Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CL Trip to The Normandy Beaches & Bayeux - Friday 17th to Sunday 19th July 2020.

Comments

• This thread is getting more bumps than a dodgem car!
  • ** just six places remaining **
  • whilst everyone is in a happy mood …...
  • Can I book two seats please
  • Have messaged you Nick
  • ** FOUR places remaining **
  • Please could we book 2 seats. Will you get back to us with how to book etc? Thanks 
  • Corky said:
    Please could we book 2 seats. Will you get back to us with how to book etc? Thanks 
    Have sent you a message
  • Sponsored links:

• ** Just TWO places remaining **
  • Greenie said:
    I’m taking this old girl (my 1940 W.D. Matchless, all original and some of its history says that it was in Normandy in 1944) out to Normandy on DDay 2020 we’ll be there from 4-8 June, otherwise I would have gone on this trip.
    If any lifers are in two minds to go to Normandy just do it, it’s a real eye opener and humbling experience, have a great trip !
    Just come across this thread and would have loved to have joined you guys.

By coincidence,  I am at the early stages of organising a biking trip to Normandy at the same time that you will be there @Greenie . No I'm not stalking you honestly 🙂 I have a younger cousin of your bike, a 1952 AJS 350 but wont be riding that to Normandy. 

I spent a night there in 1994 but did no advance planning so didn't get the most out of it. I have no doubt that you will have a great trip. 
  • Nice one Large
  • Wonderful stuff.....best wishes to one and all.
  • now on the OS so you can believe it.

Article by promising young historian about last trip but mentions the next one at the end

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5dc985675ef5e/remembering-those-who-gave-their-life-during-the-first-world-war

Greenie said:
    I’m taking this old girl (my 1940 W.D. Matchless, all original and some of its history says that it was in Normandy in 1944) out to Normandy on DDay 2020 we’ll be there from 4-8 June, otherwise I would have gone on this trip.
    If any lifers are in two minds to go to Normandy just do it, it’s a real eye opener and humbling experience, have a great trip !
    Absolutely fantastic, enjoy the trip😊
  • now on the OS so you can believe it.

Article by promising young historian about last trip but mentions the next one at the end

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5dc985675ef5e/remembering-those-who-gave-their-life-during-the-first-world-war
    Really good article, incisive & very well written 👍
  • Ahead of the last trip, to The Somme, @SE7toSG3 recommended some books to read. These were really helpful and I got a lot more out of the visit as a result. Are there any particular books recommended for the Normandy trip in July? Gotta spend these Amazon vouchers on something!
  • Sponsored links:

• ^^ have sent Clive a message so hopefully he can answer your question
  • Only just saw this as I tend to only look at the footballing threads. Went last time, so disappointed that I was not advised of the next trip. Please put me on the reserve list (two people) if anybody drops out. Thank you.
  • ^^ sorry you were not ‘advised’ of the trip but then again neither was anyone else. It’s always been on a first come first served basis and in doing so we do get new people coming as opposed to it becoming a closed shop. I will certainly put you on the reserve list in case anyone does drop out.
  • Well done for organising and we'll done to those supporting it and going. 
  • That is good news, @MadGerman .  
  • MadGerman said:
    We've sorted our plans and it looks like 4 Germans are joining the tour. After enjoying the two previous tours I can't wait to hear all the stories from Clive.
    Exellent!
  • MadGerman said:
    We've sorted our plans and it looks like 4 Germans are joining the tour. After enjoying the two previous tours I can't wait to hear all the stories from Clive.
    Great news, we can discuss Bayer Leverkusen......