Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    ticked all the boxes of us away there - having said that, i said to my mate with 5 to go that if they score i would happily be nicked or end up in hospital if i any one of them got close to me enough after the game - in hindsight, being held back for 45 minutes probably isn't a bad thing - in the cold light of day, a curse is a curse, i've only myself to blame for keep going to the fixture - i don't condone violence but in this fixture i do - walked past the bunch of grapes on the way to a party and it was like the wild west in there - hopefully we smashed the fuck out of any lairy millwall gobshite in there and from what i saw from outside i think we did - good.  
    You either do or do not condone violence - you sound a tad confused.
    not confused - in that instance i'm sure they deserved it and i condone it 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    ticked all the boxes of us away there - having said that, i said to my mate with 5 to go that if they score i would happily be nicked or end up in hospital if i any one of them got close to me enough after the game - in hindsight, being held back for 45 minutes probably isn't a bad thing - in the cold light of day, a curse is a curse, i've only myself to blame for keep going to the fixture - i don't condone violence but in this fixture i do - walked past the bunch of grapes on the way to a party and it was like the wild west in there - hopefully we smashed the fuck out of any lairy millwall gobshite in there and from what i saw from outside i think we did - good.  
    7 Millwall v 30 Charlton apparently. Talk of repercussions at the return fixture already. Yeah, really good that aye. Dear oh dear. 
    zzzzzz
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    7 Millwall v 30 Charlton apparently. Talk of repercussions at the return fixture already. Yeah, really good that aye. Dear oh dear. 
    zzzzzz
    Funny, thought exactly the same when I read your post. you’re a hypocrite. 

Not what this fixture should be about. 

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Don't be a cunt mate - anyone that fights over football is a pathetic man child and advocating for it is just as bad

zzzzz
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Don't be a cunt mate - anyone that fights over football is a pathetic man child and advocating for it is just as bad

zzzzz
    Mate you're being a bad advert for this forum with your comments the past 24 hours.

Just don't respond to any more posts about a fixture that was always going to be heated and we were bound to lose.
  • Options
    Who who was it who did the shit pass that went straight out and then they scored from the next attack. That done us.
    gallagher although i cant fault him yesterday, thought he showed up quite well
  • Options
    Yes Lockyer, Pratley, Cullen, Gallagher had excellent games. I think Oztumer was the brave option for Leko and Bowyer doesn't normally bottle it. I'm sure he will reflect and learn from this.
    agree with this - phillips was also good - we just have too many injuries now though but until the millwall witchdoctor / gypsy curser is found and the spell undone its totally irrelevant who plays - its payback for life generally - i'm not a brainless scummy flat cap wearing pretend hard man prick but i do have to put up with losing a local derby every few years - just the way it is i guess    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    It was a foul but Sarr needed to attack the ball. You don't get them decisions in these sort of games. The annoying thing is we were better but they wanted it more.

Nobody wanted it more than Josh Cullen.....feel gutted for him worked his socks off and was MOTM
    agreed
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

zzzzz
    Mate you're being a bad advert for this forum with your comments the past 24 hours.

Just don't respond to any more posts about a fixture that was always going to be heated and we were bound to lose.first time ive posted in 24hrs and i'll say what i like thanks unless somebody wants to ban me for being honest
  • Options
    I think the next few weeks are going to be damage limitation as I can't see our best players back until January. 

My worry is that lyle will go and Cullen will get recalled by Wham and their new Manager as Pelligrini is on a tight rope now.

I also fear that the Bowyer honeymoon is definitely over and agree with valleygary this is not good enough and we need to change tactics soon. 
    you cannot play 3 centre backs and pratley - its too defensive
  • Options
    sarr at fault for bot goals, no question - can't see him playing next game - total lack of desire to win the ball
  • Options
    Only just brought myself to watch the highlights. Let's face it, we had our chances. Criminal defending from Sarr for the 2nd goal. Was surprised at the lack of atmosphere yesterday. Draw was more than fair but in derby games you have to find a way to win and unfortunately that's what Millwall always seem to have the ability to do. 
  • Options
    Bot goals.   

Sums it up.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    I wish I hadn’t seen that view of the goal from the video taken by CharltonChoiceTV as it makes Sarrs defending look even worse. 
    i've just watched it about ten times - must be a masochist but it seriously looks like sarr's taken a bung there - any form of jump would have stopped the goal - absolutely shocking and he would never play again if i was manager 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Doucher, if you’re gonna go off on one, can you do it using the quoting function properly please
    will do - im done now anyway - made my thoughts clear, good to get things off your chest - anybody that came out of that ground yesterday without the raving hump shouldn't bother going and if some millwall think its going to be okay to be in the first pub all charlton fans r going to go in after getting off the train and dont keep their mouths shut, then they deserve everything they get - goodnight
  • Options
    That ladies and gentlemen is why it’s called “millwall” time , same old same old late filthy spawny crappy late / injury time goal from the scum .

if we do ever win there I’m not gonna remember a thing 

as someone who is a real shit drinker,  6 pints on an empty stomach (can’t be at that place sober )  and a couple bottles of Peroni before kick off and a load more during (in scum mates box) and after I have no recall of anything but the result and late winner .
    Before watching the action on the highlights I guessed when the opener and Charlton equaliser was.
    I thought we scored just before half time and they scored after about 15 so wasn’t too far out time wise! 
    I have no recall of any of the highlights .

