Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Montenegro / Kosovo

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Winks is class
    Just an English version of Josh Cullen

Know who I'd rather have getting an assist @ Wembley ;)
  • Options
    Maddison has great potential  , but I prefer Barkley at the moment  . It's great to have so many options in midfield . Gallagher could be in  the squad in a couple of years too .
  • Options
    Winks is class
    He just doesnt give the ball away does he?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Winks is class
    No and he wants the ball in tight space which is so important for transition.

I actually prefer Hendo off the bench, so winks starting is great
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Winks is class

Trouble is I think Henderson will start come the Euros!!... Who do you take out... Mount?

(Just so long as another body isnt taken out to accommodate Rice at the same time)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Winks is class

Trouble is I think Henderson will start come the Euros!!... Who do you take out... Mount?

(Just so long as another body isnt taken out to accommodate Rice at the same time)
    It’s difficult as Henderson could be leading his club to a premier title. I think he’s good as a lone defensive midfielder, Southgate just needs to get away from starting 2 of the same Ilk against better teams.
  • Options
    Would be good to see Foden go on loan in Jan to see if he could challenge.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Winks is class

It’s difficult as Henderson could be leading his club to a premier title. I think he’s good as a lone defensive midfielder, Southgate just needs to get away from starting 2 of the same Ilk against better teams.
    Trouble is it might be too tempted, especially when you look at the chances Montenegro had tonight

Replace their Strikers with Mbappe etc. and you do wonder if Southgate would go more defensive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Midfield three should be Winks - Ox - Maddison

It's criminal Jack Grealish hasn't been called up yet
  • Options
    Against better teams we will need a more solid midfield. Especially if we want TAA and Chilwell to play as they do for their club sides, which they can only do because they have a defensive midfielder covering them
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Midfield three should be Winks - Ox - Maddison

It's criminal Jack Grealish hasn't been called up yet
    Who do you take out?

Winks | Oxlade-Chamberlain | Maddison | Henderson | Rice | Barkley | Mount all fully deserve their spots

Then you've got Foden | Alli | Loftus-Cheek who'll be knocking at the door and the likes of Harvey Barnes | Dwight McNeil future potentials too

Hell Barkley didnt even get called up this time unless he's injured?
  • Options
    Anyway, 33 goals in 7 games is frightening whatever the level. Well done England.
    Ireland are top of group D and they've scored.................6 goals.
  • Options
    On way home. Gomez widely booed. Only players not personally impressed with were Stones Mount and Sancho. 

Number of late arrivals appalling . Strolling in half way through the first half with their popcorn and hot dog. Oh missed 3 goals. Then arrive back 10 minutes into second half and leave with 5 to go. I just don't get it. Whatever happened to knowing  value for money?
  • Options
    On the train home now, very slick first half by England, thought we could have kept on the throttle a bit more than we did 2nd. Lots of football tourists around and got moaned at for not joining in a Mexican wave by an American behind me, he left before the 7th goal went in.

As others have said not sure why Gomez was booed. 

Shame Cyprus v Scotland is not until saturday, leaving Wembley after trouncing someone to hear they have conceded a late minute equaliser to the Soloman Islands usually tops off my night. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    On the train home now, very slick first half by England, thought we could have kept on the throttle a bit more than we did 2nd. Lots of football tourists around and got moaned at for not joining in a Mexican wave by an American behind me, he left before the 7th goal went in.

As others have said not sure why Gomez was booed. 

Shame Cyprus v Scotland is not until saturday, leaving Wembley after trouncing someone to hear they have conceded a late minute equaliser to the Soloman Islands usually tops off my night. 
    Did the police keep you in for an hour :D
  • Options
    Yep I busted the gate down though and then had a pub to trash so a little delayed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ludicrous to boo Gomez. Twats.
  • Options
    On way home. Gomez widely booed. Only players not personally impressed with were Stones Mount and Sancho. 

Number of late arrivals appalling . Strolling in half way through the first half with their popcorn and hot dog. Oh missed 3 goals. Then arrive back 10 minutes into second half and leave with 5 to go. I just don't get it. Whatever happened to knowing  value for money?
    The euros will be different can’t wait for that atmosphere 
  • Options
    Quelle surprise, we’ve ended up in an Indian to celebrate. Glad I’m wan.... working from home tomorrow 

• Options
    Last night was England's youngest starting line-up for 60 years, with an average age of 23 years and 255 days
  • Options
    Last night was England's youngest starting line-up for 60 years, with an average age of 23 years and 255 days
    Harry Kane (31 goals) overtook both Alan Shearer and Nat Lofthouse in becoming England's 5th highest scorer of all time - and has also broken the record for the number of goals scored as England captain with 24.   
  • Options
    Love to know the logic of booing Gomez
  • Options
    Bollox Sterling was clapping the booooo's when Gomez came on #fact
  • Options
    I was waiting at my sons footy training and watched from the 40th minute to the 75th minute in the car .... prolly the worse bit to watch