Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Options
    Pleased for Josh that he has moved to a League 2 side and a manager that he knows and wanted him.
    No evidence that he was a League 1 striker.
    Good luck to him and now a forward must be coming in as Conor and Josh has now gone. 

A forward who can support Chuks or Jayden but can play wide and up front and doesn't get a nose bleed in the area.  The fluidity of the forwards is important but no reasons in lowly League 1 you can't have a central striker in a 3 up front; Stocks and Aneke to share the 90+ minutes.

• Options
    Personally I think he'll end up having a good career around L1 level but I don't see him getting a lot of game time with us and that's exactly what he needs, I think this is a good move for all parties. Thanks and good luck Josh.
  • Options
    Sad to say I've always said he wasn't good enough - 6 goals in 35 games....from a striker ! Just not good enough for league1, especially for a team looking for a top 6 spot.

Hopefully frees up a spot for mcKirdy. 

• Options
    Good luck to him.

Worked hard and scored a few goals.

Should do well at Wimbledon 
  • Options
    Very best wishes to Josh and Jacko.
    He had his level (so far) but whilst playing he never robbed a living.
  • Options
    Davison always tried his best, and may do well at that level. Soare/Watson next for JJ? 
  • Options
    I hope he helps Wimbledon at least finish in the playoffs with jacko. League 2 is his level
  • Options
    Yes wish him well, tried hard but not good enough technically. Wish some of the others had shown his effort. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a few goals next season. Right move for all concerned. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon he'll do well there, and will come good as they say. Always tried his best even if his skills weren't up to par with his workrate at the minute. 

Surely opening the door for a replacement striker to be revealed soon.
  • Options
    He had games in the championship where he looked decent enough (1 or 2) but seriously regressed under Jackson & Adkins. 
  • Options
    You can’t fault his effort, hopefully him & Gunter will turn out to be League 2 champions.
  • Options
    Sad to say I've always said he wasn't good enough - 6 goals in 35 games....from a striker ! Just not good enough for league1, especially for a team looking for a top 6 spot.

Mckirdy has scored 0 goals at league 1 or above so no guarantees he is the answer either.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Davison always tried his best, and may do well at that level. Soare/Watson next for JJ? 
    More chance of Watson being here than Wimbledon next season. 

🚌🚌
  • Options
    Good move for both Josh & Jacko, I think.

Onwards & upwards, guys ! 
  • Options
    Undisclosed
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Jac_52 said:

Mckirdy has scored 0 goals at league 1 or above so no guarantees he is the answer either.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Mckirdy isn’t even in the picture. He is a risk.

piss myself if he came in next!!🤣
  • Options
    But TS said he was going to be one of our 4 strikers so we weren't desperate to sign another one. Gave the usual doom mongers some ammo to aim at TS for 5 minutes.

Good luck to Josh and definitely a good sign we're working bringing in another forward. 

No he didn’t. Stop lying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I hope there is a buy-on clause!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Interesting move.

So the manager who took him on loan ( Garner ) has sold him to the manager who let him go on loan ( Jackson ).
    Probably more of a league 1/league 2 issue than the manager preference.
  • Options
    Gutted.

Ha not really, cheerio ponytail and I wish you every success
  • Options
    Good luck to Josh. Just sad they couldn’t squeeze both barrels of his surname onto that shirt. 
  • Options
    Good luck

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Fumbluff said:
    Undisclosed
    Realistically most of us wouldn't have batted an eyelid if we'd just released him, so anything above the couple of weeks wages we have paid him since renewing is a bonus.
  • Options
    Hard working lad I have only good wishes towards him. Good move for all concerned I can see him having decent success there now they also have that giant upfront to knock on the hoofball tactics
  • Options
    But TS said he was going to be one of our 4 strikers so we weren't desperate to sign another one. Gave the usual doom mongers some ammo to aim at TS for 5 minutes.

Good luck to Josh and definitely a good sign we're working bringing in another forward. 

Could that mean the replacement is already lined up? That we were happy to let Josh go once we knew an extra body was coming in?
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Josh