Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another thought, another prayer

Comments

• Options
    All the best Bob.
  • Options
    All the best mate
  • Options
    All the best for you and Jan, Bob. 
  • Options
    Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to your wife, yourself and your family.
  • Options
    Thoughts out to your wife & to yourself Bob,as hard as it is,stay strong & positive knowing she is in the best hands to help overcome this bitch of a disease...
  • Options
    Bob it will be a tough time but I feel sure we will all be rooting for you and Jan.
    Someone close to me was a stem cell donor with successful results so be positive.
    You are an awesome contributor, and clearly an awesome person and those qualities are always evident.
    All the very best.
  • Options
    All the best to you and your wife sir.
  • Options
    Very best wishes to Jan, the family and yourself Bob. 
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you both over the next three weeks. 
  • Options
    Bob, my wife's best friend Sharon was diagnosed with leukemia last year.
    She had a stem cell transplant and is now cured.
    All the best to Jan, you & your family. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you all.
  • Options
    Sorry to read your news. Hope things go well.
  • Options
    Only just caught up with this and sending positivity for a successful op .

My SIL had a stem cell transplant for a brain tumour a few years ago and is a picture of health now.

Will be thinking of you both until you hear those  longed for words "ALL CLEAR!"

Stay strong  Bob x
  • Options
    Adding to the chorus of good wishes, and I'm pleased to see various people have chimed in with success stories of similar treatment. Keeping fingers crossed here, and hoping you manage not to climb the walls too much while you're not allowed to visit.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wishing you all the strength you, Jan and your family need to see you through this awful ordeal to a full recovery. Very best wishes.
  • Options
    Hope all goes well Bob. Best wishes to you all.
  • Options
    Thinking of you Jan, stay strong for her and yourself. I also had a stem cell transplant and after shitty couple of months after I am now well.
  • Options
    Best wishes Bob and Jan and family, that's a long time apart, hope you  have a speedy recovery and that the three weeks whizz by.
  • Options
    My BiL (Mate, whom I met his sister now my wife for many a year) had stem cell 10 years ago, he was round cutting our grass yesterday, wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this Bob. Such a difficult thing for Jan, you and the rest of the family to go through in normal times, let alone with the added pain of being separated throughout the process. My thoughts are with you and your family and very much hope the treatment is fully successful giving you all many happy times together in the future. Best wishes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I gather on here you are a kind and very generous man. I sincerely hope your generosity is rewarded by Jan making a full and speedy recovery.
  • Options
    I had my stem cell transplant 13 years ago now. 

I'm still here trying to do my best for the world but mainly I'm just the same old miserable bugger I was before.

My memory of the time is that I just wanted to rest and let the wonderful nurses and other staff look after me. Visitors were quite a challenge and I was actually pleased when they left! If you keep in touch I think you may find the separation more difficult to deal with than Jan. (although she will not admit it)!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Brilliant news, I was worried about opening the thread in case it wasn't such great news.
    Take care all of you.
  • Options
    Great news, pleased for you & Jan.
  • Options
    That's great news, Bob ! 

I honestly hadn't realised that the 3 weeks were up..but expect it felt like 3 months to you both. 

Please keep us up to date with the lovely Jan's on going progress as we'll continue  to be thinking of her. 

Onwards and upwards !
  • Options
    Great news! This must be a huge weight off your mind. Enjoy your evening at home with Jan. 
  • Options
    Fantastic news! What a tremendous week its been for the Munro family. All the very best.
  • Options
    Fabulous ❤️
  • Options
    Great news!!