Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We have new owners but have to say I remain unconvinced of any progress so far - hopefully this will change. 
  • Options
    I hope MS and HE are watching it on Roland’s stream....
  • Options
    Can’t see us getting much from this . I don’t think that’s will be many goals so I’m saying 1-0 Preston .

Some Stats .

10 games since we have won away 
    15 games since we have kept a clean sheet 
    23 games since we have drew 1-1 

• Options
    I think we might win this one. There are a few players with a point to prove, Davison will be buzzing after scoring his first senior goal, and JW is back. We might even see twenty minutes of Cullen. 
    1-2 to the rejuvenating Addicks. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Sage said:
    Looks as though Dempsey is in the squad for tomorrow, going by Williams’ Instagram story... if so, who misses out?
    When you say the squad tomorrow do you mean the starting eleven or just the 18-man team?
    I imagine the 18. With all the talk of Williams, Cullen, JFC it would be a little deflating to see Dempsey starting. 
    Yeah I imagine it would be careless of Williams to mention the starting eleven on social media - Wonder if we'll only see on CB and one Full Back on the bench again like last week (Solly misses out)

Forster-Caskey can replace Dempsey in the line up

Williams replaces Gallagher

Dempsey takes the last available space on the bench with Cullen left a little bit longer until Fulham on Wednesday
    Just part of the travelling squad, he was sitting next to Morgan in the video so that’s why I knew he was there. Just curious as to who misses out with Dempsey travelling? We’ll find out in less than 3 hours now, but I hope with the players you’ve mentioned, Dempsey is only on the bench.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I think we might win this one. There are a few players with a point to prove, Davison will be buzzing after scoring his first senior goal, and JW is back. We might even see twenty minutes of Cullen. 
    I like this. 
    Defo davison will come on for an outstanding game v baggies. Will be confident. 
    Willy back as well to provide service and green settled in. COYR
  • Options
    Important thing is not to concede early - if PNE are not in great form then they will obviously be anxious. 
  • Options
    I assume we've taken more than 18 up to Preston anyway, now we have a few more options. Crazy to only take 18 then end up with a depleted bench if someone is ill overnight
  • Options
    So, no new players in this week either. Right-oh. I'm so glad we are targeting the Barnsley game rather than the next 2 as to when we finally get on the winning trail. 

With that in mind.......2-0 to the home side tomorrow & the plucky kids can all have a pat on the back for trying.
    It's only some posters on CL who are targeting the Barnsley game, Golfie.

You can bet Bowyer's focus is on the Preston match today.

• Options
    I assume we've taken more than 18 up to Preston anyway, now we have a few more options. Crazy to only take 18 then end up with a depleted bench if someone is ill overnight
    I believe normally 20 are taken, just in case of unseen situations.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    So, no new players in this week either. Right-oh. I'm so glad we are targeting the Barnsley game rather than the next 2 as to when we finally get on the winning trail. 

With that in mind.......2-0 to the home side tomorrow & the plucky kids can all have a pat on the back for trying.

At the end of the day oggy  management and owner are taking a big gamble.
    Let's hope they've got it right
  • Options
    Management may not have much choice if budget is limited. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Talal said:
    Sage said:
    Looks as though Dempsey is in the squad for tomorrow, going by Williams’ Instagram story... if so, who misses out?
    When you say the squad tomorrow do you mean the starting eleven or just the 18-man team?
    I imagine the 18. With all the talk of Williams, Cullen, JFC it would be a little deflating to see Dempsey starting. 
    Yeah I imagine it would be careless of Williams to mention the starting eleven on social media - Wonder if we'll only see on CB and one Full Back on the bench again like last week (Solly misses out)

Dempsey takes the last available space on the bench with Cullen left a little bit longer until Fulham on Wednesday
    Just part of the travelling squad, he was sitting next to Morgan in the video so that’s why I knew he was there. Just curious as to who misses out with Dempsey travelling? We’ll find out in less than 3 hours now, but I hope with the players you’ve mentioned, Dempsey is only on the bench.
    Ah if its just the travelling squad Id question if its Vennings from your original list who'll go back to the U23s now
  • Options
    Management may not have much choice if budget is limited. 
    Management would of had a say on when to play the Fulham game
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Hi @clb74 ...... I've no doubt they are playing the long game. Bowyer, each transfer window, hangs on for the players he really wants, rather than any old player just to boost squad numbers.

Sometimes he gets the Cullens, Belieks and Fields; otherwise it's the Leckos, Kayals and Hemeds .... and when all else fails with 5 minutes to go, Josh Parker.

But then in previous windows he's had no budget. This time he has ..... but with a couple of weeks to go, he's not going to be in any hurry to sign 3rd and 4th choices. He can do that without 5 minutes to go.

Bowyer won't be worrying about any of that today.
    He'll set us up best he can for the 3 points. That'll be his focus. The rest is in the lap of the gods.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Hi @clb74 ...... I've no doubt they are playing the long game. Bowyer, each transfer window, hangs on for the players he really wants, rather than any old player just to boost squad numbers.

Sometimes he gets the Cullens, Belieks and Fields; otherwise it's the Leckos, Kayals and Hemeds .... and when all else fails with 5 minutes to go, Josh Parker.

But then in previous windows he's had no budget. This time he has ..... but with a couple of weeks to go, he's not going to be in any hurry to sign 3rd and 4th choices. He can do that without 5 minutes to go.

He'll set us up best he can for the 3 points. That'll be his focus. The rest is in the lap of the gods.

I dream of 3 points away from home.
    Unfortunately since November including today there has been no chance of 3 points.
  • Options
    Will be apartment hunting all day so wont be able to watch. Despite losing Conor, I think we'll still put out a decent team. Safe travels for everyone heading to Preston!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Unfortunately since November including today there has been no chance of 3 points.
    Then we're overdue to be just plain lucky today. :smile:

• Options
    Here's to a big helping of luck today. A bit like Blackburn away, which proves you can get it.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Talal said:
    Sage said:

Ah if its just the travelling squad Id question if its Vennings from your original list who'll go back to the U23s now
    Guess with the U23s playing today and kicking off at 1pm, we should know a bit more detail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

I live in hope 
    What sort of social club opens at 1pm on matchday 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

I live in hope 
    @clb74 ....... Can't you find a Weatherspoons for half an hour? :smile:

• Options
    Can you watch this game on valley pass from 'abroad'?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

I live in hope 
    @clb74 ....... Can't you find a Weatherspoons for half an hour? :smile:

Been in Preston since 10.45
  • Options
    Train cancelled at Crewe with a load of Charlton on it, no connections in time via Manchester either
  • Options
    2121 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I like this. 
    Defo davison will come on for an outstanding game v baggies. Will be confident. 
    Willy back as well to provide service and green settled in. COYR
    Thanks you. Where's my like then ;-)
  • Options
    Yes. Fortunately I'm in Amsterdam.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Train cancelled at Crewe with a load of Charlton on it, no connections in time via Manchester either
    Bummer. Hope you guys make it in time. COYR.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Yes. Fortunately I'm in Amsterdam.
    Funny that since you wanted to go to the game this morning and bemoaned missing the opportunity of Blackpools £40 ticket and train offer.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What, they've terminated at Crewe & thrown everyone off?