Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gremlins on the site

Comments

• Using safari on my iPhone, profile pictures are not visible. Can only see a select few. 

Anybody else?
    Same. Also still doesn't jump to last new post sometimes. 
  • Losing a lot of profile pics and all of the embedded Tweets at the moment. It's a disgrace for the money we pay. 
  • I am still jumping to the end of threads instead of the last un-read post, drives me nuts.
  • Using safari on my iPhone, profile pictures are not visible. Can only see a select few. 

Anybody else?
    Yup

Anybody else?
    And me, Chrome with Android.
  • And me on Chrome on Mac. 
  • I’m on iOS safari, opening threads but they’re still bold in the main menu, as if I haven’t read them... anybody else? 
  • How are you getting back to the main menu? If you're just hitting the back button then that's fairly standard I think, but if you hit the Home link below the comment box it should refresh. If that still doesn't work then it may be a bug, but I'm afraid I can't troubleshoot that one as I don't have access to safari.
  • Thanks @aliwibble

I usually just swipe back but when I click home under the comment box... it also gives the same outcome sadly. 
  • edited November 2020
    Same here.

Text remains bold but the background of the box goes grey, just like it should do. Hard to work out what is read and what isn’t.

iOS here for me, and does it whether I swipe back, click home or whatever. Even if I close the tab and open a new tab they’re showing like it too.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's expected behaviour @Ross. New comments show with the number of new comments in a yellow box. Read threads have a grey background (same bold text) and no unread comment count or yellow highlight. Pop up a screenshot if you think I'm missing something.
  • @LoOkOuT

I know the box of the thread goes grey, but the title of the thread never remained bold in the past. See the screenshot below

• Still can't read posts unless I switch JavaScript off any thoughts?
  • @Bournesnr what browser and what device are you using?
  • @Ross that's slightly odd, as the display looks different to what I get on both PC and Android
    Threads I've never opened are lemon yellow (top one). Threads I've read a bit of are ecru :) with the new post count in bright yellow (middle one), and ones I've read competely are in grey. I've never really taken any notice as to whether the font was bold or not, as I always use the background colour as the cue not the font so I can't say whether it's changed. 
    @LoOkOuT are there different CSS settings for iOS as opposed to anything else, or is it that something we're using in our stylesheet isn't compatible with Safari for some reason, so it looks different to them?
  • @LoOkOuT @Bournesnr shall we take that back over to this thread (https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/4102412/#Comment_4102412) so we've got all the troubleshooting we've done in relation to it in one place?
  • No, what Ross has above is the mobile stylesheet (both iOS and Android). What you’ve posted is the desktop stylesheet. You may be overriding the mobile stylesheet if you’ve taken that screenshot on Android. 

Ross, that’s actually how it’s designed to look. We can’t change that without a whole new theme. One day!
  • Thanks @Ali, I see now. 
  • Well the screenshot was taken on my desktop, but it looks the same on my tablet (both in firefox and Chrome), and I'm not deliberately over-riding the stylesheet. Weird.
  • Ahh, tablet will show the desktop by default. Anything smaller will default to mobile.
  • Sponsored links:

• *laugh* Ah well, that'll explain why I can't replicate it then!
  • LoOkOuT said:
    No, what Ross has above is the mobile stylesheet (both iOS and Android). What you’ve posted is the desktop stylesheet. You may be overriding the mobile stylesheet if you’ve taken that screenshot on Android. 

Ross, that’s actually how it’s designed to look. We can’t change that without a whole new theme. One day!
    But the thread title when a thread was read never remained bold until the other day!
  • can confirm on iOS it is now harder to tell which threads you have read 
  • LoOkOuT I'm using safari on an apple ipad
  • @Bournesnr, can you try and download Firefox browser (or Chrome or any other of your choice) from the AppStore and see whether a different browser works?
  • LoOkOuT tried downloading Firefox and Chrome but they need iOS 11.4 Or later my iPad is a 4th gen and will not update beyond 10.3.3 Maybe I need a new iPad.
  • edited December 2020
    Bournesnr said:
    LoOkOuT tried downloading Firefox and Chrome but they need iOS 11.4 Or later my iPad is a 4th gen and will not update beyond 10.3.3 Maybe I need a new ipad
  • @Bournesnr I found the Ecosia browser supports as far back as iOS 9. Plus, every search leads to planting trees! Try that and see if you can prolong the iPad’s life a little longer. Maybe, if there’s a need and an option to Turn JavaScript off, you can do that and just browse CL in a browser just for it, and keep Safari for other sites (or vice versa).
  • Thanks LoOkOuT I have downloaded Ecosia and have the same results when trying to view CL, but as you say I can now leave JavaScript off on safari to browse CL and use Ecosia for other sites.
  • @Bournesnr Great news! It’s an odd issue, no doubt related to an old iOS version, but if I come up with any actual fix or info, I’ll let you know.