Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket .. England in South Africa & Sri Lanka 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    England set 376 to win.

22-0 after 4 overs.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50925166

Bairstow over Prior?!

I'd also have gone Trott over Bell. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50925166

Bairstow over Prior?!

I'd also have gone Trott over Bell. 
    The teams were chosen only on their performance in the last ten years, so runs, wickets and dismissals before 2010 were discounted.  So, on that basis, Bairstow and Bell were the "right" picks, even though Trott and Prior probably had better careers overall. 
  • Options
    Even then I'd still have chosen Prior!

• Options
    I'd prefer Trott over Bell as we have plenty of stroke makers in that side. The second opener is the real weak link in that side, Strauss in the 2010s was on the decline yet still was the best option!
  • Options
    Definitely Prior over Bairstow, he had a great 2011 from memory. 
  • Options
    Horrible dismissal for Sibley there. Had fought nicely. Appears to have a spin weakness?
  • Options
    A great start but 92-1, Sibley falls to the spinner
  • Options
    121-1 at close, a much better performance than expected
  • Options
    Tomorrow is potentially going to be a cracking day - 255 to win with 9 wickets in hand.

Planned Sky safari has now been cancelled!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    121-1 at close, a much better performance than expected
    this .. strange pitch has got easier when it was expected to get more difficult, although the spinner will certainly get some more joy as the match progresses
  • Options
    Can Stokes do it again?
  • Options
    Can Stokes do it again?
    Not necessary, Burns and Denly will do it. Stokes can put his feet up on this occasion; he’s earnt it for 2019. 
  • Options
    Burns batted very well but then, unfortunately, gave it up.

Currently 157-2 and requiring another 219
  • Options
    Denly out LBW and a review lost.

Time for him to prove to himself and everyone else that he can take his innings to the next level. You don't hit double figures in 14/16 innings against the bowling attacks of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa (average 33 and five 50s) without having something about you.
  • Options
    Just 50 runs scored in the first session- and two wickets lost. At this rate either we will be all out today or the Sky boys will have to cancel tomorrow's planned safari too!

205 runs to win with 7 wickets in hand. Root and Stokes at the crease
  • Options
    Since the start of the ashes Burns is England's highest run scorer. Quite incredible given he opens the batting!!
  • Options
    Maharaj goes for 13 in his first over after lunch. 
  • Options
    Since the start of the ashes Burns is England's highest run scorer. Quite incredible given he opens the batting!!
    Agreed - though to be fair to Stuart Broad Burns does bat 9 places above him
  • Options
    Stokes out trying to cut/run down a ball that was too close to him to do so off Maharaj

172 needed with 6 wickets in hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bairstow is not good enough to play test cricket 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    222-5

154 required
  • Options
    That shot from Bairstow has actually made me very angry. 

Not sure I have ever seen a worse shot for a situation (probably a slight overreaction).

Spent 5 mins swearing at my tv.
  • Options
    Double nelson struck 

england need a miracle 

• Options
    edited December 2019
    That shot from Bairstow has actually made me very angry. 

Not sure I have ever seen a worse shot for a situation (probably a slight overreaction).

Spent 5 mins swearing at my tv.
    Good job it was only verbals otherwise a new TV is expensive, mind you you can get some good deals this time of year 😉.
  • Options
    Root gone for 48. 232-6
  • Options
    Butler going into 1-day mode. A 4 & then a 6 in consecutive balls. Dont think this will last long.
  • Options
    Now Curran gets onto the act. Once these 2 are out then the end won't be too long coming.
  • Options
    Didnt think it would be that soon though.....