Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest Fund - Closure Announcement (Final Report on Page 3)

Comments

• Options
    Come on mate. Leave it.

There was a process all along that was fair to everyone. Pitch ideas for protests and the fund would choose whether or not to fund it. 

If they didnt get approval or didnt ask for it then they went into it knowing full well that they were paying their own way. 
    At that time you were looking long term and were not to know how far the money would need to stretch so decisions were presumably made on that basis and what would be most effective?

I agree that that they did what they did with their eyes wide open, but it is all over now so maybe you have the opportunity to review those decisions and reconsider.

Surely that is the correct thing to do? The money was given in good faith for it to be spent on protest activities. How do you justify giving it away when fans are out of pocket?

I believe you have a duty to spend it for the purpose it was donated for, and I really don’t understand why you would not want to do that. 

I hear that that was a pitch that was agreed while they were with you, and then later withdrawn. Is that true? If so, what intervention changed that decision?

From the outside it sounds like personality clashes affected decisions, which often happen when you have committees, but a higher morality must override this.

So come on mate, please explain why you think that they should remain massively out of pocket?
  • Options
    My view  is the money should be spent on the club, maybe museum. I do not like the idea of charity and ask new owners to match it. Appears to me like we are already telling owners what to do.
    maybe just give to the club, it’s a small amount but a gesture that we are in this together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I withdraw. Happy for you to spend the remaining monies in anyway you feel appropriate.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Come on mate. Leave it.

There was a process all along that was fair to everyone. Pitch ideas for protests and the fund would choose whether or not to fund it. 

If they didnt get approval or didnt ask for it then they went into it knowing full well that they were paying their own way. 
    At that time you were looking long term and were not to know how far the money would need to stretch so decisions were presumably made on that basis and what would be most effective?

I agree that that they did what they did with their eyes wide open, but it is all over now so maybe you have the opportunity to review those decisions and reconsider.

Surely that is the correct thing to do? The money was given in good faith for it to be spent on protest activities. How do you justify giving it away when fans are out of pocket?

I believe you have a duty to spend it for the purpose it was donated for, and I really don’t understand why you would not want to do that. 

I hear that that was a pitch that was agreed while they were with you, and then later withdrawn. Is that true? If so, what intervention changed that decision?

From the outside it sounds like personality clashes affected decisions, which often happen when you have committees, but a higher morality must override this.

So come on mate, please explain why you think that they should remain massively out of pocket?
    How much money do you want ?
  • Options
    Thank you CARD. There is no doubt the efforts led to his departure.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Come on mate. Leave it.

How much money do you want ?
    Me? Not a penny. 
    Shocked at how much some spent and how little funded.
    That’s all. End of. Moving on now.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I reckon I've been forced to spend at least £400 at the Wilderen Brewery in St Truiden, but it's a sacrifice that doesn't need to be acknowledged.
    It was a huge sacrifice but I was glad we took it together.  Each round of beers, each plate of food, no one knows the pain we suffered.  As for the Gin Ice Cream and those waitresses.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If people expected to have time and money compensated they should have got that in writing before it happened. I'm sure many more people would have gone if it was a paid trip, but it wasnt.. so they didnt 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Sorry @Redrobo, you cannot say this, 

And then move on, what are you suggesting? From my limited experience of the protest fund (I had a few ideas rightly turned down), every penny counted, nothing was wasted and certainly not spent on 'expenses' or underhand, maybe I am misreading your post in which case I apologise, but to suggest that those that managed the protest fund, again, independently of CARD anything other than transparently is wholly incorrect.
  • Options
    FFS this guys!
    I dread to think of the pitched battles to come when the balance options are presented for feedback!
    personally I am happy to go along with whatever @Curb_It and @Davo55 decide.
    Lets not all start looking like arses around here please!
  • Options
    Very well done boys n girls, your contribution to the club's new future is undeniable.
    Demelza, CACT, The Upbeats, the blind team, all perfectly appropriate beneficiaries for the residual profits.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    A reminder:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70620/proposed-charlton-fans-protest-fund-your-views-please/p1

Relevant Bit:

* any money donated but not spent for whatever reason would go the Upbeats.

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Sorry @Redrobo, you cannot say this, 

And then move on, what are you suggesting? From my limited experience of the protest fund (I had a few ideas rightly turned down), every penny counted, nothing was wasted and certainly not spent on 'expenses' or underhand, maybe I am misreading your post in which case I apologise, but to suggest that those that managed the protest fund, again, independently of CARD anything other than transparently is wholly incorrect.
    I'm sure he means individuals spent large amounts of personal monies to make the trips etc to Belgium and it was mainly self funded without help from the Protest Fund
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    A reminder:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70620/proposed-charlton-fans-protest-fund-your-views-please/p1

Relevant Bit:

This was set out at the start and I see no good reason to change it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    A reminder:

Relevant Bit:

This was set out at the start and I see no good reason to change it.
    If this was stated at the start then it should be the destination of the remaining balance. it is the perfect destination really, being a combination of a charity and charlton related causes. Up the Upbeats :)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    A reminder:

Relevant Bit:

I know we did say that initially but we probably thought there would be about 200 quid left in it, if even that?  It would be good to share the love I believe.