Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gremlins on the site

124»

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    can confirm on iOS it is now harder to tell which threads you have read 

Any solutions for this, mods?

It is a struggle to see what threads I've read and what one's I haven't on iOS.

I did some image manipulation on this to show what I'm referring to. Clearly my manipulation is terrible. But the 'drones at Gatwick' thread normally goes out of bold text once read. That's basically how I know which threads I've read.

Currently looks like this:

When I think it should look somewhat like this:

• @DoctorCharlton I don't do iOS so can't help on the technical side, but you don't need the font difference to be able to tell what's going on.
    • Blue/grey background - you've read all the posts in the thread, so no point opening it
    • White background
      • with yellow box saying "N new" - you've opened the thread before but there are N posts in it you've not read
      • without the yellow box - you've never opened the thread before so all posts are unread
  • LoOkOuT not sure if you've made any changes to the site but as of this afternoon I have full view of posts using safari with JavaScript switched on, it's nothing I've done as since you suggested it I've been using two browsers, I just gave safari another try (with JavaScript on) out of curiosity and bingo all up.
  • @Bournesnr ha ha mate, glad it’s worked out, but I can’t claim credit. Just one of those things I guess. Gremlins is right!
  • edited March 2021
    Talking of Gremlins on the site, It'd be a fantastic feature to be able to 'mute' certain posters comments for a time without affecting other posters. Is that something that Vanilla offer?
  • No what? Who were you replying to? 

(PS Thanks for that tip about muting some people)