Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer to Huddersfield?!

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure the Leeds fans would really love him if he chose to go and work @ Huddersfield, and reckon he knows it

What next? - Chris Powell to be the next Millwall Manager?
    He's not actually that popular among Leeds fans.
    I know 3 Leeds fans out here and they are always telling me what a legend Bowyer is up there.
    That's what Leeds fans have told me as well.
  • Options
    Two words - Nathan Jones.
  • Options
    What is the carp fishing like in Huddersfield ?
  • Options
    Can’t see it myself think bowyer has a job here that he wants to see through. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Supprised no one's supposably spotted him at Kings Cross station yet , waiting for a train !
    It's worse than that... 

I wish he would take that play off medal off. It’s so last season. 
    When he leaves he should be made to donate it to some form of historical archive relating to our club's history.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Supprised no one's supposably spotted him at Kings Cross station yet , waiting for a train !
    It's worse than that... 

When he leaves he should be made to donate it to some form of historical archive relating to our club's history.
    If only we had such an archive ...
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    It's worse than that... 

The Take Over thread
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    It's worse than that... 

Definitely- Think it would look good in your front room mate. 
  • Options
    It aint gonna happen, Bowyer to Hudd's that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This concerns me, bookie a rarely out of pocket. Odds like that don’t randomly appear for no reason. 
    Employment , especially for a coach at Charlton, isn’t that secure. Your only as good as your last couple of games or your last comment to the press.
  • Options
    Next manager odds swing all over the place.  He is a very wealthy man and is lucky he does not need to chase the wage so only reason to go would be their budget and chance of success.  They would certainly be better than us in that regards but the issue with Huddersfield is it is in Huddersfield and therefore shit.  Lee is way likely to wait for a better club before he leaves us IMO.
  • Options
    .charltonkeston said:
    This concerns me, bookie a rarely out of pocket. Odds like that don’t randomly appear for no reason. 
    Employment , especially for a coach at Charlton, isn’t that secure. Your only as good as your last couple of games or your last comment to the press.
    And a bookie would be out of pocket if punters backed Bowyer even though he’s not likely to leave Charlton ?

• Options
    I'm sure the Leeds fans would really love him if he chose to go and work @ Huddersfield, and reckon he knows it

What next? - Chris Powell to be the next Millwall Manager?
    He's not actually that popular among Leeds fans.
    I know 3 Leeds fans out here and they are always telling me what a legend Bowyer is up there.
    Likewise.
    I'm glad to say I know no Leeds fans and long may it stay that way.
  • Options
    Perhaps Roland put a bet on for a laugh, knowing how we’d react.

Maybe there’s truth in it like when Robinson was favourite for the Oxford job.

Or maybe it won’t happen, like when Jackson was linked with the Luton job.

They might want Bowyer but he could turn them down.
  • Options
    Supprised no one's supposably spotted him at Kings Cross station yet , waiting for a train jotting down train numbers !
    Fixed.  He is an Addick first and foremost.
  • Options
    Bizarrely we're one of the more secure clubs now. Not sacked a manager since Slade nearly 3 years ago
  • Options
    I have always thought that managers should only be allowed to move in the transfer windows and I cannot think of any reason why that should not happen.
  • Options
    .charltonkeston said:
    And a bookie would be out of pocket if punters backed Bowyer even though he’s not likely to leave Charlton ?

You know that he is staying or you hope he is staying?
    Why give odds on if they know it’s without substance? If he was an outside bet his odds would surely be longer. The odds are very short, in fact odds like that normally means nailed on.

• Options
    Well, at the end of the day, it’s all down to Lee Bowyer as to whether he stays or goes .. Whatever will be will be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a chance of him going to Huddersfield 
  • Options
    Bizarrely we're one of the more secure clubs now. Not sacked a manager since Slade nearly 3 years ago
    Yet we were told via the official site a matter of weeks ago that the cloob would be looking for a new coach only to be told the next day Bowyer had signed a new one contract. 
    I seriously doubt that any other club in our league would make their staff fell less secure.
  • Options
    No way would/could Lee now jump ship for more money after effectively  blocking Lyle’s move barely a month ago. Anyway, he is Charlton t hrough and through! 😀
  • Options
    Sevenoaks or Huddersfield?!
  • Options
    Seems unlikely that Huddersfield would have enough of an attraction career wise for Bowyer apart of course from offering a lot more money. Never say never but I think and hope it’s unlikely. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    are you forgetting that LB has already lived for quite a time in Yorkshire and if this was Leeds Utd come calling I think he would again.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    are you forgetting that LB has already lived for quite a time in Yorkshire and if this was Leeds Utd come calling I think he would again.
    Some good fishing lakes in Yorkshire 
  • Options
    He makes money from professional football and has done so since he joined us as a youngster and promptly left aged 19, (I think). It’s a nomadic lifestyle and one with little loyalty either way. It’s quite well known he isn’t exactly on the breadline without football and as such can pretty well please himself what he does. He holds all the cards when it comes to employment at present, his stock is on the rise  and will be mentioned when most jobs come up. 

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Well, at the end of the day, it’s all down to Lee Bowyer as to whether he stays or goes .. Whatever will be will be. 
    It is what it is.