Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The dullest football team ever ?

Comments

• Options
    Wigan by a mile

Have always been dull as dishwasher

Boro I can see but they did have that few years with the players VG mentioned, didnt they play Chesterfield or someone in a fa cup semi and how they beat them that day I dont know.
    Woah there!
    Are you on about the Wigan that have beaten Millwall twice at Wembley and also knocked them out of a play off semi?
  • Options
    Everton, apart from a couple of years in the mid eighties.
  • Options
    90's Arsenal
  • Options
    Grimsby
  • Options
    The team definitely needs to sign BORE-jan Kircic and Jimmy Dull-ard
  • Options
    Boro   5
    Reading  4
    Everton 3
    Arsenal 2
    Rotherham  2
    Hull City 2
    Wigan 2
    Southampton 2
    Watford 2
    Birmingham
    Huddersfield
    Fulham
    Colchester
    Blackburn
    Oldham
    Aston Villa
    Brighton
    Rochdale
    Tranmere
    Derby
    Brentford
    Grimsby
  • Options
    The team definitely needs to sign BORE-jan Kircic and Jimmy Dull-ard
    And Michael Gray
  • Options
    Bolton for me
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Brentford. Never done anything.
    Not having that, one of the most dynamic and exciting teams in the country, IMO of course.
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley. Sole claim to fame came in a Hovis advert - all about them being nobodies. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Accrington Stanley. Sole claim to fame came in a Hovis advert - all about them being nobodies. 
    Wasn't that a milk advert?
  • Options
    Middlesborough - The ground which is always empty sums them up pretty well. I will always wind through their game when their highlights come on. 

Wigan a close second. Their old ground was desolate, their new ground is as dull as Boro's but they accentuate the shitness of it by putting advertising on the front 10 rows, so it looks like it's even more empty than it actually is. Coming second in shitty town to a rugby league team doesn't help.

Surprised by the number of Everton votes - I always enjoyed going there - an interesting ground with a bit of history and benefiting from not being Liverpool.

I find the lack of hard consonants in "Rotherham" endearing and so would need to exclude them from the list as well.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Not having that, one of the most dynamic and exciting teams in the country, IMO of course.
    Only good thing about them was the pub on each corner, which they are now getting rid of. That, and they once cost me half a day's wages taking time off to interview for a job that subsequently went to the chairman's mate.

• Options
    Villa
  • Options
    Tranmere for me, I remember years ago they had a keeper that used to start wasting time early in the first half.
    Eric Nixon
  • Options
    Tranmere for me, I remember years ago they had a keeper that used to start wasting time early in the first half.
    Eric Nixon
    That’s the guy, dull as ditch water watching that team.
  • Options
    Rochdale and the town are a delight.
  • Options
    Surprised no ones mentioned Ipswich. Boro, Huddersfield and Hull are good shouts
  • Options
    during out spell in the premier league the dullest games were without fail against Boro, yet Sky kept choosing to televise them, that always baffled me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised no ones mentioned Ipswich. Boro, Huddersfield and Hull are good shouts
    Ipswich are a good call. And Norwich. 
  • Options
    Middlesbrough 
  • Options
    Oxford United. Mansfield Town. Northampton Town
  • Options
    Preston
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    rina said:
    during out spell in the premier league the dullest games were without fail against Boro, yet Sky kept choosing to televise them, that always baffled me
    Indeed  - 8 consecutive games against them in the PL produced just 5 goals with 4 of those matches scoreless 
  • Options
    Agree . Ipswich under Bobby Robson were a great watch . 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Only good thing about them was the pub on each corner, which they are now getting rid of. That, and they once cost me half a day's wages taking time off to interview for a job that subsequently went to the chairman's mate.

The away end terrace is pukka and yeah the pubs, last chance this season I think!
  • Options
    Surprised not to see a vote for Stoke. Just a totally nothing club. 
  • Options
    Port Vale. Not even a real place is it ?