Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are lucky to have an owner like Duchatelet

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Duchatelet is a prick.

I love what Bowyer is doing on the pitch but he should keep his fucking gob shut about what fans should think of the owner.
    This 100%. Also I think Bowyer would prefer to have kept the team together & build on that rather than starting from scratch every season. 
    This 0 per cent. Anyone swearing at King Bowyer needs their head examined. Hé was comparing us to Bury and Bolton, and I agréé with him.
    But he wasn't just doing that @jimmymelrose. If that was all he'd said I would have had no issue.

He added: "..... for me he’s doing what an owner should do. I don’t know what more the fans want, he’s done and doing the right thing" He’s done everything an owner should be doing". 

That is an incredibly narrow and short term view, ignoring both the past and the future potential problems that arise from Duchatelet's ownership.

Lee doesn't need to stroke Duchatelet's ego. He doesn't need to slag him off either. He just needs to follow his own mantra and "keep winning". That's the way to keep onside with Duchatelet.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I see Roland as a disease and Bowyer as a pill that manages that disease.  I worry about when we run out of pills but in the meantime, since Bowyer has been manager, despite some real nonsense from Roland, we have not and are not doing so bad. We should never forget we have the disease though.

I would also say that if Bowyer feels the need to stroke Roland's ego, he shouldn't be criticised for it. I'm sure it is all about January.. 
  • Options
    I see Roland as a disease and Bowyer as a pill that manages that disease.  I worry about when we run out of pills but in the meantime, since Bowyer has been manager, despite some real nonsense from Roland, we have not and are not doing so bad. We should never forget we have the disease though.

I would also say that if Bowyer feels the need to stroke Roland's ego, he shouldn't be criticised for it. I'm sure it is all about January.. 
    Bowyer went further and wasn’t far away from criticising the fans. 
  • Options
    Ok I’ve bitten, thread title is a bleeding insult, only thing I’m going to thank Roland for is when he sells the club.
  • Options
    I agree with Doctor Muttley.

The pills we are taking are called Loanee pills, at the moment we are taking 6, though only 5 at any one time.
    Duchateletitis will continue to flare up and the loanee pills have to be exchanged for other Loanee pills which mayn't have the same affect. 
    Long term this will only get worst if we don't have major surgery. 
    Because we can't get this operation on the NHS, we have to go private but DHS keeps putting the price up to potential investors in this modern surgery.

Catch 22. 

• Options
    Since the change in strategy after we got relegated - I.e the dropping of the network / Roland known managers - rd hasn’t done too much wrong - alright, we got slade and robbo instead of wilder which probably would have accelerated things by s few years but I tend to agree that the gripes at the moment are now just normal type of fan gripes - I.e we want him to spend more - there are pros and cons with that of course as it will only increase debt - we can all predict a crash but we have been predicting that after every window gif the last year or so but it hasn’t happened so as far as I’m concerned, performance  on the pitch is my only barometer and it continues on an upward trajectory 
  • Options

Debt 60m and counting to Roland,Charlton are one step away from being the new Bolton.

When the sun shines most people are happy and forget what the owner has done to us ,winter is not far away and Roland is no better now than when he first purchased the club.

As for Bowyer have nothing against him what he has done for our club and will Always be afan of him.

One step away from being the new Bolton? All the debt is owed to Roland so unless he sells the club cheap and his debt kept on the books and able to demand repayment on it (which the price he wants suggests not) I'm not sure how we can be one step away from being the new Bolton who simply ran out of money? Unless I'm missing something?

Charlton do not have any money,Roland does and when he has had enough of us it will come as a shock just how much of the brown stuff we are standing in.

The money which we have to repay back to Roland will just increase all the time he is owner of our club.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Debt 60m and counting to Roland,Charlton are one step away from being the new Bolton.

When the sun shines most people are happy and forget what the owner has done to us ,winter is not far away and Roland is no better now than when he first purchased the club.

As for Bowyer have nothing against him what he has done for our club and will Always be afan of him.

One step away from being the new Bolton? All the debt is owed to Roland so unless he sells the club cheap and his debt kept on the books and able to demand repayment on it (which the price he wants suggests not) I'm not sure how we can be one step away from being the new Bolton who simply ran out of money? Unless I'm missing something?

Charlton do not have any money,Roland does and when he has had enough of us it will come as a shock just how much of the brown stuff we are standing in.

The money which we have to repay back to Roland will just increase all the time he is owner of our club.

But wouldn't Roland's vastly over-inflated asking price include the debt he's owed? This being why no-one has bought the club yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019

But wouldn't Roland's vastly over-inflated asking price include the debt he's owed? This being why no-one has bought the club yet?
    Yup.....at least a decent portion of it. He can ask what he wants though.....he won’t get it. 
  • Options
    I reckon it's a cunning plan to get his fingers in Roland's wallet to get Lyle' signed on a long-term contract.
  • Options
    Assuming those quotes are accurate, Bowyer's just gone down massively in my estimation.  He can quietly accept what a tool TwoShits has been without being an apologist for him.
    Reading 0 Charlton 2.  I guess Bowyer is forgiven.
  • Options
    Its an interesting question though to see what RD's attitude might be come in December if we are in top 6. OK , theres no reason through his historical decisions that he would do anything any differently, but if you think of the fact that we are no longer signing European nohopes, but genrally British players then he has obviously changed his tune there - i wonder if the whiff of the Holy Grail might make him think he could get his money back by investing a tad.
    I might go and ask him come December. 
  • Options
    I think this was a smart move by Lee. Just like Macron subdued Trump at the G7 by sucking up to him a little, this backhanded compliment will make RD feel better and might even loosen him up in regards to resigning Taylor (or Bowyer!) before it’s too late. As a famous politician once said “Always throw your golf club in the direction you are going.” I think critics of this need to look at the bigger picture and see the excellent politicking going on here.
  • Options
    It is our job to get the owner out. It is Bowyer's job to get as much out of the yellow toothed old scrote as he possibly can. 
  • Options
    ROLAND OUT!
  • Options
    there has been a change in the owners actions. He still needs to go but when you compare how Bowyer has been allowed to do things his own way its not comparable to the interference other managers have had. Bowyer im sure was asked a question and answered it based on the experiences he has had rather then what previous managers have.

I don't think this is mind games from Bowyer I don't think he is that sort of person but he is the sort of person who will give an honest opinion regardless of what we all might think
    The Belgian can smell BIG dough, he's not going anywhere.

I think Bowyer 'gets' Charlton but will get an offer he cannot refuse if we maintain a top 10 position.  A big if though.
    I agree he aint going anywhere your right he has one eye on the premier league now. How ironic would promotion be. Whilst I do not think its going to happen ive just stuck a tenner on promotion at 16-1. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Duchatelet is a prick.

I love what Bowyer is doing on the pitch but he should keep his fucking gob shut about what fans should think of the owner.
    This 100%. Also I think Bowyer would prefer to have kept the team together & build on that rather than starting from scratch every season. 
    And just how many times can he do that? Reckon the thought of getting promoted to the Premiership and the cost involved would tip Roland over the edge!