Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket .. England in South Africa & Sri Lanka 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    "Root is tactically unable to do the thing he's just done". 
  • Options
    So Burns is another victim of the football epidemic sweeping cricket - taken out by Joe Root and now ruled out of the rest of the series. 

So, will they push Denly up to open with Pope at 3 and Bairstow keeping his place at 6 or give Crawley the opportunity to do so? 
  • Options
    Should be Crawley for me.
  • Options
    I heard burns is out for the tour. Not the first time football has caused injuries. It needs to stop.
  • Options
    I read On twitter  pope and Buttler squared up to each other the other day as Buttler went in too hard.
  • Options
    I heard burns is out for the tour. Not the first time football has caused injuries. It needs to stop.
    Burns is defo out for the rest of the tour .. the coach and captain need to get a grip on this arrogant overhyped lot and get them practising CRICKET (what they are paid for) and not larking about on follies of their own
  • Options
    The bad news is Rory Burns is out of the tour of South Africa after playing football but the good news, he impressed enough to be given a short term contract till the end of season at Cafc.
  • Options
    The bad news is Rory Burns is out of the tour of South Africa after playing football but the good news, he impressed enough to be given a short term contract till the end of season at Cafc.
    injured or not .. we'll take ANYBODY
  • Options
    Root is a shit captain and now he's kicked our only opening batsman that's any good out of the series. 
    Wanker 
  • Options
    I read On twitter  pope and Buttler squared up to each other the other day as Buttler went in too hard.
    coulda been a lot worse .. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/16-dead-in-prison-fight-over-football-game/ar-BBYwAXF?ocid=spartandhp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All it means is Bairstow will get yet another opportunity 
  • Options
    All it means is Bairstow will get yet another opportunity 
    Not if they bring Pope and Crawley in.

On second thoughts you're probably right!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    NZ have already been smashed by the Aussies in the previous two games and for the 3rd Test they are missing Williamson, Boult, Southee, Santner and Nicholls. And de Grandhomme, bowling at 75mph, is opening the bowling.

Don't fancy their chances much!

• Options
    edited January 2020

Apparently (from the Daily Mail) it was Parkinson on Pope. And this was before the Burns incident

Ollie Pope was angered by a full-blooded challenge by Matt Parkinson in the team’s pre-training game of football.
    Lancashire’s Parkinson went flying in and cut Pope’s ankle with a tackle that initially angered the Surrey batsman and led to a sharp exchange of words between the pair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-7843703/Matt-Parkinsons-tackle-teams-pre-training-game-football-leaves-Ollie-Pope-fuming.html

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I have no words. Its one thing to tread on a cricket ball just before a Test match ala Glenn McGrath but its another to be playing a contact sport (which is not even your professional one) a day or so beforehand.

• Options
    England in South Africa: Rory Burns out of tour with football injury
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50973920
  • Options

He’s not been touched in that footage ? 
    Am I missing something , he just pulls up after a lovely bit of control and turn then a simple pass , there is no contact , really innocuous 

• Options
    England win the toss and bat

Crawley, Pope and Bess in for Burns, Bairstow and Archer

• Options
    It's ridiculous to be playing any contact sport.
    If playing football is good for morale and overall fitness then do so, but non contact.

Having said that, Root barely touched Burns and certainly made no contact with his left ankle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He’s not been touched in that footage ? 
    Am I missing something , he just pulls up after a lovely bit of control and turn then a simple pass , there is no contact , really innocuous 

Played for Charlton as a youngster  ;)
  • Options
    Root out for 35 (and not a red card for a bad tackle either)
  • Options
    Denly out LBW and a review lost.

Time for him to prove to himself and everyone else that he can take his innings to the next level. You don't hit double figures in 14/16 innings against the bowling attacks of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa (average 33 and five 50s) without having something about you.
    Same again for Denly today but, in the land of the blind, he is almost King!
  • Options
    Denly out LBW and a review lost.

Time for him to prove to himself and everyone else that he can take his innings to the next level. You don't hit double figures in 14/16 innings against the bowling attacks of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa (average 33 and five 50s) without having something about you.
    Same again for Denly today but, in the land of the blind, he is almost King!
    A less flairy player, but there's a touch of the Ramprakash (or Vince) about his England batting, in that he consistently gets in but doesn't go on to the big innings.
  • Options
    England seem to find ways to get themselves out. Stokes going along nicely & then chips one to mid-off.

I reckon we'll be at least 8 down by the close tonight.......with only around 260 on the board.
  • Options
    England seem to find ways to get themselves out. Stokes going along nicely & then chips one to mid-off.

I reckon we'll be at least 8 down by the close tonight.......with only around 260 on the board.
    New ball will skittle them, once again.
  • Options

You called it Golfie
  • Options
    If Root keeps the captaincy after this it’s a joke. One of the most broken England test sides I’ve ever seen.
  • Options
    Reckon we will be trailing by 150 on 1st innings......if not more. 

Over inside 4 days (again). 

Useless.
  • Options
    When 6 of the top 7 batsmen all get off to a decent start for none of them to make a 50 really is quite pathetic.