Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many Takeaways Do You Have A Week?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Possibly something or other once a year if desperate.
    Takeaways don't tend to cater for the vegetarian inclined.
    I doubt I'd trust the ones who say they do, especially Chinese takeaways that think fish is vegetarian, or the pizza places that don't separate out the meat/fish practices, or the frying places that cook everything in the same oil or on the same griddle.
    A takeaway for me is most likely to be a sandwich where the ingredients are listed in fine detail.

• Options
    Fish on Friday for me, lucky to have a very good chippy in this area. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Possibly something or other once a year if desperate.
    Takeaways don't tend to cater for the vegetarian inclined.
    I doubt I'd trust the ones who say they do, especially Chinese takeaways that think fish is vegetarian, or the pizza places that don't separate out the meat/fish practices, or the frying places that cook everything in the same oil or on the same griddle.
    A takeaway for me is most likely to be a sandwich where the ingredients are listed in fine detail.

quite a few dedicated veggie/vegan places now on some of the apps, depending on where you live
  • Options
    Once every 3-4 weeks on average, usually Indian, Chinese or fish & chips. Never used uber eats, just eat or any of those type of services as our local Indian delivers and I'll go and get Chinese or chip takeaways. 
    I know, I know, It's serious........
  • Options
    Belter of a Chippy that we use.......Bromley Hill Fish Bar.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Been living in Gravesend since September, only had one, what I would call takeaway (ie delivered) but had a couple of kebabs, pizza and fish & chips that I’ve picked up on way home from work late after seeing my son on a Wednesday night when I really couldn’t be arsed to cook.
    when I was with the ex it was probably 1-2 weekly, and I’m sure those that know me off of here and are on my Facebook will agree I’ve lost a lot of weight. 

As a Gravesend bred-win

I can say I highly rate "pizza2night" on just eat.

It's just some easy casual mix of typical "I'm knackered but hungry" food.

The food itself is 6/10 but it does the job and they deliver quickly.

I get 2 a month on average at the moment.

• Options
    Since Covid 19 think we have had a takeaway every Saturday bar 2-3. 

Not really been doing anything else so it is our little treat each week as not doing much else or spending much money.

Don't think we are alone as I did see Takeaways have been doing very well since March with Dominos taking on 500 extra stuff. 
    Increased the menu in a big way then mate.

I must have a look.
  • Options
    Belter of a Chippy that we use.......Bromley Hill Fish Bar.
    Is this the one next to the old Garden Gate boozer?   I used to use this when I lived in Bellingham as a kid, f****** delicious.
  • Options
    averaging 1 a week at the moment, usually Saturday night whilst watching shite / family TV

anyone else read this thread title as 'How Many Takeovers Do You Have A Week'

• Options
    4 times a week at the moment. 

Ashamed of myself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably about once a month for me. There are some great Nepalese restaurants around Folkestone that knock the spots off the 'Indians' I was used to in London.
  • Options
    hardly ever the last 6 months
    might be treating ourselves tonight tho
    now, what's it to be..? indian, thai, kebab, chicken??? so many to choose from
    whatever I'm told we're having we choose, it'll be washed down with 🍾