Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Away Tickets

Comments

• The mystery of the lower tier is bizarre.

Must be the only ground in the country where the police shit themselves so much that they're worried about 2 sets of fans in DIFFERENT stands. If it was a wrap around stadium then i'd maybe understand it a bit but how can they not sell the lower tier when fans go in different stands?

Even Rangers and Celtic manage to segregate fans in the same stand.
    Yep, even West Ham had the lower tier once. Maybe its Millwall's decision because they dont want to pay for the extra policing/stewards. 
  • The mystery of the lower tier is bizarre.

Must be the only ground in the country where the police shit themselves so much that they're worried about 2 sets of fans in DIFFERENT stands. If it was a wrap around stadium then i'd maybe understand it a bit but how can they not sell the lower tier when fans go in different stands?

It is odd, and looks daft on TV. Most other grounds in the country seems to cope with away fans next to the pitch, and if some dickhead wanted to throw a flare on the pitch they could do it from the upper tier anyway. Or if they are worried about away fans being too close to home ones, either close off the end blocks or close off the end blocks of the home stands.

• ChiAddick said:
    The mystery of the lower tier is bizarre.

Yep, even West Ham had the lower tier once. Maybe its Millwall's decision because they dont want to pay for the extra policing/stewards. 
    Surely the revenue from those extra fans would more than pay for more stewards/Police.
  • What is the chance this makes valley gold? 
  • The lower tier has been used a few times and has usually resulted in problems - West Ham, Liverpool, us.

I think it is unique in that it is so close to the lower side stand, where a number of Millwalls more likely chaps stand. There is therefore the chance (however unlikely - we know what those invisible walls are like) that it will boil over and result in people on the pitch, which no one wants, esp Millwall the club.

What is bewildering is why the league, police or FA have not made Millwall close the ends of those side stands to defuse the potential problems, as they know they originate due to those who occupy those areas and it has happened at many other clubs.

As for some of our boasting we’d sell whatever were given, let’s not make ourselves look silly, we can hardly gloat too much given historic turnouts. We manage it now it’s an easy away day and so we should.
  • The lower tier has been used a few times and has usually resulted in problems - West Ham, Liverpool, us.

I think it is unique in that it is so close to the lower side stand, where a number of Millwalls more likely chaps stand. There is therefore the chance (however unlikely - we know what those invisible walls are like) that it will boil over and result in people on the pitch, which no one wants, esp Millwall the club.

What is bewildering is why the league, police or FA have not made Millwall close the ends of those side stands to defuse the potential problems, as they know they originate due to those who occupy those areas and it has happened at many other clubs.

As for some of our boasting we’d sell whatever were given, let’s not make ourselves look silly, we can hardly gloat too much given historic turnouts. We manage it now it’s an easy away day and so we should.
    Anytime i've been to Millwall the 'chaps' in the end blocks that you refer to have always been about 14.

If they can sort segregation at Rangers/Celtic, Man U/Liverpool, Newcastle/Sunderland, Villa/Birmingham, then it's just bizarre how they can't do it at Millwall.

As you say, just close off the end block in either stand and be done with it.
  • Does the lower tier @ Sheffield Wednesday ever get used?

Only ever been in the upper tier of the away end when I've gone to Hillsborough
  • Yes, when big clubs go there or FA Cup games. But like Millwall, they’ve been know to shut it when Sheff U or Leeds visit.

Was in the lower tier for the cup game a few years ago. I think it was anyway, don't recall being too far above SCP when he was swinging from the crossbar!!
  • My son knows somebody who works in the ticket office at millwall - he reckons we will be getting the lower tier - whether he is wrong or on a wind up i don't know (the ticket office kid not my son). I also presume he means the top tier as well but again i don't know. Just passing on info - it could well be nonsense and it would be surprising but hope its right - i think we would sell both tiers comfortably.
  • Sponsored links:

• The reason for not getting the lower tier at the last game was because those naughty chaps on the side in their pink Lacoste polo shirts started getting things out of their man bags and throwing them at us.  I almost got hit by a lipseal the last time I was there.
    Oh the irony.... that could have split one of your lips !!

I've always been fascinated by that open corner to the left hand side of leppings lane.  Maine Road used to have one as well if i'm not mistaken
  • I wish we had a retractable roof on the Jimmy Seed stand for some of our visitors. 😁
  • Redrobo said:
    I wish we had a retractable roof ejector seats on the Jimmy Seed stand for some of our visitors. 😁

• edited October 2019
    bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    I wish we had a retractable roof ejector seats showers on the Jimmy Seed stand for some of our visitors. 😁

• edited October 2019
    CAFCOlly said:
    bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    I wish we were had stuck to our boycotting, not a penny more stance to show those in the Jimmy Seed stand 😁

Er.....
  • CAFCOlly said:
    bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    I wish we were had stuck to our boycotting, not a penny more stance to show those in the Jimmy Seed stand 😁

Er.....
    I’ve finally got you BBW. It took a while. But that’s me being a thick Millwall fan 
  • edited October 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    My son knows somebody who works in the ticket office at millwall - he reckons we will be getting the lower tier - whether he is wrong or on a wind up i don't know (the ticket office kid not my son). I also presume he means the top tier as well but again i don't know. Just passing on info - it could well be nonsense and it would be surprising but hope its right - i think we would sell both tiers comfortably.
    Has been discussed between the clubs. Not sure what the outcome was.
  • edited October 2019

If we did get lower and upper tier, does anybody know how many tickets that would equate to?

• If we did get lower and upper tier, does anybody know how many tickets that would equate to?

4,000?
  • If we did get lower and upper tier, does anybody know how many tickets that would equate to?

4,000?
    Wow, if so... maybe we will get down a few stages and increase my chances of getting a ticket lol
  • If we were to get the lower as well it'd be only part of it.  The front 6 rows would be out of action as would the two blocks in each corner. 
  • Didn't we have 1000 in the lower one year and 600 another year?  My guess is it will be the latter if at all
  • edited October 2019
    There is not a chance in hell we will have 4,000 tickets for this.
  • edited October 2019
    No chance that lower tier holds 2,000 when the Upper holds about 2,200?

Probably about 3,200 if the full bottom tier is allocated, wouldn't surprise me if the end blocks aren't made available if the lower tier is available at all.
  • cafctom said:
    There is not a chance in hell we will have 4,000 tickets for this.
    I thought we sold out both tiers last time we were given them? Certainly both areas looked packed.