Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The dullest football team ever ?

Comments

• Options
    Reading

Dull club in a dull town. Contrived nickname too
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Stoke.
  • Options
    Tranmere for me... So many boring draws with them, never want to share a League with them ever again!!
  • Options
    Okay, Stoke. I’ll stick up for them with Delap long throw and the fact they always best Arsenal. Plus their fans make a noise.

Still waiting for someone to beat Reading. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    West Brom. 

Such a non-descript club that spent a load of time in the Premier League, but apart from those who took joy out of them staying up in the Great Escape season - there is nothing memorable about them

I went to the away game there in October, and genuinely can’t tell you much about the fan base, surrounding area or stadium. 

Others on my list are Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton
  • Options
    Hate to say it, if you were to ask a few general football fans, I reckon we might score quite highly on that list.

I'm too young to remember the Clough years, so I will say Derby County.
    I think we would score very highly on that list. We haven't been to a cup semi final since 1947. Our Prem years brought little for the neutral to enjoy. Never made Europe either. I love us though.

Anyway, Coventry get my vote for the dullest. I'm sure until very recently  they'd just gone about 40 years without finishing in the top 10 of any division. 
  • Options
    We may have been on that list a few years ago but I think the protests, news around the ownership and the ‘limbs’ videos from Wembley have probably given us a glimmer of a profile compared to some other bland clubs on the list 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I certainly think we arent popular but getting our ground back, 98 play off, curbs, Darren Bent, model club, youth players, protests, Wembley celebrations, excuse us.

There are a lot worse.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Latest Standings 

Boro   7
    Reading  5
    Everton 3
    Wigan 3
    Arsenal 2
    Rotherham  2
    Hull City 2
    Ipswich 2
    Rochdale 2
    Southampton 2
    Watford 2
    Aston Villa 2
    Rochdale 2
    Stoke 2
    Tranmere 2
    Blackburn 2
    Bolton 2
    Birmingham
    Huddersfield
    Fulham
    Colchester
    Oldham
    Brighton
    Derby
    Brentford
    Grimsby
    Accrington Stanley 
    Norwich 
    Oxford
    Mansfield 
    Northampton 
    Preston
    Port Vale
    Coventry
    West Brom 
    Burnley 
    MK Dons 
    Grimsby

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Boro the team we played on Monday Night Football once and neither team had a shot on goal?
  • Options
    Middlesbrough. A few years of Juninho can’t eradicate a century of boredom,  Be careful they’ll pin this thread on the changing room wall to motivate the dullards on Saturday 
  • Options
    Hull

They're the one team in the league I don't think I could name one single result for them so far, nowhere near the top of the table, not in the relegation zone, signed Josh Magennis, ground's always half empty and in a dull part of the country.
  • Options
    I don’t get the Villa stick. Always think Villa Park sounds loud on tv and they’ve had some decent players over the years. Much better than Birmingham imo.
    I grew up in the midlands and Villa are a much bigger club than Birmingham. European Cup winners too. Most of the Villa fans I know are alright. Blues fans are nearly all knob-heads, though.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Is Boro the team we played on Monday Night Football once and neither team had a shot on goal?
    There was definitely one where we didn't have a shot all night - Schwarzer was was wearing an all white goalie kit and he looked like walking advert for Daz washing powder at full time. Was embarrassing.
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley. Sole claim to fame came in a Hovis advert - all about them being nobodies. 
    Wasn't that a milk advert?
    Exactly.
  • Options
    Take away the reputation of the fans and you have Millwall (certainly since the turn of the century). Never exactly been imaginative in the game, nor had any particular innovators.

I suppose their fanbase was bored so senseless large swathes were drawn to violence, in order to make it all a bit more exciting.
  • Options
    proper guff , pony away numbers generally , generic copy everyone else songs , dull as ditchwater 
    but is that us or boro 
  • Options
    I used to think that Middlesbrough was boring.  Then I found out that Steph McGovern comes from there ... yeah still boring :neutral:
  • Options
    MK Don's deserve a mention .
    The franchise deserve a league all their own in the irrelevant category. Wish they'd move to a smaller ground because stadium MK will always sound like a library. If they didn't beat Man U in the cup a few years ago, there would be nothing to talk about with them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    proper guff , pony away numbers generally , generic copy everyone else songs , dull as ditchwater 
    but is that us or boro 
    All true. In our defence though, our fans, stay at home and musically unoriginal as they may be, have fought as hard for their club’s future as any set of fans. We might not brawl in the street or get wound up in the stands, but you’d want us in the trenches with you. 
  • Options
    Bolton.

Under Sam Allardyce.

It was like you were watching another sport entirely.

Win ball - hoof ball into corner - win throw / set piece - lob ball into box from set piece. It was total trash.
  • Options
    MK Dons
    Forest Green Rovers
    Yeovil
    Dagenham and Redbridge
    Crawley
  • Options
    Those of you saying Ipswich must be youngsters, they were a cracking side back in the day
    Should have won the title in '81.
  • Options
    Cambridge Utd always seemed to be a boring 0-0 
  • Options
    MK Dons
  • Options
    Norwich to add but agree Boro
  • Options
    what’s wrong with you all 

Coventry is the only answer 
  • Options
    what’s wrong with you all 

Coventry is the only answer 
    Ahh but beating spurs in the FA cup final was brilliant
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley. Sole claim to fame came in a Hovis advert - all about them being nobodies. 
    Wasn't that a milk advert?
    Exacccctly