Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Realy could do with at least a point or three tomorrow as I dont see any of the teams below us picking up much
    Stoke away to west brom -west brom win all day long
    Wigan away to swansea so nothing for wigan there (conor brace)
    Huddersfield host brentford huddersfield realy poor at moment so nothing there
    Barnsley away to bristol city again nothing to be had there and finally luton getting spanked by forest at the city ground so I see no reason why we shouldn't widen our safety margin?
    Oh other than our starting 11 looks poor
    But on the plus side our bench looks good for a couple of late goals and snatch a 2-1 win
    Coyr
  • Options
    So, no new players in this week either. Right-oh. I'm so glad we are targeting the Barnsley game rather than the next 2 as to when we finally get on the winning trail. 

With that in mind.......2-0 to the home side tomorrow & the plucky kids can all have a pat on the back for trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Preston aren’t in the greatest form themselves and there is a real positivity in the squad following the battle from behind point against WBA added to more of the seniors getting back to fitness.

We had a similar feeling after Loftus Road and the next game we beat a down-on-their-luck Bristol City. Could we see a repeat?

We’ll get something from the game, I can feel it. 

Might even have a chance to take three points at the death - just hope it falls to a player that doesn’t fluff their lines. COYR
  • Options
    Talal said:
    We are only five points from the relegation zone.
    Goal difference virtually makes it six. Just trying to be positive! 
    That could easily mean we stay up.
  • Options
    Woke up this morning feeling fine. 
    COYA
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Woke up early this morning wishing I was going to this. 
  • Options
    One of our lot has dropped out.
    So I have a spare match ticket and spare train ticket 9.30 Euston. 
    Mates rates if anyone is interested. £40 the pair. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I woke up early wishing I was going to this. 
    Unless you've got other commitments James you still can leave at 9.00 M25/M40 or M1/M6 Junction 31 you'll be there at 1pm pay on the gate 😉
  • Options
    COYA
    Glad you did 
    3-0 loss
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    COYA
    Glad you did 
    3-0 loss
    That's the spirit. 
    See you there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    COYA
    Glad you did 
    3-0 loss
    That's the spirit. 
    See you there
    Ok mate
  • Options
    3 types of Charlton fans:
    Glass half full
    Glass half empty
    Glass shattered

We need 20/20 vision to see this bright new dawn. Maybe not today, maybe not the Fulham game but by the Barnsley game, we will see the future. 

• Options
    Agh, if I’d seen this earlier.....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Agh, if I’d seen this earlier.....
    That's a shame mate.
    It would have been nice to meet you
  • Options
    4 nil PNE
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So, no new players in this week either. Right-oh. I'm so glad we are targeting the Barnsley game rather than the next 2 as to when we finally get on the winning trail. 

With that in mind.......2-0 to the home side tomorrow & the plucky kids can all have a pat on the back for trying.
    I don't think it's a question of targeting the Barnsley game.

It's more to do with not being able to sign the players we want thus far.
    We're doing our best to get in the better players before giving up and signing lesser players.
    It seems sensible to me.

There have been few decent players signed in The Championship so far.
    I thought everyone on here new about deadline day, when most of the transfers take place.
    The reason being players and clubs still have 2 weeks to look at their options, before deciding.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Looks as though Dempsey is in the squad for tomorrow, going by Williams’ Instagram story... if so, who misses out?
    When you say the squad tomorrow do you mean the starting eleven or just the 18-man team?
  • Options
    Glass half full
    Glass half empty
    Glass shattered

We need 20/20 vision to see this bright new dawn. Maybe not today, maybe not the Fulham game but by the Barnsley game, we will see the future. 

When it comes to owners, a few of us have had the glass contents poured away other the years. I really do want to trust this lot but I probably need a bit more than hope. I have never been one for faith. As Othello would put it, 'Give me the ocular proof'. Mind you that wasn't the best approach for him!
  • Options
    Matt Southall - Chairman and Club Mascot 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We're doing our best to get in the better players before giving up and signing lesser players.
    It seems sensible to me.

I thought everyone on here new about deadline day, when most of the transfers take place.
    The reason being players and clubs still have 2 weeks to look at their options, before deciding.
    Of course were targeting Barnsley. 
    Any points in January are free hits
  • Options
    Glass half full
    Glass half empty
    Glass shattered

When it comes to owners, a few of us have had the glass contents poured away other the years. I really do want to trust this lot but I probably need a bit more than hope. I have never been one for faith. As Othello would put it, 'Give me the ocular proof'. Mind you that wasn't the best approach for him!
    You get a like for quoting Shakespeare on a match preview.  
  • Options
    Hope HE remembers to bring his wallet when he comes over. Matt getting the PR right which is a good and welcome thing. Need the substance to follow quite quickly too. 
  • Options
    Glass half full
    Glass half empty
    Glass shattered

You get a like for quoting Shakespeare on a match preview.  
    Et tu tu Brutus...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    Looks as though Dempsey is in the squad for tomorrow, going by Williams’ Instagram story... if so, who misses out?
    When you say the squad tomorrow do you mean the starting eleven or just the 18-man team?
    I imagine the 18. With all the talk of Williams, Cullen, JFC it would be a little deflating to see Dempsey starting. 
  • Options
    We have a bit more about us today with players returning who can influence the game in our favour so it's another 2.2 on the road. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Sage said:
    I imagine the 18. With all the talk of Williams, Cullen, JFC it would be a little deflating to see Dempsey starting. 
    Yeah I imagine it would be careless of Williams to mention the starting eleven on social media - Wonder if we'll only see on CB and one Full Back on the bench again like last week (Solly misses out)

Forster-Caskey can replace Dempsey in the line up

Williams replaces Gallagher

Dempsey takes the last available space on the bench with Cullen left a little bit longer until Fulham on Wednesday
  • Options
    If we can somehow cobble a point from this match I'll be delighted.
  • Options
    Imagine getting an away win. Surely it’ll happen again sometime...Preston’s last two home games lost 0-2...
  • Options
    clb74 said:

It seems sensible to me.

Of course were targeting Barnsley. 
    Any points in January are free hits
    It depends what we mean by targeting the Barnsley game.

I agree we are targeting the game for our existing players.
    Planning to get the likes of Taylor, Williams, Cullen, JFC, Field, fit to start if possible.
    I think that has to be the correct strategy.

But I don't believe we are specifically targeting the Barnsley game in terms of our transfer policy.
    What I mean by that is I don't think we have deliberately not signed any players for 2 weeks, because we're happy to play an under strength team this week.