Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough v Charlton | Sat 07 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Wendies 0-1 Brentford
    Luton 0- 1 Wigan
    Fulham 0-1 B/City
    Reading 0-1 Brum
  • Posted at45'

Hand ball by Adedeji Oshilaja (Charlton Athletic).

• edited December 2019
    Player ratings will be interesting if we carry on like this? 
  • 45+1 Two minutes added... #boro 1 #cafc 0
  • Reading 1-1 Brum
  • Posted at45'

Attempt missed. Djed Spence (Middlesbrough) left footed shot from the right side of the box misses to the left.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips is the only player impressing me today and showing any kind of urgency!! - No one else has turned up
  • 45'

Attempt missed. George Saville (Middlesbrough) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the left.

• Thank fuck its HT
  • The worst we have played this season by some distance..absolutely dreadful.  Not one shot on goal. Makes Karel Fraye look inspired. 
  • Sponsored links:

• HALF-TIME | Middlesbrough 1 Charlton 0 Some improvement needed after the break for the Addicks. #cafc

• edited December 2019
    HT thank dog. 
  • Has to be the worst half weve played all season. Christ that was awful
  • As poor as I have seen us in a long while
  • Too much possession today. 
  • GOOD GOD that was hard to watch.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips is the only player impressing me today and showing any kind of urgency!! - No one else has turned up
    Oshilaja has kept us in it.
  • Sarr on for Ledley, push Oshilaja into middle. Then Taylor on when we can. We need some creativity - we are losing the game so can't be risk averse.
  • Shockingly, embarrassingly awful. 

Have the new owners re-appointed Karel Fraeye? This reminds me so much of the infamous away cup defeat at Colchester.

On the bright side, we should be fresh for the second half as we've done bugger all running in the first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we should bring Sarr off.
  • Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oshilaja has kept us in it.
    This. 
  • Really really awful. I just don’t understood the team selection and formation. Playing doughty but not out wide??? Playing Ledley instead of Morgan when he hasn’t played for 18 months and clearly isn’t anywhere near match sharp. Playing a deep defensive line but trying to play out into a midfield 40 yards ahead of them? We can’t pick a single pass at the moment. Also the one-man press needs to get in the bin, press as a team or don’t fucking bother.
  • No shots AT ALL during the 1st half. That is criminal. Take Ledley off & bring on Morgan. 
  • edited December 2019

• Don't panic. We are a second half team.
  • That was miserable. Their 2 full backs are having a field day. Defensively we look like total strangers and midfield is non existent. Desperately need to change the formation. That can’t be far off the worst 45 mins of football we have played under Bowyer. 
  • Keep this shit up and we will be booking a b&b for bloody Accrington next season.
  • Missing Cullen big time. We now don't have anyone who can link defence into attack, so we are constantly stuck passing it around the back 4 like melons. 

It's not even hard for the opposition. They don't even need to press us hard, just have players push on our full backs and we will inevitable lose the ball. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!