Not sure what time we left the ground but there was some banter with old QPR woman who worked on reception who said she hated both teams , so did i at that point and then as we walked around the toolbox Bowyer had a face like thunder as the team came out , him and Jacko left in Jackos car separate from the team coach .

back to pub in Peckham rye for some more beer and bants and a sherbet home about 8pm completely wasted .

im still so dehydrated and wrecked 33 hours since last beer , result really cos I’d be an alcoholic if it didn’t ruin me so much .

Unfortunately football wise , the rub of the green early season has disappeared and reality is setting in 8 points from the last 10 games is relegation form .
    we are getting nearer and nearer the trapdoor and further away from promotion each week .
    11 points from top and 11 points from 2nd bottom 
    the injuries are not good but only two of them would start , Taylor and Williams .
    As someone who from day one and even during the brilliant start could see staying up was still our only objective I’m super worried now ,
    We've run out of steam early on , Taylor will inject us with some life as long as he comes back to his old self .
    Plenty of time to turn it around but it’s looking more like a relegation battle will ensue rather than a promotion one .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Doucher, if you’re gonna go off on one, can you do it using the quoting function properly please
    will do - im done now anyway - made my thoughts clear, good to get things off your chest - anybody that came out of that ground yesterday without the raving hump shouldn't bother going and if some millwall think its going to be okay to be in the first pub all charlton fans r going to go in after getting off the train and dont keep their mouths shut, then they deserve everything they get - goodnight
    You're a member of this forum in more ways than one.
  • Options
    Oh well they can have there 6 points a season off us as long as we are above them in the table.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Taking the disappointment out of it, we’re still in striking distance of the top sides. Just look at Luton and Barnsley to realise what sort of season we’re having. The international break arrives at the right time. Get Taylor back and work on a solid system with the 11 we’ll be going with for the next three games. And make play offs the target now. Set a goal. 

There is a goal... Survival!!

Got to remember that promotion / play-offs wasnt even the fans aim at the start of the season its only become that because of our unrealistic start to the season

Bowyer has constantly repeated that fact and for me until we get enough points (around fifty) 21st should be the aim

I know you dont say it either but for people to say Bowyer's honeymoon period is over is ludicrious, the Management team have just gone through a tough run of games which started against Leeds and ended yesterday against Millwall - We've had endless injuries where we've not been able to pick our best team and like this stage last season we've struggled, the only difference is the fact that losing key players is going to be more difficult to handle against top Championship teams than it is to handle against ordinary League One teams!!

I know its frustrating that we lost to Millwall and its no surprise with some comments but we need some perspective!!

If come the end of the season we've dropped six points against Millwall yet stay up (whether its comfortably or not) then I'll be happy, dont give a toss about bragging rights
    My point being, like the Millwall game, you settle for a point/survival you end up losing /relegated. 
    And just for the record; I believed play offs was doable pre-season. I felt momentum and Bowyer might just get us there. So please don’t preach like you speak for all fans.
    And as you helpfully point out, I didn’t say anything about Bowyer or a honeymoon period. 
    As a supporter of 35 years I’ve got plenty of perspective, thanks. So not sure why you’ve gone off on one about that, quoting my post. Some of the ‘i know best’ merchants on here are unbelievable. 
  • Options

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Zzzzzz - go and bore another teams board, nobody wants to here anything you’ve got to say - better still get back on your own board  fu?king weirdo 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Zzzzzz - go and bore another teams board, nobody wants to here anything you’ve got to say - better still get back on your own board  fu?king weirdo 

*hear. Just saying.

This is my board. I choose to be here. Don't like it? tough.

Feel free to forcibly remove me, though. No, thought not.

• Options
    Here I am this morning 
    Working in gillingham with a load of both gillingham and millwall supporters 
    Thanks Charlton for making my monday even more shite than I was going to be anyway
    Brilliant 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:

Tsk. You can take the boy out of Bermondsey......    ;)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:

Tsk. You can take the boy out of Bermondsey......    ;)
    Apologies @Six-a-bag-of-nuts but that one just really gripped my sh*t :)
  • Options
    old QPR woman who worked on reception who said she hated both teams 
    The millwall receptionist said she hates millwall?