Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reflections on the Duchatelet Era

Comments

• Options
    Him and football just don't work. Total Twunt of the highest order
  • Options
    I don’t think he liked us very much.....
  • Options
    I'm not reflecting on him. He's gone. Let's move on. 
  • Options
    Can’t believe he actually still got the £60m that he asked for 
  • Options
    There are almost too many issues to highlight. Roly’s ownership seriously exposed the ineptitude of the EFL and their refusal and inability to do anything about bad owners.
    it told us everything about the fit and proper owners test.
    The old duffer showed what’s deluded fool he was when he asked the EFL to buy the club.
    if we hadn’t had to live through it we’d have thought it was all the imaginings of a warped mind!
  • Options
    Selling Kermogant and replacing him with Reza and Polish Pete was the first sign that he didn't have a clue. Then Luzon, Fraeye, I've even forgotten Russel Slade was our manager! 

Lucked into Bowyer as he couldn't be arsed to look for a replacement for KR. Then refusing to give Bowyer a contract and then 12 hours later signing him up again. 

I won't miss him one bit

• Options
    Sympathetically it’s worth saying that we were in dire straits under the previous owners and could have been in for something horrendous had Roland not purchased us.

...that being said, I think the biggest issue was that he didn’t care about the history of culture of our club (or, by extension, English football). There were basically three stages of his regime; (i) he thought he could implement his own system, (ii) got mad because he failed and was called out, and then (iii) gave up until he could sell to someone else. 
  • Options
    Good riddance to the Helmet 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of us don't even want to reflect on it, it was just that stressful. as some people said we did get a handful of good players out of it like yoni buyens. Yoni Buyens is worth remembering.
  • Options
    If Roland has not been unrealistic on his price would we have been bought by some chancers? Did he perversely do us a favour holding out for a stupid price?
  • Options
    I'm beginning to miss him already.
  • Options
    A really shit time for the club that I was thinking would never end.  He possessed a fatal combination of arrogance, ignorance and stubborness that led to the club shooting itself in the foot so many times I'm surprised he's got any toes left.  It only took him five years to realise what he should have done in the first place and actually get people who understand football (and actually care) to run the club.

Goodbye Mr Shitweasel and good riddance.  Next!
  • Options
    He made Karel Fraeye our manager which I think must be one of the worst pure footballing decisions of all time.
    Thought he was the best one out the lot 😉
  • Options
    Not a single thing I can say in his defence. 
    Not one 
    Just pleased we have been cleaned of his toxic ownership. 
    Hear hear!!
  • Options
    Total Cluster Fuck of an era, calamitous, Bower, Jackson & Gallen et.al., have done an extraordinary job thus far, all being well now onwards & very upwards in a controlled well managed way :)  COYR's

• Options
    Once the takeover is confirmed I want us to continue to hassle him and his businesses in Belgium. He caused so much misery that he needs to be forever reminded of our hatred for him.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2019
    We've survived and somehow managed to come out in reasonable shape. Thanks to the hard work of Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen and Johnnie Jackson * and rest of the team. Getting Lee Bowyer in was more luck than judgement on Duchatelet's part. The takeover is great news and comes at a pivotal time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    He may well die the richest loneliest man in the cemetery, but thats no longer my concern 
  • Options
    Took over on 3rd January 2014. Disliked him by 31 January. Loathed him by 11 March 2014.
  • Options
    Lets put this into perspective,when he came we were in the shit big time,he steadied the ship and we rejoiced.Sadly,he had this idea that his network system would work,he badly underestimated the strength of the championship and stuck us with players who just were not good enough.When he finally cottoned on and started employing English managers and basically letting them get on with it{sublect to financial restraints}the damage was done and he would never be forgiven.Hopefully thats it,look to the future,which if the new chairmans statement is anything to go by,we can all be very optimistic.
  • Options
    Meire and Driesen - total incompetence which Duchatelet has never been able to see. The supporting evidence was overwhelming. If he had spent any time in London around the club he could not have failed to see this but he couldn't be bothered.
  • Options
    I'm just looking forward to the book about his time in charge.

Will show for once and all what a **** he was. 
  • Options
    That he thought Chris Powell’s name was Bart says it all.
  • Options
    I'm just looking forward to the book about his time in charge.

Will show for once and all what a **** he was. 
    Step forward Patrick Collins?