Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The dullest football team ever ?

Comments

• Options
    more than a few other fans would say us I reckon
  • Options
    I’m not putting us on the list . End of 
  • Options
    Blackburn .... , Christ, even the name sounds boring.
  • Options
    Boro for me followed by hull and Barnsley....something about their geographical location that just evokes grey,dull and depressed along with the football 
  • Options
    Hull, Blackburn, Birmingham, Wigan, 'Boro, in that order.
  • Options
    Hull

They're the one team in the league I don't think I could name one single result for them so far, nowhere near the top of the table, not in the relegation zone, signed Josh Magennis, ground's always half empty and in a dull part of the country.
    If I remember rightly, I believe it was Hull City who once had an article in When Saturday Comes where the writer was describing something and said, "It must have been coming up to half time, because my brother had just finished The Times crossword".
  • Options
    Can't any of you guys spell Crystal Palace? A club that exists somewhere between the back end of beyond and the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    Reading and Hull would have to get the nod over Middlesbrough for me, based purely on the fact that Boro were half decent for a few seasons and had a great run to a UEFA Cup final.

In the lower leagues it has to be MK Dons. Utterly pointless club playing in a third full soulless bowl.
  • Options
    Boro is 100% the correct answer. Surprised Gillingham havent been mentioned. Terrible town, awful ground, always been useless. I mean, just what's the point? 
  • Options
    Boro and Tranmere. Hull can be added too. At least Boro have history.

Whenever I see our fixtures against them I think 1-1 if we're lucky and expect lumps to be kicked  and football negated. 

Don't get that Barnsley, Rotherham, Walsall or Mansfield are dull. Whenever I've seen them they've tried to play football. 

Palace aren't pointless - Surrey's top club with a rivalry with the top club from Sussex and home of the famous South Norwood Diving Academy. Play in a ludicrous clown costume of clashing colours and do a slapstick routine every time they get near the area. Hard to call someone dull when there's so many reasons to hate them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Regarding MK Dons - it’s certainly a dull place to visit and watch a game of football, but I wouldn’t say they are a boring/pointless club like some others on this list.

Whether it’s a good or bad reason, MK Dons are still quite a ‘unique’ club due to their backstory - the only one in the league of their type that exist that I’m aware of.

Most fans can tell you something about them because of their controversy and have some sort of emotional reaction to them (albeit negative).

There are plenty more bland, non-descript clubs.
  • Options
    Everton are the John Major of football.
  • Options
    Wrexham fits in somewhere I reckon.
  • Options
    Have you never watched a Bootlegger vlog?? He's a tad bit mad, but one of the funniest football vloggers alive. If anything makes Wrexham exciting, it's him
  • Options
    Boro and Port Vale for me , go there once and you don't rush back. Boro have always had poor support compared to the other NE clubs. They should close off some of their ground as broadcasters don't want to see a sea of empty seats.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Everton are the John Major of football.

Certainly the right colour.
  • Options
    Brentford and Watford deserve a vote.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe 
  • Options
    Blackburn, what's the point?
  • Options
    Latest Standings

Boro   14
    Hull City 7
    Reading  6
    Blackburn 5
    Everton 4
    Wigan 4
    MK Dons 4
    Watford 3
    Bolton 3
    Arsenal 2
    Rotherham  2
    Ipswich 2
    Rochdale 2
    Southampton 2
    Aston Villa 2
    Rochdale 2
    Stoke 2
    Tranmere 3
    Birmingham 2
    Huddersfield
    Brentford 2
    Norwich 2
    Port Vale 2
    Coventry 2
    Fulham
    Colchester
    Oldham
    Brighton
    Derby
    Grimsby
    Accrington Stanley 
    Oxford
    Mansfield 
    Northampton 
    Preston
    West Brom 
    Burnley 
    Grimsby
    Millwall
    Forest Green
    Yeovil
    Dagenham & Redbridge 
    Crawley
    Cambridge United
    Barnsley
    Crystal Palace
    Gillingham
    Wrexham
    Scunthorpe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw Charlton draw 6-6 with Boro, Brian Clough played for them, that game was anything but boring
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Have you never watched a Bootlegger vlog?? He's a tad bit mad, but one of the funniest football vloggers alive. If anything makes Wrexham exciting, it's him
    Scary eyes.

He's either very funny or barking.
  • Options
    I saw Charlton draw 6-6 with Boro, Brian Clough played for them, that game was anything but boring
    Hat trick for Cloughie wasn't it? Did Charlton come back from 4.6 down? I remember reading about our late equaliser and a load of young fans ran onto the pitch in celebration 
  • Options
    Gillingham

• Options
    Barnsley in the '90s.  Some awful 0-0 draws at The Valley.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Hat trick for Cloughie wasn't it? Did Charlton come back from 4.6 down? I remember reading about our late equaliser and a load of young fans ran onto the pitch in celebration 

Yes Dennis Edwards scored a hat trick for us, and Brian Clough for them 4-4 at half time and we scored in the last minute, Johnny Summers to make it 6-6
  • Options
    Luton
  • Options
    Wimbledon definitely worth a shout 
  • Options
    This Saturday we are playing Middlesbrough - In my opinion the dullest professional football team in history of British football . If they were on TV i'd never watch them and it's teams ( despite a spell in the 90's when they went johnny Foreigner mad) are always so uninspiring. 

This.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    This Saturday we are playing Middlesbrough - In my opinion the dullest professional football team in history of British football . If they were on TV i'd never watch them and it's teams ( despite a spell in the 90's when they went johnny Foreigner mad) are always so uninspiring. 

This.
    Charlton.