Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Aug | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Ref was shite. One of ours had both legs hacked by their 17 early doors. Nowhere near ball. He feigned injury and didn't get carded.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I broke my boycott of The Valley today, first time in forever £45 on the door for me and my boy 

Did we have more than one shot on target? I thought we were very fortunate to get away with all 3 points, somehow our defence kept a clean sheet and I don't know how. I was very happy to see the back of Brentford's number 3, he got behind us way too often

A good atmosphere for most of the game although VFR gets sung at 1000mph with a polite clap to ourselves for remembering the words I guess.

Great result

Welcome back... The rest of us will keep the football club going when you feel the need to come back. BTW you weren't missed. 
     I hope this is a whoosh, but absolute dick comment 
    I think I know where this is coming from. First time in forever? Extrapolate please.
  • Options
    Taylor needs to step up and start scoring goals. His crisis of confidence has brought about his goal drought.

He needs to forget about coloured boots and fancy highlighted hair and start getting the basics right.
    I'll leave others to comment, I think.

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Leuth said:
    Looks to me like it's Cullen who makes the miracle block in the last minute 
    Looks like it may have been Field to me (height wise).
    Definitely Field
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    Taylor needs to step up and start scoring goals. His crisis of confidence has brought about his goal drought.

He needs to forget about coloured boots and fancy highlighted hair and start getting the basics right.
    I'll leave others to comment, I think.

I was tempted as today was the first league game of five he hasn't scored in but don't need a whoosh this time of night. Oh sod it;  ;)

Lyle Taylor

Charlton

113 mins   per goal

450 mins  played

4 Goals scored

1 Assists

Shots on target

Total

78%
    7 from 9
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Leuth said:
    Definitely Field
    Hemed’s intervention saved a certain goal - ended up tangled with the Bees player on the line whilst the scramble carried on.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hemed definitely seems a handful!

Phillips has been quality, and not to say he still isn’t, but he does worry me...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Joking, drunk or plain stupid ?
    The joint top scorer in the division you're talking about ?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Joking, drunk or plain stupid ?
    The joint top scorer in the division you're talking about ?
    And I think he can be excused a blank today as every man was needed to batten down the hatches so no service.  :o
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Pearce and Field in the double block, just watched it on Quest. There were other blocks,
    Well 22 shots to be precise, which were either blocked by defenders, saved by Philips or went high and wide.

A totally different experience to the Forest game. 
    Great 5 points in 3 games considering both Barnsley and today could have seen defeats on the balance of play.

Charlton invincibles, only 41 more games to stay undefeated !

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Where was Naby? We surrendered possession for most of the match, and it was the complete opposite of the first forty five minutes v. Forest. 

Yes, bodies were put on the line, and it was a valiant defensive performance, but we were very lucky to get anything from the game. The heat definitely didn’t help, and we generally looked a little lethargic. I’m assuming Otzumer wasn’t ready to play again, but a player like that who’s great in tight areas, would have been useful. 
    Brentford's back four were superb.  
    If it's a valiant defensive display, how can it bé lucky? That mâkes no sensé and I think that it is an insult to their bravery and hard work. I thought they were magnificent. They we're like héros out there today. Luck doesn't come into it.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Leuth said:
    I mean the tackle on the goal-line before the blocks from Pearce and Field...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    mendonca said:
    Leuth said:
    I mean the tackle on the goal-line before the blocks from Pearce and Field...
    Hemed
  • Options
    Was out back midway through the first half for the sending off, but what a tremendous backs to the wall defending effort from the 10-men for the rest of the game.

Absolute heroes the lot of them. 
  • Options
    Oh shit ok! If so, wow! You'd not expect that from a striker...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was out back midway through the first half for the sending off, but what a tremendous backs to the wall defending effort from the 10-men for the rest of the game.

Absolute heroes the lot of them. 
    Nope not playing  ;)
  • Options
    You cannot fool me if that is supposed to be Bowyer at his fishing lake. Doesn't look the slightest bit like him.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    An even better performance by Dillon if he had to defend two goals!
  • Options
    The Ian Holloway analogy. (From when had his first stint at QPR)