Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City | Wednesday 3 October | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bonne looks well out of his depth. But we knew that.
    Didn’t do anything wrong tonight . Better than Chuks
  • Options
    Powder puff up front...Celina for them was shear class.  We rallied at the end but dont forget they have a stack of premiership money so should beat us....onwards and upwards still proud of what we have achieved so far....great finish from Leko...we should have had a penalty slso...
  • Options
    Powder puff up front...Celina for them was shear class.  We rallied at the end but dont forget they have a stack of premiership money so should beat us....onwards and upwards still proud of what we have achieved so far....great finish from Leko...we should have had a penalty slso...
    Yeah Celina looks like a really good player. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Only his second ever start at this level, personally thought his performance Saturday and today were quite alike... 

Saturday we win and he is praised. We lose and he is slated.

Its not a case of him being slated - he just looked a bit out of his depth tonight. He will get better in time but tonight the defenders had him in their pockets all game, he posed very little threat.
  • Options
    Could have scraped a draw but we created little and we miss Taylor. Short on quality but not effort.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Solly and Taylor were huge misses.  Matthews was turned way too easily on a number of occasions and we struggled up front.  Lads gave their all; Swansea were decent and deserved it just but would not have been unfair to get a draw.  Great start to the season, i expect us to tail off but that is to be expected with our budget.  The start gives us a great chance to stay up.

anyone have a view about the 3x penalty incidents?  Aneke looked like he was bundled over and Gallagher was wrestled to the ground plus there was a handball shout if i remember that i did not see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Highlights on quest now
  • Options
    Dhanda might've scored a crucial goal for Swansea tonight...

... but how big is his Dhanda?  ;)
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    How can we get promoted if we don't beat other top teams

BOWYER OUT
    Same way as last season? The fun way 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    They were clearly the fitter team, constantly pressing right up to the end. 

Great finish from Leko and a great start... Shame we couldn’t keep the tempo going. Most of our build up play and attacking movers were so slow, and easily readable. 

Purrington pissed me off tonight, couldn’t string a pass for love or money, and Ayew run riot over him all game. Wing back really is our Achilles heel. Admittedly haven’t watched the highlights but from covered end, their first goal looked really slow.. and maybe Dillon was caught flat footed? 

I did think Chuks was impressive when he came on, he was constantly moving around and won pretty much every flick on he faced.. I’d like to see him starting with Leko running in behind.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Only his second ever start at this level, personally thought his performance Saturday and today were quite alike... 

Its not a case of him being slated - he just looked a bit out of his depth tonight. He will get better in time but tonight the defenders had him in their pockets all game, he posed very little threat.
    Service was where? Strike partner was where?

Alongside any other one of our forward options from the startand I'm certain he'd have looked fine.
  • Options
    Everyone talking about how well Swansea are doing, watching The Debate now and they are saying how great they are doing considering who they lost they probably expected to be around mid table atm.

Ayew is probably on more than our whole squad put together.

They have alot of decent players and yes top atm is probably better than they expected but they should be top 6 no question
  • Options
    Feeling disappointed and a draw would have been fair. Didn’t have the finesse to push on and get back in the game. Played some great stuff at times. Leko holds the ball up well, crowd get excited and then he brings us back to reality by passing to an opposition player. Gallagher is awesome. Worked hard but Swansea were better. Ref lost it towards the end and their 23 was a ‘orrible cheat. Frustrating and I’m tired so taking the loss it quite badly as haven’t seen us lose for so long. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know Forster-Caskey come on but didn't notice him at all - watched on Sky
    He was playing LB, not midfield, so maybe not where you expected LL? 
    I watched on sky, didn't notice JFC do anything, at all, good or bad. 
    Was at the Valley.

JFC did a fair bit of running off the ball and helped keep the shape. And he touched the ball a few times in the short period he was on, making no mistakes that I recall. He also attempted to put a cross in, but it was blocked. He also took a quick free kick that was intelligent, but the picky ref stopped because Ayew was not where the ref wanted him to be (not fair on Charlton that).

I liked JFC before his injury. I remember that epic Pompey away day in April 2018 and he was particularly superb.  I hope he can gradually build back up after a difficult injury, in the same way Bowyer has managed the fragile, but brilliant Williams. I personally feel this needs patience from us fans. Today was a step forward for him. 
    April 2018 was a long time ago. Hope he can get back.
  • Options
    Swansea were a good team. Hard pressed us the whole game and wore us down in the second half. I thought we looked good in the first half. Matthews had a good half but they seemed to be targeting him in the 2nd and he faded badly. Gallagher gave 100% as always. Good goal from Leko but I thought at the time it might have come too early. 

But, Swansea were a good team - better than Leeds I thought. Maybe Bows was actually out coached in the 2nd half as we seemed to lose our way a bit. Certainly didn't have that cutting edge up front and, whichever way you slice it, we do miss Taylor.

Ayew and Celina I thought looked good for them. 

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Still punching above our weight. The Championship is a very tough league.
  • Options
    Missed the first half hour, but on what I did see I'd say it was a fair result. Defended well, but didn't create much. Missing Taylor.

What did everyone think of their disallowed goal in the second half.  From the angle on tv, I reckon they were robbed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The team performances weren't that different in both games either really, especially up front where in both games we struggled to keep possession and create decent openings. 
  • Options
    No complaints , the best team won
  • Options
    Was struggling to work out our formation, even before Purrington went off as Field seemed to be playing as a left CB (in a 3) for much of the time with Purrington much further forward, indeed he had a lot of the ball in attacking positions (to little effect really).