Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ameobi Challenge. Yellow Or Red

Would love to know people's opinion. Watching it at the ground I thought it was a horrendous challenge and a red card!!!! 

Comments

• Red, both the ref and Lino had a good view of it. He went through the player and then got the ball.
  • Watched on sky was a red but so was Fields
  • Agreed, both were dangerous and reds. Although poetic justice Field's was on Ameobi (I don't want to see any player injured though)
  • Challenge on him or made by him?
  • Definite red. 
  • edited August 2019
    Field got ball and caught him on follow through. Neither Ameobe  foot was tackling.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be annoyed if the Field tackle is retrospectively punished, as Ameobi can't have his yellow upgraded to the red it should have been
  • You can't judge that tackle from this photo. It's quite possible that Field smacked the ball first and it's rebounded off Ameobi before the follow through.
  • edited August 2019
    Field got there 1st and Ameobi is late. Face to face, dangerous. Side on Field could have been injured by a foot nowhere near the ball as he cleared.
  • Anyone got a video or something of the challenge of Oshilaja by Ameobi? I was so far away I couldn’t tell how bad it was, although you can often get a good idea by the reaction of players. Taylor’s told me it was a poor challenge. Be good to try and find it somewhere.
  • Terrible tackles both of them. 
  • Being honest should've probably been two reds, thought the ref had lost control of the game by that point. 
  • Ref was dreadful for both sides. Probably evened it up tbf.
  • Field's was worse/more obvious. How the ref didn't give that I do not know. Looked stonewall.

Ameobi was one of those orange cards, looked worse than it probably was due to the speed he flew in. 
  • Field's was worse/more obvious. How the ref didn't give that I do not know. Looked stonewall.

Ameobi was one of those orange cards, looked worse than it probably was due to the speed he flew in. 
    It was also worse as he knew he was carrying an injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• You watch the video of it and field does get the ball first it’s then the follow through which that still shows, it’s late and is a red and a pen.

Ameobi for me was worse as it was a scissor motion and there was more intent in his lunge than the Field one. Challenge doesn’t happen if ref doesn’t bottle the red on Ameobi 
  • Redrobo said:
    Field's was worse/more obvious. How the ref didn't give that I do not know. Looked stonewall.

It was also worse as he knew he was carrying an injury.
    Field's was worse, proper grim leg snapper.
  • Just seen both on Quest, Both tackles were red. I missed the Field one. However the one on our player by No 19 was horrendous. My initial thought was def a red then changed my mind to yellow was unsure if red. Now seen it on Quest and deffo a red. Player was going to def "harm him" come what may. This was worse than the one on Williams 2 weeks ago. Player went through Williams. I thought red but seen on replay, Yellow/possible red. No 19 on our player was a red on my initial thought. He actually turned into him and had no control. Could have seriously injured him. Thought ref was shit. Was this the one that was 4th official on Sunday and ended up ref the game?  Purrington got hacked. No yellow. Lockyear gets yellow for something that was so soft. Cullen got taken out twice. No yellows and some of their players were shirt pulling and then no yellow. Linesman was also shit in front of East Stand. Gave a throw when ball didn't go out and somehow a foul when a ball bounced 3 times in front of their defender. No-one ner him but lino flagged for a free kick? What for? An invisible Charlton player must have fouled him but there was no-one there. 
  • Lyle also got a yellow for no more than  a few words. Arms by his sides. Poor ref.
  • Red, however so was Fields.
  • Anyone got a gif of the two controversial challenges?
  • That’s a penalty the foul by Fields , thankfully not seen 
  • That’s a penalty the foul by Fields , thankfully not seen 
    Whatever ..... but Amoeba should have already been red carded for the horrific challenge on Oshi.

If the referee hadn't bottled that, the Field incident couldn't have then happened.

• Both reds, Field’s was worse in my opinion.
  • I think Ameobis was a robust challenge like the one done on Williams , take the ball and player , ref saw it and gave a yellow, he didn’t even give a free kick for that potential leg breaker/ penalty ...
    we got away with that