Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gremlins on the site

Comments

• Options
    addix said:
    At least it's not Comic Sans font.
    I like comic sans, doesnt have the ridiculous a
  • Options
    I got hacked whilst I was on here recently...bizzare seeing my cursor move around and click on adverts then it started to click into menus....hit the off button pretty quickly.....now use a VPN
  • Options
    the update button doesn't always work which is a pain when setting in players marks
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Not keen on the change where our own posts now show up as unread.  Of course I've read it, I wrote it. 
    yup, rather strange
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I am getting both notifications and e-mails all unwanted.  Not sure I've even commented on the subject matter. Anyone know how to turn them off?
  • Options
    I am getting both notifications and e-mails all unwanted.  Not sure I've even commented on the subject matter. Anyone know how to turn them off?
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87388/how-to-manage-email-pop-up-site-notifications
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I've somehow set my mobile to browse in private mode.  Dont say a word Dave Mehmet... .but it means no passwords are saved and i have to log in each time on here.  Its really irritating and for the life of me i cant find where to change my mobile settings.

Can anyone help me. 

• Options
    Is it an iPhone?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Click on overlapping squares bottom right then click on private bottom left. 
  • Options

Switch from mobile to full site then highlight all the stars on the right of threads (make sure they all turn yellow)
    What? Several hundred pages? Surely there is a simpler way?
  • Options
    Ignore him Sarrf.  You have accidentally pressed favourite on a thread.  So switch to full site if you are on the mobile and if one thread has a yellow star next to it then click it.  You will stop getting notifications.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Click on overlapping squares bottom right then click on private bottom left. 
    Thank you very much.  I wish i had asked this site two weeks ago.  Very simple.

• Options
    Thanks Curb It. I will add DaveMehmet to my list of special people deserving of my attention.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Ignore him Sarrf.  You have accidentally pressed favourite on a thread.  So switch to full site if you are on the mobile and if one thread has a yellow star next to it then click it.  You will stop getting notifications.

Booh, spoilsport
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    I've somehow set my mobile to browse in private mode.  Dont say a word Dave Mehmet... .but it means no passwords are saved and i have to log in each time on here.  Its really irritating and for the life of me i cant find where to change my mobile settings.

Can anyone help me. 

How did you set it to private mode in the first place? (asking for a friend)
  • Options
    Dont mind the font change. But I am still getting the odd thread sending me to the most recent post rather than the first post I haven't read when I click on it. 

Bit fraustrating. It's been happening on and off for a week or so. Happened just now with the 'memories of the takeover thread' thread.
    Still getting this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The site is not recognising when I have fully read a thread and still shows as "new" posts to read.
    I can only correct this by refreshing the page after I read a thread.
    Is it just me or others as well?
  • Options
    The site is not recognising when I have fully read a thread and still shows as "new" posts to read.
    I can only correct this by refreshing the page after I read a thread.
    Is it just me or others as well?
    It's been happening to me to.
  • Options
    I'm still having problems with a thread starting on the last page, even if I haven't read the previous pages. 
  • Options
    I'm still having problems with a thread starting on the last page, even if I haven't read the previous pages. 
    Yep I’m having the same probs
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    I am too!
  • Options
    Still happening on phone.
  • Options
    Same here when on my phone (Android), fine elsewhere
  • Options
    I keep getting signed out every time I go to a new thread. I don't have to sign back in, but can get back by just opening Charlton Life again.
  • Options
    Using safari on my iPhone, profile pictures are not visible. Can only see a select few. 

Anybody else?