Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest Fund - Closure Announcement (Final Report on Page 3)

Comments

• Options
    You raised just shy of 60k wow what a club!
    There was also a further £7k raised outside the protest fund from the protest shirts sales that was split equally between Charlton Riding school for the disabled and Demelza Hospice
    We reek of class 👏🏻
  • Options
    Thanks to you both @Davo55 & @Curb_it for your time given to the cause & ensuring we had a safe fund.   

I'm happy with  where ever you guys decide the money should go, it will be used in a good way I'm sure.  
  • Options
    Add my thanks to @Davo55 and @Curb_It for their hard work and all the time given to the cause. As there's over £4000 profit, could four causes get just over a grand each? The memorial garden, the Upbeats, the Museum and either Demelza or a cancer charity?
  • Options
    Even though I knew the protest fund had phenomenal support actually seeing the amount raised in black and white (excuse the pun) is amazing. Just confirms what we aready know about our supporters.  Roland certainly underestimated the Charlton family.
  • Options
    That's taken my breath away how much we raised. Well done to everyone especially Brend and Davo
  • Options
    Big thank you to Alan and Brenda (plus all the CARD, ROT, B20, WAR and others) who put in so much personal effort to help the cause of the early demise of RD. 

Seeing the accounts and the range of activities the monies were used for only goes to reinforce the view that much hard work was expended towards the end cause.

Thank you very much. 
  • Options
    Well done both of you for helping get my club back
    £60K is unbelievable
    Well done everybody 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Outstanding! 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Curb_It and @Davo55

many thanks for all you have done, overwhelming and very Charlton
  • Options
    @Curb_It and @Davo55

Heroic effort you should both be very proud.
  • Options
    That total shows what a magnificent bunch of supporters this club really has. 

In the hour of need, yet again the supporters railed around to help save Charlton Athletic. How many other clubs could achieve this and with previously the VIP scheme? How many other groups of supporters would have cared as much about their clubs to raise such funds?

Lets hope the new owners taps into all this love for the club from its supporters unlike Roland
  • Options
    Well done both of you for looking after the money.
    Everyone that gave money and took part in any protest or just done something to help Roland move on.

To think we could buy a couple of Ronnie Moores with what was raised.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    And one of Allan Simonsen's old socks lol 
  • Options
    £15k on beach balls and balloons?! Am I reading that right???
  • Options
    No you're not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No you're not

I certainly hope not, that's astronomical.

• Options
    When the fundraising was at it's pomp it was getting in about a thousand pounds a week.
  • Options
    Well done @Davo55 & @Curb_It , fantastic job. We could always make a donation to this 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50686585

• Options
    A few bob short of £60k raised ... Doffs cap to everyone. I bet the company that sold the projectiles is cursing this takeover 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Only two likes to recompense fans who have spent hundreds, in some cases £1ks travelling to Belgium to protest and make Roland as uncomfortable as possible; week after week after week in some cases.

Disappointing. 

CARD know who they are. They know what they did and what they achieved. They may not have agreed the tactics. They may not have liked the methods. But we all know what they achieved.

Not to make the gesture leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All well and good slapping backs etc, but debts have to be paid.

CARD did not even financially fully help R.O.T. Come on chaps. Play the game.

The money was given to fight for the cause. There is a moral duty to spend it in a manor that those giving intended it to be spent.
    Hundreds went to Belgium, myself included, all at personal expense. None more important than any others. Let's do the right thing and give what's left to charity rather than all claim three quid each.
    Sod that, I want my £3.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Only two likes to recompense fans who have spent hundreds, in some cases £1ks travelling to Belgium to protest and make Roland as uncomfortable as possible; week after week after week in some cases.

Disappointing. 

CARD know who they are. They know what they did and what they achieved. They may not have agreed the tactics. They may not have liked the methods. But we all know what they achieved.

Not to make the gesture leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All well and good slapping backs etc, but debts have to be paid.

CARD did not even financially fully help R.O.T. Come on chaps. Play the game.

The money was given to fight for the cause. There is a moral duty to spend it in a manor that those giving intended it to be spent.
    Hundreds went to Belgium, myself included, all at personal expense. None more important than any others. Let's do the right thing and give what's left to charity rather than all claim three quid each.
    Sod that, I want my £3.
    Send me your bank details and I’ll reimburse you 😂