Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CL Trip to The Normandy Beaches & Bayeux - Friday 17th to Sunday 19th July 2020.

Comments

• This thread is so annoying because this year I’m unable to go. So disappointed.

• thanks for highlighting that Ben. Something that I was obviously aware of but I know Clive will advise if or when it becomes a problem to us.
  • This thread is so annoying because this year I’m unable to go. So disappointed.

there's always next year …. possibly, maybe?
    Share my seat shoots

Yeah, me neither.
  • Thank you for the link @Henry Irving.
    I expect a lot of things will have changed by July - let's hope it's a best-case-scenario by then.
  • N01R4M said:
    Thank you for the link @Henry Irving.
    I expect a lot of things will have changed by July - let's hope it's a best-case-scenario by then.

the League One fixtures will be out by then :-((
  • N01R4M said:
    Thank you for the link @Henry Irving.
    Yes, am sure this could potentially affect lots of trips and holidays
  • edited March 2020
    If anyone has ever got on the coach at Charlton where do you park your car? 
  • Sponsored links:

• If anyone has ever got on the coach at Charlton where do you park your car? 
    It’s really tough Large. No real places to park unless you go up to the village which of course is a schlep back up. I did wonder if a pickup point by Charlton lido might be better ? 
  • If anyone has ever got on the coach at Charlton where do you park your car? 
    It’s really tough Large. No real places to park unless you go up to the village which of course is a schlep back up. I did wonder if a pickup point by Charlton lido might be better ? 
    Can you add North Hampshire to that.. 
  • ****** TRIP POSTPONED TO JULY 2021 - PLEASE SEE YOUR INBOX IF YOU WERE ATTENDING ******
  • Real shame but best to call it off now rather than nearer the time.

@LargeAddick please can you let me know if any spare places come up for next year?

@LargeAddick please can you let me know if any spare places come up for next year?

do not fear you are second on my reserve list ..

do not fear you are second on my reserve list ..
    Cheers
  • Think you have done the wisest thing, we have decided to postpone our family trip also to  take some family members to visit Ypres, and Y Farm cemetery at the same time. The Hotel is closed and earliest date was 8th June, and that looks  pretty optimistic . Hopefully Eurotunnel will roll over the booking. In any case looks like 2 weeks quarantine back home, TBA this afternoon.......no prob's. They only discovered his body, along with 16 others, and was reburied a few years back, fantastic and moving ceremony at the time. My younger brother and Cousin are the eldest, so feel we have to pay our respects......anyone interested its here.....
     http://ww1.canada.com/after-the-war/images-15-british-soldiers-from-the-first-world-war-are-reburied-in-france 

• Understand mate and fully concur....that's the 3rd one cancelled for me so far....
  • Sorry for you blokes and lasses that this is postponed. I know just how good trips these are. I was gutted that I was not able to attend this time. I know you keep a reserve list Neal so please put me on it just in case places crop up for next year. 
  • SHG, you are number 4 on the reserve list ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends when in July next year it is, I may not be able to go...
    Shall we cross that bridge when we can confirm the new dates? If you cannot make it you will of course get a full refund of monies paid.
    Shall we cross that bridge when we can confirm the new dates? If you cannot make it you will of course get a full refund of monies paid.
    Sure mate...
  • bumped it case anyone missed it - TRIP POSTPONED TO JULY 2021 - PLEASE SEE YOUR INBOX IF YOU WERE ATTENDING
  • Great bless him and you....
  • Blimey. I wouldn’t want to fight Uncle Den now let alone back then.
    Yeah you would...you have an answer to everything.

• Uncle Den 96th birthday - 3 days ago. 
    Whoever bought him the Lego set erred on the side of caution when buying him an age appropriate gift.