Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Trip to The Normandy Beaches & Bayeux - Friday 17th to Sunday 19th July 2020.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Hi Neal, if you have drop outs can I be placed on the reserve list for 2021 please.
  • Options
    Hi Neal, if you have drop outs can I be placed on the reserve list for 2021 please.
    Of course, no worries. Think you will be reserve number 5 or 6.
  • Options
    Afternoon,
    Not sure if this affects anyone else but I’d paid upfront/non-refundable via Hotels.com for this trip so I’d written the money off but out of boredom looked on their website today, spoke to someone via the chat box and he’s refunded me the whole lot (although it could take 30-days to arrive he said), nice touch and I’ll try to remember to use the same place if we do go next year as they’re in my good books now isn’t it....
    Cheers.....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Afternoon,
    Not sure if this affects anyone else but I’d paid upfront/non-refundable via Hotels.com for this trip so I’d written the money off but out of boredom looked on their website today, spoke to someone via the chat box and he’s refunded me the whole lot (although it could take 30-days to arrive he said), nice touch and I’ll try to remember to use the same place if we do go next year as they’re in my good books now isn’t it....
    Cheers.....
    are you Welsh ….
  • Options
    funnily enough someone else contacted me today. they had booked an Airbnb in Bayeux and were having trouble getting a full refund. They needed confirmation that the trip had been cancelled. I was able to help out with some paperwork that I hope will help them obtain a full refund. if anyone else is in a similar position please drop me a message.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Afternoon,
    Cheers.....
    are you Welsh ….
    No boyo...
  • Options
    I booked for Campanile through Expedia.
    Took a few days to get a reply from Expedia to my initial query about cancelling, but then went through smoothly.
    I hope everyone else has managed to unpick their reservations without too much hassle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

After consulting with Clive we have rearranged the trip to Normandy for the dates of Friday 16th July to Sunday 18th July 2021.

If however these dates are unsuitable for anyone then please let me know, private message please, and I will arrange for any monies paid to date to be refunded. Please don't worry about letting the side down as I have a reserve list and conversely apologies if you can't make these dates.

Please see you private messages for further details.

• Options
    just to say I have just managed to book the Campanile Bayeux for the new dates in 2021 if anyone is interested. Used booking.com paying nothing up-front with option of cancelling free of charge up to 6pm on 16th July 2021.
  • Options
    Hi Neal,

I'm going to ask Michael if it fits his plans. I've booked the Campanile as well.
  • Options
    Great Matthias, look forward to hopefully seeing you both then.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p01tbj6p

Shared this with SE7toSG3 yesterday. Some of you may have already caught up with these 'Great War' interviews from the 60s. There are 13 altogether. 

Truly remarkable and well worth a watch if you have not seen them.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p01tbj6p

Shared this with SE7toSG3 yesterday. Some of you may have already caught up with these 'Great War' interviews from the 60s. There are 13 altogether. 

Truly remarkable and well worth a watch if you have not seen them.

thanks for sharing, I will definitely have a watch.