Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many Takeaways Do You Have A Week?

Comments

• Options
    Usually about two or three a month

Have had a few more than usual since the start of October as my kitchen is being replaced (only had room to cook and serve on top of the washing machine)

Thankfully the new one is going in today so can eat a bit more healthy going forward, not to mention save some money!!
  • Options
    Once every 3 months or so, we meal prep a lot in our house as I work evenings and the wife works 9-5 in an office, so we need food that can be cooked easily and divvied out into Tupperware etc and doesn't taste terrible reheated. However buying coffees and sandwiches etc. is common practice
  • Options
    Before my daughter was born in April, we'd happily eat out 2-3 times a week.
    We'd only maybe get a takeaway delivered to home once a month, one every three weeks and its usually pizza with the occasional curry.

Since daughter was born, we'd been eating out once a week although now she's in a routine of being in bed at 7:30pm, we tend to go out for lunch now at weekends or when we're working from home.  Still only the occasional takeaway.
  • Options
    2-3 a month, cost depends on what it is. Tend to go just chips and curry sauce from the chippy because of cost but will splash out on an Indian now and then. I mainly cook from scratch and rarely eat anything out because of cost. 
  • Options
    Typically once a week but tend to use them when my girls have friends around/staying as they can get what they want and we don't have to do more cooking. Usually the excellent Charlton Takeaway (Indian) in Wellington Gardens or the rapid Dragon & Phoenix (Chinese) opposite the station. The bloke from the Dragon & Phoenix can be at ours with fifteen minutes or placing a large order! Less frequently a delivery from Dominos in East Greenwich but even though I like the odd pizza, I always end up wondering how I can spend £35 on pizza base and toppings.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    About 4-5 times a week.

We'll order breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and usually dinner, too. Will also order lunch one day during the week.

But we live in Hong Kong, and it's probably more normal here. I would love to cook more but I hate Hong Kong supermarkets. 
    It's a lot more normal in Dubai too. Food delivery guys whizzing about on mopeds is a fairly common sight and outside my work building at lunchtime you will often see 10-15 mopeds parked up. 

For me personally i'd say it's also around 4-5 times a week. If the Mrs is here then she'll cook but she travels a lot for work and i often cannot be bothered to just cook for myself. Takeaways here though don't necessarily mean it's pizza/indian/chinese etc, there are plenty of healthy options too. 

I'd also say that at least 4-5 people in my office currently pay for a food plan, where they get ALL MEALS delivered. Breakfast and lunch to the office and dinner to their homes. 
    I bet they get their ironing delivered as well.

How lazy are these people?
    Nothing wrong with getting your ironing picked up and dropped back nicely pressed, that is why I voted Tory  ;)

Don't mention the cleaners, it only starts people off  :)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    A week???? I can count them on one hand in a year and they'll be fish and chips. It's a generation thing I suppose.
    A nice piece of cod with salt n vinegar freshly out of the bin near Bromley Wetherspoons.

• Options
    Blucher said:
    Usually once a week and almost always on Fridays. We have an excellent Chinese Szechuan takeaway nearby (crispy aromatic duck, seaweed, deep fried chilli shredded beef etc) and they delivery after a couple of cleansing ales down the local. 
    How do these people still get away with calling it 'seaweed' when it is nothing more than cabbage.
  • Options
    A curry or pizza once or twice a month.

Usually regretted because it’s not cheap and/or I get indigestion.
  • Options
    0.25 or 0.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once a week for me.

Currently in vienna and popped into McDonalds for a piss and noticed they do table service. How fcking lazy some people are now days.
  • Options
    Can't find a single Chinese/Indian takeaway in the Dartford area that I can get on with since I moved here. Takeaway intake has gone down big time so probably a good thing. 
  • Options
    Once a week for me.

Currently in vienna and popped into McDonalds for a piss and noticed they do table service. How fcking lazy some people are now days.
    they do table service at the 24hr Maccy D's on Commercial Road, round the corner from the Royal London.  Never any room at the counter to wait with the ticket number because it is full of uber eat drivers!
  • Options
    Tenner a week, usually when I'v had an "extra" pint in the pub and it's too late to bother cooking...
  • Options
    Gotta have a crafty Chinese at least once a week. 

• Options
    Redskin said:
    Blucher said:
    Usually once a week and almost always on Fridays. We have an excellent Chinese Szechuan takeaway nearby (crispy aromatic duck, seaweed, deep fried chilli shredded beef etc) and they delivery after a couple of cleansing ales down the local. 
    How do these people still get away with calling it 'seaweed' when it is nothing more than cabbage.
    Oh god. Takeaway trolling.
  • Options
    Most Fridays me and the wife have a takeaway curry.  

Are we the only ones that would have a bottle of white wine with it? 
  • Options
    I can think of better ways of spending £150 per month.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Most Fridays me and the wife have a takeaway curry.  

Are we the only ones that would have a bottle of white wine with it? 
    No, the bloke out of Down in the Tube Station at Midnight does the same.
  • Options
    Once a week for me.

That's prerry standard here in the UK now too, certainly in the newer ones. I kinda understand it if you've taken 8 kids out for a hally meal, but agree anything else is just lazy AF. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very prominent poster here can vouch for the Wetherspoons order by phone service being very poor.
  • Options
    A pedicure? 
  • Options
    A pedicure? 
    You'd find that would be for one foot.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    And I’ve heard your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard :-)
  • Options
    And I’ve heard your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard :-)
    At least you’ve (slightly) updated the music you are listening to! 
  • Options
    Been living in Gravesend since September, only had one, what I would call takeaway (ie delivered) but had a couple of kebabs, pizza and fish & chips that I’ve picked up on way home from work late after seeing my son on a Wednesday night when I really couldn’t be arsed to cook.
    when I was with the ex it was probably 1-2 weekly, and I’m sure those that know me off of here and are on my Facebook will agree I’ve lost a lot of weight. 
  • Options
    I'm going to try a takeaway from the pie and mash shop in Blackfen for lunch today. @ValleyGary thought I'd make you aware as I know you like to hear about people eating it ;)

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Since Covid 19 think we have had a takeaway every Saturday bar 2-3. 

Not really been doing anything else so it is our little treat each week as not doing much else or spending much money.

Don't think we are alone as I did see Takeaways have been doing very well since March with Dominos taking on 500 extra staff. 
  • Options
    Once every 3-4 weeks on average, usually Indian, Chinese or fish & chips. Never used uber eats, just eat or any of those type of services as our local Indian delivers and I'll go and get Chinese or chip takeaways.