Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crossbars Today - what a shambles

Comments

• Options
    First visit of the season today to Crossbars/Fans Bar or whatever it is called now. Was a last minute thing due to our parking location. What an utter shambles. Took about 15 minutes to be served by some very young, well meaning and well mannered but thoroughly ill-trained staff. Short measures, no clue on drinks, inability to use payment machines, a supervisor who was as much use as a chocolate fireplace etc. And all for £5.10 a pint.  We won’t be doing that again. Back to the Buglehorn for us. Quite dreadful. Far worse than when we visited last year.  Is it this bad all the time?  Sort it out Mr Keoghan. Oh wait.......
    If you lay down with dogs, don't be surprised to get fleas.
    Lingering in a piggery and being surprised it smells of excrement.

Not a penny more!
  • Options
    ads said:
    no lager on draft in west upper
    also they run out of pies 

however the sausage rolls are unreal!.

+1 for the sausage roll. Hands down the best thing I've had at the valley.
    I don't think Drs should be recommending that muck
    Doctor's arent as good as you think!

At my workplace, half the Doctors are always outside smoking cigarettes.
  • Options

Going back a bit now, but at the Doncaster semi my boy got to Crossbars before me and quite sensibly ordered four pints to save queing up again.

Was charged £47!!

While all around collapsed in laughter the obviously ill-trained lad behind the bar hadn't a clue about how to rectify the situation, which of course led to delay in serving other people.

It really is a shambles, every home game but it will not change so pointless complaining.

If only there were more DECENT pubs in the locality.

• Options
    Why I don't use it.....
  • Options
    people don't tend to moan if we win either. 
  • Options
    Some of the pints they serve in there are hilarious! 1/4 of it head, and they deem it acceptable. One of the servers poured half a pint of head and asked the guy who ordered the pint if that looked right. 
  • Options
    Headbars. It could work... 
  • Options
    people don't tend to moan if we win either. 
    I moan win lose or draw
  • Options
    no lager on draft in west upper
    also they run out of pies 

however the sausage rolls are unreal!.
    Ran out of draft in the NU too before the game had even started.
  • Options
    First visit of the season today to Crossbars/Fans Bar or whatever it is called now. Was a last minute thing due to our parking location. What an utter shambles. Took about 15 minutes to be served by some very young, well meaning and well mannered but thoroughly ill-trained staff. Short measures, no clue on drinks, inability to use payment machines, a supervisor who was as much use as a chocolate fireplace etc. And all for £5.10 a pint.  We won’t be doing that again. Back to the Buglehorn for us. Quite dreadful. Far worse than when we visited last year.  Is it this bad all the time?  Sort it out Mr Keoghan. Oh wait.......
    It's always the same. Different agency staff every game, who whilst being friendly, couldn't be more clueless if they tried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely serving bottled booze would help solve a problem.
  • Options
    ........better still, don't buy anything in there and line the pockets of local traders instead.
  • Options
    Do they ever massively undercharge?
  • Options
    At the end of the day they are not bothered.
    They know most weeks they will be nearly packed out.
    Nearly every time i went in there last season i was either telling them to pour me a different pint or shouting at them to turn the telly up.

• Options
    We hear the same every game, can't see why people still go in there & if you can't go 15 mins at halftime without a drink then you have a problem. Not a penny more !

I don't think it's open at half time?  Only before and after the game.
  • Options
    We hear the same every game, can't see why people still go in there & if you can't go 15 mins at halftime without a drink then you have a problem. Not a penny more !

If only more fans took that attitude....the half time queue would be much shorter

anybody not needing a drink at half time on a hot day clearly wasn’t doing their bit to support the team during the first 45 minutes
  • Options

yeah its open at half time, they just cant serve until the whistle blows.
  • Options

Shouting and singing on a summers day is thirsty work. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

yeah its open at half time, they just cant serve until the whistle blows.
    As long as the blinds are closed, 15 minutes prior to kick off, ie you can’t see the pitch, they can serve until the KO, the same rule applies at HT.
  • Options
    Remember being in a box at Anfield and we had to stop drinking 5 minutes before kick off.

After kick off the box holder asked if we'd like a cup of coffee - yes please I say.

He then says red or white? 
  • Options

Yes, it's open at HT. 
    Unbelievable seeing a 100 long queue at the North Upper bar, when you can stroll down the stairs and get served asap.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Shouting and singing on a summers day is thirsty work.   BYO bottle of water, better for the vocal chords, alcohol is injurious to your singing voice. not a penny more
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The match day catering is it's so bad I never really pick up anything unless I'm desperate. I go out of my way to bring snacks for my boy so I don't have to buy him some crap wrapped in foil at half time. Providing decent food isn't all that hard ffs. 
  • Options
    I can understand people wanting to go to games, meet mates, cheer on the lads blah, blah, blah but do you really have to give Roland more money for overpriced beer and crap food? 
  • Options
    With me, before my hip replacement it was a case of it is so near and easier to the ground with the aid of a lift. On previous home game it was a case of being easier for the Swan to get a bus to Welling to go to a BBQ. Last home game previous we were 50/50 and ended up in the Swan due to cheaper and one of us lives in Bexleyheath and myself I can jump a 53 to Greenwich. After last weeks game it was a case of "Yes definitely the Swan". Much better beer selection, cheaper, better service and good exercise for me going up that steep hill. 
  • Options
    I can understand people wanting to go to games, meet mates, cheer on the lads blah, blah, blah but do you really have to give Roland more money for overpriced beer and crap food? 
    You’re not though, it’s already franchised out. 
  • Options
    Do they pay for the contract 

no sales 

no renewing of contract 
  • Options
    Yes but if they didn’t make enough, better still any, sales then they wouldn’t renew the contract or would seek a huge reduction and Roland would lose out.