Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    A 1-1 draw, good enough while a few more come back. 
  • Options
    I'd take that
  • Options
    A 1-1 draw, good enough while a few more come back. 
    It feels like we’ve been saying that for the last month.... we need the three points. 
  • Options
    The new era has begun. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We've signed a player who had a torrid time at Preston until a couple of weeks ago.

He might just be determined to prove a point.

It's all set for Green to score and cup his ear to the booing Preston fans

Sadly it'll be just a consolation after Bauer and Rudd score for them first
  • Options
    Return trip to SE7  with a point courtesy of a Hemed tap in,1-1.
  • Options

Remember, after all these 2-2 draws ........ we only need to score 3 goals to win. :smile:

• Options
    Reminder, that tickets for the game are available on the day at Preston.

"881 tickets had been sold by the time they went off sale on Thursday afternoon. Tickets will be available from Deepdale on the day at the below prices..."

Ticket info Away Prestonpng

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comfortable afternoons work for Preston 2-0
  • Options
    can’t see us getting anything from this, I’m afraid. Despite a spirited performance against the Baggies ... 3-0 defeat 
  • Options
    Another loss 3-0 Preston. 
  • Options
    “The young Addicks gave it their all, but we come away from Deepdale with a loss”
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    4-0 with Dempsey and Vennings scoring 2 each!
  • Options
    We’ll concede early then get into the game only not to be able to find a goal. Will concede late as we go for it late on. 2 - 0
  • Options
    I am sure the youngsters will give their all against a very organised team. Again it will not be quite good enough, 2-0 to Preston.
  • Options
    We’re a happy lot on here at the moment, ain’t we... :neutral:
  • Options
    1-1 and happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Experience and an old head are seriously underrated by the yoot 😁

Wait till you have done your time. All the signs are there.  We are a dog in a fight.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I think there is one thing you shouldn't do - which is disrespect points when you are in our position. Tomorrow's point or points could be the ones that ultimately keep us up. We have had 18 days to mitigate our injury crisis to some extent. We have even brought forward the Fulham game which feels like incredible ineptitude. Why should we all be so joyful at this?

I'm not saying bring in superstars, but can we honestly not have loaned a couple of players more suited than Vennings and Dempsey responding to the situation as it is? Absolutely no disrespect to those players at all - it is just they are not ready yet. Even if we get a point or 3 from one or both of those games, the odds are against us and respecting the importance of the points would have seen us try to make the positive outcome at least a little more likely. 
  • Options
    2-0 preston. Anything here would be a benefit and a miracle 
  • Options
    I think that those of us who are a bit worried are not advocating we protest or are unhappy the club has been taken over, but we should be able to reserve the right to be critical if we believe there is something to be critical about.
  • Options
    I think that those of us who are a bit worried are not advocating we protest or are unhappy the club has been taken over, but we should be able to reserve the right to be critical if we believe there is something to be critical about.
    Yeah, but some people are getting anxious and agitated because they seem to expect everything to immediately click in place.
    I know it's supposed to be the age of instant gratification, but despite huge expectation, real life doesn't usually work like that.

And when it doesn't, they straightaway start to panic or at least fill their thoughts with worst case scenarios.
    Or so it seems.

• Options
    We are only five points from the relegation zone.
  • Options
    We know, Muttley. But let's first see where we are tomorrow at 5 o'clock.

We know we've been on a long poor run. But we do know the reasons why.
    With players gradually returning that should, on paper at least, make us a stronger team during the next few games.

Incidently, if we look at the past 6 games form table, we see that we've lost only twice in those 6 games.
    There's a fair few other teams who've lost more games than that in the same period.

And we're in a better position than all the teams below us.