Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer to Huddersfield?!

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    @bobmunro What's your view on Paddy Power offering odds on the next Huddersfield manager?  Do you think there's a possibility of a conflict of interest? 

None at all. They also offer odds on Huddersfield games and that isn't a conflict either.

PP are a shirt sponsor and as such would have no legitimate access to internal club affairs.

Thanks. What made me think about it is when you said that Bet365 would offer odds on Stoke games (because they don't know what the outcome will be) but wouldn't offer odds on Stoke player dealings or next manager (because they might).  And for that reason, I wondered if the same could be said of a club's main sponsor. 
  • Options
    Why is it Harris from down the road is never in the betting for vacancies?
    Not a very good manager?
    A true Millwall legend who isn't going anywhere.

He's probably well looked after by the owner, something Roland could learn from.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If he didn’t leave for Derby or Swansea in the summer, I can’t see why he’d suddenly be interested in jumping ship to Huddersfield who are in freefall.
    His stocks even higher than it was in the summer, Huddersfield have £££ and he could probably negotiate a lucrative offer.
    This is my only concern. A big budget to work with and probably 3x what he's on at the moment, plus no shitty owner as somebody above has mentioned.

Regardless of where they sit in the table, I'm sure the money offered could compensate for any doubts Bowyer may have.
    What's the point of a big budget 2 weeks after the window closes? Huddersfield could still be around the relegation places by the time the new manager can change things

Huddersfield hardly splashed the cash in the summer anyway, they're not a Derby or Fulham

already got a team that's more than good enough to compete in the championship and arguably one of the best strikers in the league is there already.

Only a few months then he can start the process of building his own team, I'm sure that's how they'd pitch it to him. With their parachute payments i'm sure they're not short of a few quid.
    Hardly. I could think of half a dozen better than Grant, if not more

half a dozen out of 24 teams who probably have 3/4 strikers in their squad. top 6/7 out of 116 strikers he's arguably one of the best then... isn't he?
  • Options
    I cannot believe this would happen, with the squad he has assembled 
  • Options
    Curbs 16/1?
  • Options
    I'm sure the Leeds fans would really love him if he chose to go and work @ Huddersfield, and reckon he knows it

What next? - Chris Powell to be the next Millwall Manager?
    He's not actually that popular among Leeds fans.
    I know 3 Leeds fans out here and they are always telling me what a legend Bowyer is up there.
    I live in Leeds, and they were not happy with how he left them and they reckon he chased his money when they were in financial trouble.
  • Options
    Supprised no one's supposably spotted him at Kings Cross station yet , waiting for a train !
    Where’s that geezer who’s mate was a trialist? 

he’s probably in the know....
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    @bobmunro What's your view on Paddy Power offering odds on the next Huddersfield manager?  Do you think there's a possibility of a conflict of interest? 

None at all. They also offer odds on Huddersfield games and that isn't a conflict either.

PP are a shirt sponsor and as such would have no legitimate access to internal club affairs.

Thanks. What made me think about it is when you said that Bet365 would offer odds on Stoke games (because they don't know what the outcome will be) but wouldn't offer odds on Stoke player dealings or next manager (because they might).  And for that reason, I wondered if the same could be said of a club's main sponsor. 
    bet365 own Stoke City - bit different from being a shirt sponsor.
  • Options
    As we all know, in football, money talks. But I don’t think Bowyer is doing this job entirely for the money. I think he’s doing it for the enjoyment of the challenge. Does that mean he won’t go to another club at some point? Of course not. But I think he knows when that right opportunity will come and I honestly don’t think this is it and I don’t think he will either. His stock is very high right now and I am sure it will stay that way throughout the season.

Now may be a good time to be offering Bowyer a better and extended contract though Roland!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we should let him go if we want to break even and get in someone more affordable or we'll end up like Bury.

Only joking I'm a football fan & I want my cake and eat it :-)
  • Options
    Without meaning to cause any disrespect to people who have commented on this but, 70 (seventy) posts on Bowyer being Huddersfield manager.....

He's not stupid enough to know he's on a good thing at the moment and to realise the grass isn't always greener. He's built this from scratch against all expectations. 

He just don't need that pressure at this stage of his managerial career, if Fulham, Brighton, Southampton, West ham, or dare I say it Palace came calling then yes, it could be worth that risk, but Huddersfield, come on for christ sake. 
  • Options
    Supprised no one's supposably spotted him at Kings Cross station yet , waiting for a train !
    I am at St Pancras at the moment, i’ll Keep an eye out 👀
  • Options
    Without meaning to cause any disrespect to people who have commented on this but, 70 (seventy) posts on Bowyer being Huddersfield manager.....

He's not stupid enough to know he's on a good thing at the moment and to realise the grass isn't always greener. He's built this from scratch against all expectations. 

He just don't need that pressure at this stage of his managerial career, if Fulham, Brighton, Southampton, West ham, or dare I say it Palace came calling then yes, it could be worth that risk, but Huddersfield, come on for christ sake. 

So our manager is odds on to be next huddersfield manager, and it's not worthy of a discussion?

• Options
    He will be odds on for any job. 

This happens 20 times a season  just cause someone's odds on for a job doesn't mean he's spoken to the other club. 
  • Options
    We really can’t catch a break at the moment, Bowyer odds on favourite for the Huddersfield job?!

Guess the rumour mill is up and running yet again....

Sky fishing for mug punters who will think if it’s odds on it might be true ?
  • Options
    Bowyer stumbled into management. He has admitted this. He is happy where he is, lives local & only a couple of hours from his lakes. Maybe a bit naive from me, but i cant see him leaving unless its for a prem club. 

Look at what he has done with our budget, if we struggle & go down = blame the budget ect. 

Now if he goes to a struggling team with £££ to spend, it could bite him in the arse if they still struggle after splashing the cash.

He is a smart bloke, he wont leave.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

This happens 20 times a season  just cause someone's odds on for a job doesn't mean he's spoken to the other club. 
    It's only a discussion mate, I thought that's what CharltonLife was for when I registered.
  • Options
    Grant has just tweeted

"Great to see Bows again. Can't wait to start working with him again. UTT"
    And I just saw Jacko tweeting a selfie of him next to the Harold Wilson statue
  • Options
    I haven't looked at the other betting sites but are we sure it's not just jim white trying to give us some shit because we all think/know he's a complete plank and a chancer?
  • Options
    Just been spotted coming out of Greggs in New Street.

• Options

It's only a discussion mate, I thought that's what CharltonLife was for when I registered.
    Someone probably has put a tenner on him. I guarantee someone puts £10 on one of the others and they will be the new odds on favorite. 
  • Options

Someone probably has put a tenner on him. I guarantee someone puts £10 on one of the others and they will be the new odds on favorite. 
    put £10 on Mark Hudson and see how you get on.
  • Options
    Grant has just tweeted

"Great to see Bows again. Can't wait to start working with him again. UTT"
    And I just saw Jacko tweeting a selfie of him next to the Harold Wilson statue
    Looks like they are all going then.

Never rated them anyway, got lucky last year, football was negative and dirty. We can do better.
  • Options

put £10 on Mark Hudson and see how you get on.
    Nah, got Bowyer when he was 12s