Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest Fund - Closure Announcement (Final Report on Page 3)

Comments

• Options
    How much is left? 
  • Options
    In fairness if it said the Upbeats would receive anything unspent and people’s donations were collected on that basis then the safest course of action would be to stick to that. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Upbeats for me.
  • Options
    Could it be worth asking the new owners to match it and then spend it on providing all fans in the ground with a ‘special badge’ or beer token to be spend that game? 

Would be a way to get the fans together 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure is this has been mentioned but, what about donating it to another club that is struggling with arsehole owners?
  • Options
    Thank you for coordinating the funding to get rid of the Rat. So much hard work behind the scenes. Much, much appreciated. We’ve got our Charlton back. Trust and support whatever decision you make. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I was going to suggest we put some of the money towards reinstating the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden at the training ground, but if the original suggestion was that it would go to the Upbeats, I think that's what we should do.
    The garden would get my vote. 
  • Options
    @Davo55, well you know what they say on the discharge leaflets, no operating machinery and no making financial decisions while recovering from sedation, so delaying coming back to this was the prudent option. :-) Hope it wasn't anything that's going to cause you too much grief in the long term. As for what happens to the money, I'm happy to be guided by what the two of you want to do, I just figured that being able to point to the original proposal for a donation to go to the Upbeats would help minimise the moaning from certain quarters...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ps - sorry about all the spacing!

pps - can mods please update the title for me. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thank you @Davo55 and @Curb_It for taking on the responsibility and discharging it to such good effect.
    As said by many others, we have trusted you throughout to spend the money prudently on behalf of us all, and I see no reason to change that now.
    However, since the balance left in the account is nearly equal to the totally amount you were originally envisaging raising  :) perhaps it could be split between several of the causes suggested in this thread in addition to the original proposed recipients, the Upbeats?
    People have mentioned the Museum, and I am sure they would appreciate some display cabinets for the smaller protest items, and/or a sum to spend on an item which comes up for sale on the open market.
    Others have mentioned the help we received from other clubs, and it would seem fitting to do similar - if there are not currently any fan groups of specific other troubled clubs who are in a position to make good use of a donation, are there any non-club groups who offered us help, advice or support who might welcome a donation?  Maybe the Footballer Supporters' Association (which now includes Supporters Direct)?
    And then there is our own supporters group, CASTrust, who we hope will have a big role in the club under new ownership.
    But whatever you decide, I am sure it will have majority support.  :)
  • Options
    Yes indeed Neil. And thanks to you for your great support. 
  • Options
    Excellent work chaps.
    83% gross profit on merchandise sales!!!  There's careers to be had at the club shop on that sort of return.
    Everything crossed the EFL stuff progresses smoothly & swiftly, then the Upbeats et all can enjoy their tremendous Christmas bonusses.
    Ding dong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Super work you two. Thank you.
  • Options
    You raised just shy of 60k wow what a club!
  • Options
    You raised just shy of 60k wow what a club!
    I'd like to think that something of this magnitude will be be heralded in the press once the Takeover is rubber stamped & the background to the Duchatelet years is regurgitated. 

The protests themselves were of interest to the media  initially for their surprise element & the imaginative ideas used but the hours of planning, fund raising & putting those plans into action have not received the deserved coverage. 

Now that the accounts have been publicised, it is clear that this was indeed a monumental operation and its success  should be lauded. 

I'm sure that Richard Cawley will cover this once the ink is dry & sighs of relief are heard all over the South East but wouldn't it be great to have a well earned reference to the fans involved in the national press ?

Respect & thanks to all concerned....with knobs on.

• Options
    Outstanding work by all involved. If Charlton Life did badges you should get a gold one.
  • Options
    @Curb_It @Davo55 you are both Star Bars!

I love the supporters of this club!
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan

Jean - not sure what (if anything) they will actually say but I had contact from a reporter on The Independent today, after the posting of the report on Twitter. 
  • Options
    Thank you to @Davo55 and @Curb_It.  Absolutely magnificent job.  Well done.  Hope you make a swift recovery from you procedure Davo.