Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City | Wednesday 3 October | Post-Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I thought we had two good shouts for a penalty. Chucks and the handball, which I think was the more obvious one. Bonne is behind the player and he uses the top half of his arm to stop the ball going to him.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I think the Chuks one was a penalty and a clear example if you want to demonstrate a ref bottle job to anybody. How can I avoid giving it?
  • Options
    I thought we played well, but Swansea were slightly better.
    2 decent teams.
    I'm amazed how many people scored Cullen above Gallagher.
    Gallagher was excellent.
    Cullen blew hot & cold, sometimes good, other times giving the ball away regularly.
    Agreed. Thought Cullen had a particularly poor first half by his high standards. Gallagher wasnt as involved as he usually is but when in the game was his usual fantastic self. Shame he couldn't finish in the second half after skillfully collecting a pinpoint Williams' pass - feigning to shoot one time too many after bursting into the area.
  • Options
    Just saw a short yellow banner info piece on sky sports news saying a Swansea fan died in London after the Charlton game. Home that’s nothing to do with our nob-head element. 

Was this reported anywhere else?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    MOBY DUCK said:
    Just saw a short yellow banner info piece on sky sports news saying a Swansea fan died in London after the Charlton game. Home that’s nothing to do with our nob-head element. 

Nothing to do with the game or anywhere near it. There’s a report online saying he was the person hit by a train at Earlsfield (it’s between Clapham Junction and Wimbledon). The Welsh paper report says Police were called to the incident at 9.41pm. It’s not being treated as suspicious. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Appreciate LB sees the players every day in training but for me Aneke must start Saturday 
    Do we want to make our first substitution after 30 minutes?

Chucks simply isn't fit enough to start unfortunately. 
    We don't know this.

We've never tried to play him longer!
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

Nothing to do with the game or anywhere near it. There’s a report online saying he was the person hit by a train at Earlsfield (it’s between Clapham Junction and Wimbledon). The Welsh paper report says Police were called to the incident at 9.41pm. It’s not being treated as suspicious. 
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-fan-kidwelly-afc-17027344

A sad story. From the timing, he presumably wasn't even at the game
  • Options
    [1/2] Lee Bowyer has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3 following the EFL Championship fixture between Charlton Athletic and Swansea City on 2 October 2019.

[2/2] It is alleged that the manager’s language – both on the field and in the tunnel area at the end of the fixture – amounts to improper conduct and/or questioned the integrity of the match referee. 

He has until 18:00 on 9 October 2019 to provide a response.
  • Options
    [1/2] Lee Bowyer has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3 following the EFL Championship fixture between Charlton Athletic and Swansea City on 2 October 2019.

[2/2] It is alleged that the manager’s language – both on the field and in the tunnel area at the end of the fixture – amounts to improper conduct and/or questioned the integrity of the match referee. 

He has until 18:00 on 9 October 2019 to provide a response.
    Tell 'em to f##k off Bow😎