Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crossbars Today - what a shambles

First visit of the season today to Crossbars/Fans Bar or whatever it is called now. Was a last minute thing due to our parking location. What an utter shambles. Took about 15 minutes to be served by some very young, well meaning and well mannered but thoroughly ill-trained staff. Short measures, no clue on drinks, inability to use payment machines, a supervisor who was as much use as a chocolate fireplace etc. And all for £5.10 a pint.  We won’t be doing that again. Back to the Buglehorn for us. Quite dreadful. Far worse than when we visited last year.  Is it this bad all the time?  Sort it out Mr Keoghan. Oh wait.......

Comments

• Imagine using a forum to complain about a bad experience at a bar at Charlton.... 
  • First visit of the season today to Crossbars/Fans Bar or whatever it is called now. Was a last minute thing due to our parking location. What an utter shambles. Took about 15 minutes to be served by some very young, well meaning and well mannered but thoroughly ill-trained staff. Short measures, no clue on drinks, inability to use payment machines, a supervisor who was as much use as a chocolate fireplace etc. And all for £5.10 a pint.  We won’t be doing that again. Back to the Buglehorn for us. Quite dreadful. Far worse than when we visited last year.  Is it this bad all the time?  Sort it out Mr Keoghan. Oh wait.......
    So a normal match day at Crossbars then...
  • Delays to getting anything winds you up. But outside of that it can be quite amusing. 

For the Forest game I bought a pint of lager and a lemonade for me and my boy (about £28). Some bizarre system in place where a different person is responsible for the money element. Had drinks, but waited 5-10 mins to pay.

Went down the far end to meet mates, went to the other bar down that end and ordered the same. Was told ‘we don’t sell lemonade’. I said ‘what you talking about, there’s a 2 litre bottle of RWhites there’. ‘Oh, we’re only allowed to use that to top up beers.’. 

Anyway, after much negotiation I managed to secure them pulling the thing they top up beers with ‘lemonade’ into a glass. The one who takes money is now completely perplexed ‘what they f*** do I put that through the till as??’.

They girl just said don’t, treat it as tap water.

So my boy got a free pint of lemonade 
    £28 ??????
  • Exaggeration 
  • Bartrams was a shambles first home game of the season. Me and some mates queued for 40mins. Staff spent most of the time pissing about and not serving anyone.

Stuck to the surrounding pubs or in the ground since.
  • Roland will be furious.
  • Sponsored links:

• £8 for a pie. Na!
  • edited September 2019
    Pringle said:
    If they'd wanted us to enjoy it they'd have called it Happybars. 

• £8 for a pie. Na!
    Bloody hell, is that really what it is?

£6.20 for a G&T is bad enough...
  • It’s an easy place for all my group to meet in with kids etc bit fcuk me they don’t make it easy, shocking service in there and it’s even worse this season (if that was possible!)

the bar staff literally have no clue at all
  • Biggest shambles in there yesterday was somebody messing about with the Sky box when the Norwich Man City game was on. It’s showing the game, people are watching it, don’t touch the buttons.
  • Also, and not just in Crossbars, that new payment system. A vast improvement and, not that I ever want a receipt, but you don’t get to see what amount you are paying and nobody once offered me one
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, and not just in Crossbars, that new payment system. A vast improvement and, not that I ever want a receipt, but you don’t get to see what amount you are paying and nobody once offered me one
    Better than my efforts. I didn’t get any change and had to go back!
  • It's like Roland has completely given up on the football side of things and is now putting every last drop of his knowledge & expertise in the hospitality and catering sector!
    Pop over to St Truiden, you can see the prototype! 😉
  • It was worse in the ground, I went to North lower bar at half-time,  3 people serving, each taking your order, then payment and then going to get your drinks/food, no pints pre pulled ready to go and the bar I was at only had Heineken on tap which none wanted as it's £5.10 a pint so the bar staff had to go across to the next bar to get Foster's and then come back.

I got to the bar 5 minutes before half time, got served just as the second half started, missed the Brum goal so not all bad!! 
  • This is what I posted on FB yesterday.

In fans bar at CAFC and service is crap. No-one there but customers. 8 staff and I am in the middle. Got asked to go to one side of the bar. After 10 mins waiting finally got "served". Asked for a pint of coke. Reply. "Oh we don't do pints of coke!". WTF?? How ridiculous. Why not? "Oh we only sell bottles. I asked since when? Since last week. I walked away before losing it.  How can you go into an empty bat when you are 1 of 3 customers, and have to wait for one of them to be served to then be told after needless waiting to be served that they don't do pints of coke. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    This is what I posted on FB yesterday.

In fans bar at CAFC and service is crap. No-one there but customers. 8 staff and I am in the middle. Got asked to go to one side of the bar. After 10 mins waiting finally got "served". Asked for a pint of coke. Reply. "Oh we don't do pints of coke!". WTF?? How ridiculous. Why not? "Oh we only sell bottles. I asked since when? Since last week. I walked away before losing it.  How can you go into an empty bat when you are 1 of 3 customers, and have to wait for one of them to be served to then be told after needless waiting to be served that they don't do pints of coke. 
    That doesnt make a lot of sense.
  • edited September 2019
    Hmm not sure which end is the short straw, waiting ages for a drink ( and not getting it) or watching the football!

• Rudders22 said:
    This is what I posted on FB yesterday.

I agree I do find it odd they don't do pints of coke but to be fair the bottles of pepsi they sell cost £2.70 and do fill up a pint glass and is cheaper than the £4.10 they were charging for a pint of coke last season. This has also been the case since the Forest game.

The Stoke game I was stunned to be charged £3.50 for a can of pepsi to be poured into a pint glass as the 'pint of coke' option. I can only assume the feedback I and others gave the club from this made them review this and decide to go with £2.70 for a bottle.

That said, agreed, service is often terrible, one of them couldn't even understand that I wanted a pint glass for my bottle of pepsi.
  • I arrived and stood at the bar in the middle and got asked to go to behind one person in the queue who was at the right hand side of the bar.  7 other staff members were available to serve me. They stood around doing nothing. I waited 10 minutes whilst they slowly served the guy in front of me. They couldn't get measures right for that guy. When I got asked next what I wanted I asked for a Pint of coke (I had an hangover). The lady said "oh we don't sell pints of coke". I asked "why not? I have always had it". She replied "we stopped that last week, we only sell it in bottles".  With a hangover and not fancying a beer I did not want to pay for a small bottle of coke and have to back again like I did before. 
  • edited September 2019
    Just throwing it out there, but could the card only queues not have a sign above the till ? Or even better, have them set up so they can take cash or cards ?