Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall Tweets

Comments

• Options
    DFTT
    It can be fun though!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Tweets and videos of man waffling or an owner who actually has the freehold of the ground and training ground?

Tough call.

It's 2020, so I guess we'll go with some videos. Everyone likes videos.

Your 12 posts since joining last month have been very positive, thanks for the contributions 
    Sorry mate, everything about this new guy is great!

I particularly like how he's a successful businessman with zero visibility online before owning Charlton and brief look at his previous directorships (both of which lasted comfortably under a year) brings nothing but clues of success!

Better?
    Everyone's gotta start somewhere, moosh. Give the bloke a chance, and if it all goes tits up as you and a handful of others keep insinuating, the rest of us will apologise to you all profusely.

Nb - I think everyone is aware that there have been suggestions MS has a bit of history and is a bit of a rookie when it comes to the job in hand, but I also think some just want to give him a chance for the time being.
  • Options
    Why would you start your opinion of someone by not liking them? 

I like everyone until i have a reason to think otherwise.
    Exactly, tosser!

😉
  • Options

Would say the same about respect. Do hate the old 'respect has to be earned' nonsense. 
  • Options
    Although there is no reason to dislike Southall at all , just a bit green behind the ears 
  • Options
    Cut the fella some slack, sure if he’s dropping clangers let him know, we have been wallowing in mediocrity for the last 6 years under Roland, even when we did have a CEO , we did better than when we didn’t have one!

The damage that has been done mustn’t and won’t be forgotten, but give the geezer a chance, he’s only been in the door a few weeks!

Some of you must be a nightmare to work with!
  • Options
    Although there is no reason to dislike Southall at all , just a bit green behind the ears 
    Southall has more business experience that Bowyer had football management experience when he first got the managers job with Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some will find it cringey but I like it. 

For what it’s worth i think Southall has landed right on his feet. No way is he qualified to run a Championship club. Katrien was the same and it ended badly. However, I think this will be different because Katrien was up her own arse and couldn’t connect with the fans. As long as you keep us in mind you’re half way there. 
    Katrien: "They threatened me" :cry:

Charlton Fans: :hushed::angry:

• Options
    Tweets and videos of man waffling or an owner who actually has the freehold of the ground and training ground?

Tough call.

You joined on January 30th and have made 14 basically negative comments. Is there something you want to tell us?
  • Options
    DFTT
    Come off it. We've seen a few trolls on here but I don't think this bloke is one. Just a bit of a sceptic. 
  • Options
    Have switched off notifications for his Tweets. Got fed up with my phone buzzing all night long with pictures of, as nice as they are, other people’s children 
  • Options

That’s where I differ , everyone’s a c**t till proven otherwise 

You’re a positive person and I’m a negative miserable old c**t 
    I’ve thought that for a long while but never had the heart to tell you. :)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Could do a lot worse than employ @Grapevine49
    This isn’t as strange as it sounds.......he could at least be encouraged to come on here and acquaint himself with some Grapevine49 posts and thus become aware that we have such a talented individual in our fan base.
    G49 is retired I understand, he just may be interested in a project that would be very close to his heart, though I admit, I don’t know in what capacity that might be.
    Like Addickted has said......”He could do a lot worse”.
    He's already got one lifer employed as a 'consultant'. What exactly he consults in I am unsure.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    This isn’t as strange as it sounds.......he could at least be encouraged to come on here and acquaint himself with some Grapevine49 posts and thus become aware that we have such a talented individual in our fan base.
    G49 is retired I understand, he just may be interested in a project that would be very close to his heart, though I admit, I don’t know in what capacity that might be.
    He's already got one lifer employed as a 'consultant'. What exactly he consults in I am unsure.
    who's that then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    who's that then?
    Lee Amis

Don't ask for his user name as Admin prefer such things not to be revealed.

• Options
    So far MS has done well in terms of connecting with the fans and that is both welcome and needed.

There are legitimate questions and concerns about the split in ownership of the club and the ground and other issues (see the "Who owns the Valley?" thread for a more in-depth debate) but it's too early to say IMHO either that everything is brilliant, we've got our Charlton back or to say MS is a chancer and we're all doomed.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and they've only just stuck it in the oven.
    THIS. Couldn't agree more. We will be much more able to judge in August.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Tough call.

You joined on January 30th and have made 14 basically negative comments. Is there something you want to tell us?
    Hello, my name is Mr Alechutted and I come from some place far away. Anyway I say that Roland did a good job.

Mr Irving said it in a much more balanced way.

I say keep those expectations low. I can smell a bullshitter a mile off. When they own more than just the liabilities of the club I'll cheer up a bit.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Tough call.

Hello, my name is Mr Alechutted and I come from some place far away. Anyway I say that Roland did a good job.

Mr Irving said it in a much more balanced way.

I say keep those expectations low. I can smell a bullshitter a mile off. When they own more than just the liabilities of the club I'll cheer up a bit.
    You are on a proper wind up, Roland did a good job...

Is that you Thomas?

B) 
    I was doing a simpsons gag.

It's the way you tell 'em.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    who's that then?
    Got head hunted. Some think I went above their heads, but I was approached and gave in to the demands. It was me or Maddison so only ever gonna be one outcome
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Uboat said:
    Addickted said:
    How would he hear about him?
    Through the Grapevine... :-)

They should make up a song about grapevine.
    I heard it

Through the Grapevine... :-)