Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's "new" job - How much do we spend in Jan?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Our main concern is to sort out the injuries - no.point having a large squad if all the best players are injured.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Don't really care if we go down this season now.

Might be better to start again from League 1 with our on players and do it properly? 
    Makes no sense at all. We (hopefully) have the money to hopefully stay in this league and really push on. 

Never heard a fan WANT to get relegated. 
    Yes what a waste of time and money Wembley was. I was gutted when BFG scored the winner.
    Not sure if a whoosh but that was very good, obviously....Id do it again to get into the Premiership maybe.

All I'm saying is why not kick on from here? Make sure we stay up, have a full pre season with some money to get targets that will help us with a promotion push. 

Dont think Bob was aiming the comment at you, King.
    Thanks, thought was the case but cant always tell!
    No I wasn't, of course - just me being my normal sarcastic self! 

I agree completely with your views and believe relegation has to be avoided at pretty much all costs. One step from the Prem results in a realistic objective, two and I'm not sure that's something our new owners would relish!
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Wondering how long before we need a new full-time right back. We lose a lot when Solly doesn't play, but obviously he's unable to play twice a week any more.
    Solly to me is now sadly a shadow of the player he was. Indeed it feels now that Solly only plays because Matthews can't do 3 games in a week, rather than vice versa
  • Options
    I think they’ll be looking to get in 2-3 players of championship quality and securing the likes of Taylor. Maybe a loan of two. 

Hopefully the real planning will be for the summer to build on what we have and give the play offs or better a real push next season.

the target this year still has to be safety long before the last few games!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    colthe3rd said:
    I'd disagree about throwing lots of cash around. I think the aim of this season is still survival, if we can utilise some more loans maybe bring in some short to medium term options and get everyone fit we should still be able to manage that. January is notorious for prices being inflated and even more so if a club knows we have/potentially have money add to that that any scouting plans will have to completely changed at short notice to go for more expensive targets, I'd rather go for targets we were likely targeting for Jan but with the added benefit that we're more likely to get them now.
    My thoughts exactly...LB will not want to start throwing big money around on players that are not his Charlton type players for the sake of it,our priority is  of survival this time around...after that who knows,but let’s enjoy the ride...😁