Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Lots of injuries but if Gallagher and Cullen play well and we can get a 20 minute cameo from Taylor we might get a win 
  • Options
    Everything points to an home defeat. So I’m going for 2-1 win (Sarr 2)
  • Options
    If we are playing 352, I would give Deji a go.

Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce , Oshilaja,

Matthews, Kayal, Cullen, Gallagher, Purrington

Bonne, Taylor/Leko

• Options
    A crucial game, but Tuesday against Luton will also be crucial, so Bowyer will have a choice in which match to play Matthews, and which match Solly

As Matthews came up through the Cardiff academy, I'd play him against them with Solly to play against Luton and repeat his goal from last season!
  • Options
    Think the break would have refreshed us somewhat, 2-0 to reach the very respectable 25 point mark. 
    Lockyer played 2 matches, Gallagher 1 match, while Cullen and Kayal were away so no break for 4 players, 3 of them key players. If Kayal got back late, I wonder if Oztumer will get the nod to start with Kayal on the bench?
  • Options
    Third match in a row v direct teams = third successive defeat as we continue our descent down the table.
  • Options
    Another team who hoof it which we seem to have a problem with 
  • Options
    1-0 to Charlton.
    As much as I've given Naby, what I would call valid criticism, I'd love him to get the goal.
  • Options
    Think the break would have refreshed us somewhat, 2-0 to reach the very respectable 25 point mark. 
    Lockyer played 2 matches, Gallagher 1 match, while Cullen and Kayal were away so no break for 4 players, 3 of them key players. If Kayal got back late, I wonder if Oztumer will get the nod to start with Kayal on the bench?
    If he doesn’t I think we can safely say that Bower doesn’t fancy Oztumer. 
  • Options
    2–1 win a hard thought win.

Taylor and Morgan to make the difference in the second half 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    2–1 win a hard thought win.

Taylor and Morgan to make the difference in the second half 
    See that's our trouble - we fight too much.
    We should think more  ;)
  • Options
    This is a game to be brave in.
  • Options
    At least two for us, less for them . Taylor and Bonne to score. Come on you Reds!!!
  • Options
    If he doesn’t I think we can safely say that Bower doesn’t fancy Oztumer. 
    Do you really think that?

It's not surprising that Oztumer hasn't seen much game time when we've had fixtures against big physical direct sides.
    Playing against teams who like to pass the ball, Forest and West Brom, he showed up very well.

Bowyer will pick him where it suits our game plan.

• Options
    Lost two on the bounce.
    Loads of injuries.
    Sky fixture.
    They have a new manager
    Who is Millwall's all time top goalscorer.

And the reason for optimism is?
  • Options
    Lost two on the bounce.
    Loads of injuries.
    Sky fixture.
    They have a new manager

Lee Bowyer is in charge...
  • Options
    Lost two on the bounce.
    Loads of injuries.
    Sky fixture.
    They have a new manager

Taylor to return?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I think Oztumer has to be given a bit of a chance. He is so talented but doesn't always make the right choices. But we need the ability and vision he will add. I think we may be a bit to easy to stop without Williams and Taylor, which is understandable.
  • Options
    Great Preview as ever FA , I reckon it's back to basics from Bowyer for this one, 4-4-2 diamond and we sneak a 1-0 win in a terrible game. Bonne with our late goal.
  • Options
    Really hoping Albie comes on and shows his talent - I may be in the minority but I think this kid has so much potential, so naturally gifted on the ball. Play him in that free role behind the strikers and he will cause a lot of problems for teams. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really hoping Albie comes on and shows his talent - I may be in the minority but I think this kid has so much potential, so naturally gifted on the ball. Play him in that free role behind the strikers and he will cause a lot of problems for teams. 
    Not sure you are! Yes he has much to learn, but Bowyer's treatment of him has been very harsh
  • Options
    This is a game to be brave in.
    That's us fucked then, I suspect Harris's team talk will be based on "we never turn up and we are bottlers"
  • Options
    Every single shred of luck seems to be against us going into this one so I'm not massively confident. We really need a win here though
  • Options
    Not sure you are! Yes he has much to learn, but Bowyer's treatment of him has been very harsh
    I don't like using this argument often, especially considering the makeup of our squad, but I think he's genuinely a bit too lightweight at the moment, and doesn't quite read the game quick enough for the Championship.

They wanted him to go on loan to a league club but there were no offers forthcoming, so Ebbsfleet it was. Gallen is high on him as a prospect so I wouldn't say treatment has been overly harsh - just that a little more experience in adult football at a slightly lower level would do him a world of good.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I don't like using this argument often, especially considering the makeup of our squad, but I think he's genuinely a bit too lightweight at the moment, and doesn't quite read the game quick enough for the Championship.

They wanted him to go on loan to a league club but there were no offers forthcoming, so Ebbsfleet it was. Gallen is high on him as a prospect so I wouldn't say treatment has been overly harsh - just that a little more experience in adult football at a slightly lower level would do him a world of good.
    When you look at how much the likes of Oztumer, Aneke, Kayal and Hemed have contributed so far, would Morgan have been any worse?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

When you look at how much the likes of Oztumer, Aneke, Kayal and Hemed have contributed so far, would Morgan have been any worse?
    That's a results-oriented way of looking at it though. We brought those players in thinking they were more Championship-ready, and certainly three of them should have been.

Evidently Aneke isn't up to scratch (imo); Kayal/Hemed don't appear to really have been fit enough; and Oztumer... Well, I dunno, there's a player there but it's not really manifested yet.

Morgan may well have been able to contribute, but it's a complete unknown, and I agree with Bowyer/Gallen's thinking that sending him out on loan (a la Karlan Grant to Crawley perhaps?) would better prepare him in the long term.
  • Options
    I dont thimk Bowyer can afford to be anything but harsh in a way - We've been over ran in most games and have won when we dont have possession, it means for the most part we need everyone who can help defend and if you cant you dont play as long term it could hinder our survival

In the more recent games Id definitely say that Millwall / Preston etc. would have past by him more as he's got that similar build to Oztumer

I think in the long run Morgan will probably appreciate the treatment he's received from Bowyer, dont think its personal, more so an very experienced ex-Midfielder who doesnt want to see the youngster get ruined in the same way we saw with Pigott
  • Options
    No Taylor tomorrow!!!!
  • Options
    No Taylor tomorrow!!!!
    Is that confirmed?
  • Options
    Not training Friday morning