Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Montenegro / Kosovo

12346»

Comments

• Winks has been poor, mings not much better
    I've thought Winks has had a good game, agree with Mings though. An AM is needed though instead of both Winks and Rice
  • Must be one of the only countries in the world where the fans actually like England
  • I know it’s a dead rubber but bit shoddy really.

God help us if Ronaldo or Messi were playing for Kosovo
  • BR3red said:
    I know it’s a dead rubber but bit shoddy really.

God help us if Ronaldo or Messi were playing for Kosovo
    But then would we be so lax at the back if we knew that a Messi or Ronaldo type figure were playing

Has the typical feel of a team being too careless because they know they're playing inferior opposition

We see it at Charlton every August when we play a lower league team in the League Cup
  • Not a fan of the flashing advertising boards!
    I’ve been carrying a migraine all day and they are driving me nuts. 
  • great goal by Rashford
  • Rashford is mustard. 
  • Not a fan of the flashing advertising boards!
    Same last thing you need to look at when nursing an hangover
  • Declan Rice is ploppy

The long winter nights must just fly by...
  • Sponsored links:

• They need JJ to sort out the defence.
  • Thought Winks was good again
  • Second half Winks played well, i do quite like him. Think 4-0 flatters us but who cares!
  • Thought Winks was good again
    He was. It looks like southgate has a choice of Henderson/Rice and one other in the centre. I dont think the two together work. Would rather Henderson and Winks at the moment but who know form and injuries in 5 months time. I feel a bit sorry for Rice as he had that important role today so will probably take some stick but what other choices do we have? Delph, Dier? Id rather persist with Rice as the one to takeover Henderson
  • Sage said:
    Not sure what the deal is with Maddison but he is better than many options we have and just isn’t being given a chance.

Said before but I don’t think Rice and Mount are ready for this level and they’ll get quickly found out in games that matter against better opponents. Everyone has their own opinion, I just think we have better players than these two right now. Winks and Maddison being examples.

Midfield trio right now for the Euros, for me, has to be Henderson, Winks, Ox.

Front three will be difficult to choose from when you have Sancho continuing to do so well in Germany and not put a foot wrong for England, and Rashford stepping it up for England of late. One of those alongside Sterling and Kane is very strong.

Left back has to be Chilwell, TAA has to be right back. Maguire needs a partner at centre back that we can rely on. Gomez has that potential but he needs regular minutes at Liverpool and gain his confidence back for that to be an option.
    Pretty much spot on with the team i would pick. I think Tomori could push ahead of Gomez if he dont start playing more for Liverpool. Im not convinced by Stones. I see him play very good but also seems to make so many errors still
  • Must be one of the only countries in the world where the fans actually like England

Give it 30 years or so. The progressives will eventually work their magic and convince everyone there that England/Britain were actually invaders in a foreign war and should be regarded as an oppressive force forever more.

• Qualification from this group has been a doddle,the only other decent side in the group beat us. I fear that when tested properly our defence will be found out.
  • What a great welcome from the fans. Nice to see them embrace a progressive attitude, and shame the racists in neighbouring countries. 

Despite the first defeat in ten years, an amazing qualifying campaign - goals galore and positive football. 

What a shame so many cannot enjoy the moment. Their loss.  
    a certain leader of the opposition voted to not help them, and then long after the fact tried to deny there was a genocide there.

In other news, mega proud of Nick Pope, I remember thinking he could be an amazing keeper when i saw him in the playoffs for York, was disappointed he never hit the same form with us but goes to show that player was always in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I the only one who thought TAA was awful in both games, would give Wan-bissaka a go at RB, still would have TAA ahead of Trippier all day long though.
  • I don't think you can judge players like TAA when we all know he is one of the best players in his position in the world. Also, often if you are open and free scoring you will concede a few chances. The trick is to score more than you concede. I think Southgate's priority is to get that midfield balance right which will also help us defensively and then we can be genuine contenders.
  • Am I the only one who thought TAA was awful in both games, would give Wan-bissaka a go at RB, still would have TAA ahead of Trippier all day long though.
    I think Id rather test Reece James @ Right Back than Wan-Bissaka, nothing against his Palace roots but wasnt impressed with him for the U21s last summer

Although I imagine his form wasnt helped by the fact that Man Utd were chasing him
  • Great to have a good mix of young players coming through and more importantly, no superstars who are picked on reputation only and shoehorned into the side
  • Not sure why Maddison isn't being given more of a chance - is a better player than Mount
  • Not sure why Maddison isn't being given more of a chance - is a better player than Mount
    He's our best midfield player, its baffling that he isn't playing