Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another thought, another prayer

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic news Bob, as others have said enjoy your first evening home in a long time with Jan, best wishes to both of you and I hope her recovery continues at a speedy pace.

• Options
    Fantastic news Bob that puts everything else in perspective. Not for the first time has your family have been through it in the last few years either.

Can empathise because my wife lost her Mum on 5th October last year, then her Dad on 13th June (in hospital and without being able to say goodbye) and her twin brother has been fighting cancer for the last six months which will, following numerous bouts of chemotherapy, culminate in a potentially life saving operation to remove a tumour next week. All we can do is hope that the op is successful and that the whole family can move on from there.
  • Options
    First time I've opened this thread...it must have been a tough year so far, but great news in the update today, all the best to you both..
  • Options
    Good news. I hope things keep looking up.
  • Options
    Great news
  • Options
    That’s great to hear. 👍
  • Options
    Fantastic news Bob that puts everything else in perspective. Not for the first time has your family have been through it in the last few years either.

Can empathise because my wife lost her Mum on 5th October last year, then her Dad on 13th June (in hospital and without being able to say goodbye) and her twin brother has been fighting cancer for the last six months which will, following numerous bouts of chemotherapy, culminate in a potentially life saving operation to remove a tumour next week. All we can do is hope that the op is successful and that the whole family can move on from there.

Very best wishes to your brother-in-law, and all of you - especially your dear wife who has had so much sadness over the past year.
    One day, one glorious day, we will rid humanity of this bastard disease.
  • Options
    Good news.
    Now you must become Bob the nurse for a while!
  • Options
    All the best to you; you and your wife are in our thoughts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Great news. Best wishes to your family.
  • Options
    Great news that, as you say @Bobmonro one day we shall get rid of this terrible C word  disease, I know far too many cases, family & friends who have it, treatments though and management of it are getting better thanks to some brilliant medical scientists & researchers. 
  • Options
    Great news, so pleased for you all. 
  • Options
    Fantastic news!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    bobmunro said:
    Thank you all.
    Jan is taking a peaceful nap on the sofa and I keep going into the lounge just to look at her - my soul mate.
    All the best to you both mate. 
  • Options
    Excellent news Bob and best wishes for continued happiness to both of you.
  • Options
    Very happy for you and your family.
  • Options
    Wishing you both all the very best. Hoping and praying that Jan continues to improve.
  • Options
    Nice one! 
  • Options
    Really excellent news, Bob! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delighted to hear that Bob.
  • Options
    Wonderful news Bob, so glad to hear that your wife is home with you. It must have been a very difficult 3 weeks for both of you. My best wishes for your wife's continuing recovery.
  • Options
    Great news and an immense relief for you all I'm sure.

Really chuffed for you, you deserve it Bob.
  • Options
     can only echo all the other comments. 

Great news 
  • Options
    Great news Bob. And excellent timing from Thomas that means you don't need to keep checking on here for updates so often :)  Hope all continues to progress well.
  • Options
    Some good news is always welcome and i am very glad to hear it.
  • Options
    Great news Bob :).
  • Options
    Fantastic news Bob, I hope she recovers swiftly from the treatment and you are both able to get back to enjoying life together without that constant felling, even if only at the back of your mind of the Damocles hanging over your heads. I wish you both and the rest of the family many happy times ahead.

@PaddyP17 amazing post and what a great act of altruistic kindness, which may well have had such a huge positive impact on a family. It may not have seemed like much to you to do it, but the effect could well be huge. 
  • Options
    Great news Bob. 

Only just seen this thread so was not aware of this prior. 

I’ve never met you before but got a massive smile on this news.