unlucky at Xmas and can be marked up for that run having gone really hard mid race and then Rachael losing her irons after the last.  Form franked next time out with Delta Work winning and beating the same horses again.  I like the straight to Cheltenham prep from Xmas, and whilst there is a question mark on stamina, in his pedigree he should love it being by Milan out of a half sister to a Thyestes winner.  He's beaten Al Boum Photo before, and was all the rage in his novice season.  25/1 is an absolutely crazy price.

MISTER FISHER (Arkle) - seems like he'll go for JLT, which as a 50/1 backer for the Arkle will be a sickener!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been keeping an eye on the price just to see

Its now 

7/5 that it doesnt go ahead
    4/6 that it does

Big movement in 48 hours from 4/11  to 4/6
  • Options
    if there was to be a big rise in cases of the virus in ireland i would expect it to be called off. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Mad what the bookies will price up... 4/6 seems like buying money to me but what do I know?

Too many panicked people jumping on the other side because “if it’s not going ahead, at least I’ll make a bit of money”.
  • Options
    First case of Coronavirus confirmed in Republic of Ireland about 15 minutes ago 
  • Options
    Our Government’s chief medical officer said yesterday that “we may have to ban large gatherings of people, such as sporting and music events”. 
    I think Cheltenham will just scrape through in time, but Glasto has to look dodgy. 
  • Options
    Mad what the bookies will price up... 4/6 seems like buying money to me but what do I know?

Too many panicked people jumping on the other side because “if it’s not going ahead, at least I’ll make a bit of money”.
    I've heard a lot of the people betting it won't go ahead are local business owners hedging their bets in case it's cancelled and they lose all that revenue. 

Then again, none of us exactly have experience pricing up Coronavirus disruption... 
  • Options
    especially when the Glastonbury crowd barely wash !! 
  • Options
    so do we think it will be on 

one thing i think people haven't considered when backing the NO market is it being on behind closed doors would still mean it is on just with no spectators. 
  • Options
    Behind closed doors is by far the better option than cancelling or moving it to the April meeting that has been mentioned
  • Options
    so do we think it will be on 

one thing i think people haven't considered when backing the NO market is it being on behind closed doors would still mean it is on just with no spectators. 
    Yeah, it'll be on. The other thing to also consider is potential storm impact.

I don't think people are considering all that much when it comes to the 'No' market - it's hysteria and hedging one's bets I think. But I highly doubt we see a cancellation unless there are an incredible amount of new cases tonight/tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any updates, assuming all is ok now? I am going next week, hopefully it all goes ahead regardless of weather. Don't really think the Coronavirus will be an issue, should hope not.
  • Options
    matt hancock says we are "weeks" away from cancelling sporting events. 
  • Options
    Stat for the RSA Chase..... The last 22 winners have all finished in the first three in there last race.... Champ who is the current favourite didn't. 
  • Options
    Stat for the RSA Chase..... The last 22 winners have all finished in the first three in there last race.... Champ who is the current favourite didn't. 
    minella indo for me. 
  • Options
    Renting my house out for it this year so really hoping it doesn’t get cancelled!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    minella indo for me. 
    Backed him at long odds in last year's Albert Bartlett with Betfair, so have a soft spot for the horse. 
    Hasn't set the World alight yet over fences but I'll definitely be backing him too. 
  • Options
    How much is the wet weather affecting everyone's betting choices?
  • Options
    GE says on the Betfair preview show that Envoi Allen could be switching to the Supreme if the weather carries on the way it’s been going.

Cue the crashing odds, bet the insiders made a pretty penny on that market move.
  • Options
    Exhibit A in case for not betting novice hurdles antepost.  Probably 10s just to hit a runner