Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many Takeaways Do You Have A Week?

Comments

• Options
    Once a fortnight, usually Indian or Nando's (not my preference). 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hardly ever but an advert for KFC Popped up slap bang in the middle of his thread and now thinking of a 3 piece and chips because I haven’t had it for so long.
  • Options
    Once a month
  • Options
    Usually once a week and almost always on Fridays. We have an excellent Chinese Szechuan takeaway nearby (crispy aromatic duck, seaweed, deep fried chilli shredded beef etc) and they delivery after a couple of cleansing ales down the local. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    3-4 a month 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    A week???? I can count them on one hand in a year and they'll be fish and chips. It's a generation thing I suppose.
  • Options
    always friday, sometimes saturday - i live very close to sidcup high street and within 2 minutes of probably every takeaway type there is  
  • Options
    Once every couple of years or so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Less than once a month, the odd chicken sheesh kebab.....
  • Options
    To many at moment
    Probaby average about 4 a week mainly kebabs and Chinese but did have KFC tonight and will have something tomorrow on way to valley somewhere posh as misses is coming with us!!
    Will sat as  well as working long shift 
    Think it will be 6 or 7 in a row nearly as many as games charlton have gone since winning
    Idea maybe wont cook again untill charlton win??
    Do anyone deliver on christmas day??
  • Options
    Once a week, generally a chinese on a Saturday night, depending which kids are home £25-£35.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Fish and chips maybe once every couple of months and the very occasional ruby. That's about it.

Nobody delivers to where we live!
    You should send the Butler out to pick it up for you. 
    Why send the butler out for a take away when you have a private live in Chef  :D
  • Options
    Varies quite a lot. Prob on average it’s 1-2 a month.

• Options
    None.
  • Options
    Sorry, I thought the thread title read, how many takeovers do you buy each week!
  • Options
    About 10 years ago was the last time, I reckon
  • Options
    McDonald’s breakfast every Saturday morning for me, it’s almost a ritual.

Other than that, the occasional dominos and that’s it.
  • Options
    Probably once a month if that, although as we both work long hours and often get in after 8 we may grab a bag of chips if we’ve got nothing quick to cook/heat up.

Grew up with take-aways being just Xmas eve Chinese. Parents didn’t have the money to ‘waste’ and liked us to be healthy.

I think the less you have them the more special they are when you do.

Some people must spend a bomb on them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once a week treat but am getting increasingly more disappointed with the quality of the local Chinese/Indians.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    About 4-5 times a week.

We'll order breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and usually dinner, too. Will also order lunch one day during the week.

But we live in Hong Kong, and it's probably more normal here. I would love to cook more but I hate Hong Kong supermarkets. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    About 4-5 times a week.

We'll order breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and usually dinner, too. Will also order lunch one day during the week.

But we live in Hong Kong, and it's probably more normal here. I would love to cook more but I hate Hong Kong supermarkets. 
    It's a lot more normal in Dubai too. Food delivery guys whizzing about on mopeds is a fairly common sight and outside my work building at lunchtime you will often see 10-15 mopeds parked up. 

For me personally i'd say it's also around 4-5 times a week. If the Mrs is here then she'll cook but she travels a lot for work and i often cannot be bothered to just cook for myself. Takeaways here though don't necessarily mean it's pizza/indian/chinese etc, there are plenty of healthy options too. 

I'd also say that at least 4-5 people in my office currently pay for a food plan, where they get ALL MEALS delivered. Breakfast and lunch to the office and dinner to their homes. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    About 4-5 times a week.

I'd also say that at least 4-5 people in my office currently pay for a food plan, where they get ALL MEALS delivered. Breakfast and lunch to the office and dinner to their homes. 
    My retired father in law lives in Mumbai and has all 3 meals a day delivered.
  • Options
    About once a month on average , never a set pattern.
  • Options
    A couple of times a month right now - but this tends to go up in the summer as we tend at the weekend to be at some far flung cricket ground 'til late so it's easier to pick up something on the way home!
  • Options
    Me and the Mrs can both cook up a decent meal and prefer to do it ourselves so we might get one or two takeaways a month usually a curry or a Cantonese. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    A week???? I can count them on one hand in a year and they'll be fish and chips. It's a generation thing I suppose.
    A nice piece of cod with salt n vinegar.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    About 4-5 times a week.

It's a lot more normal in Dubai too. Food delivery guys whizzing about on mopeds is a fairly common sight and outside my work building at lunchtime you will often see 10-15 mopeds parked up. 

For me personally i'd say it's also around 4-5 times a week. If the Mrs is here then she'll cook but she travels a lot for work and i often cannot be bothered to just cook for myself. Takeaways here though don't necessarily mean it's pizza/indian/chinese etc, there are plenty of healthy options too. 

I bet they get their ironing delivered as well.

How lazy are these people?
  • Options
    1 or 2 a week, generally Fish and Chips on a Friday and then either Indian or Chinese on a Saturday. After a long week of graft it's nice to not have to cook on the weekend.