Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Checking ID at The Valley

Comments

• Options
    I bloody hate getting jobsworth stewards and being told what to do on my home gound ffs!
  • Options
    What I would really like to know is what prick introduced all this without really thinking it through.

Has it even been discussed at the supporters meetings (or whatever they are called).

I have to say that the way my Granson was approached by the security guard he was lucky my son didn't lump him, as it was obvious even to a blind man that a 12 year old is under 18.
    I think T_C_E has nailed the culprit behind it.
    A simple warning to those teenagers who look older than they are to bring id in future would have saved a lot of the anger directed  at the club.
  • Options
    What I would really like to know is what prick introduced all this without really thinking it through.

Has it even been discussed at the supporters meetings (or whatever they are called).

I have to say that the way my Granson was approached by the security guard he was lucky my son didn't lump him, as it was obvious even to a blind man that a 12 year old is under 18.
    A simple warning to those teenagers who look older than they are to bring id in future would have saved a lot of the anger directed  at the club.
    Or old gits that look a bit younger 🤠
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Or old gits that look a bit younger 🤠
    Yeah, i'm always being embarrassed by having to prove i'm over 60 for my free bus pass.
  • Options
    And this is where a knowledge of Photoshop comes in handy for a "photocopy"
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Maybe delete this as ppl are more than likely watching. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    WSS said:
    Maybe delete this as ppl are more than likely watching. 
    DOB 23/10/2008
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    DOUCHER said:

RD has made a right mess of running the club which will end up costing him a lot of money - what he can't be accused of however is ripping fans off by raising ticket prices. That will be the topic for a future owner and future protests I'm sure. Its all good at the moment - the football is very good, the atmosphere is very good, the season ticket prices are very good. If you are border line under 18 or 11 or over 65 and are getting your knickers in a twist about having to carry a form of ID, then you need to get some real problems to get angry about. Personally, i haven't cheated the system but i can see why people have and do accept that a lot of those wouldn't have done so in the past and it is about RD. However, its understandable them clamping down on it now.             

You maybe happy 'showing your papers' to self appointed authoritarians.

Members of my family fought (and died) in wars to save us from that kind of intrusion.

There is a principle of personal freedom here. We are too willing to follow corporate diktats regarding required papers, payment methods etc. It's about time we kicked back against unreasonable behaviour.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

RD has made a right mess of running the club which will end up costing him a lot of money - what he can't be accused of however is ripping fans off by raising ticket prices. That will be the topic for a future owner and future protests I'm sure. Its all good at the moment - the football is very good, the atmosphere is very good, the season ticket prices are very good. If you are border line under 18 or 11 or over 65 and are getting your knickers in a twist about having to carry a form of ID, then you need to get some real problems to get angry about. Personally, i haven't cheated the system but i can see why people have and do accept that a lot of those wouldn't have done so in the past and it is about RD. However, its understandable them clamping down on it now.             

Members of my family fought (and died) in wars to save us from that kind of intrusion.

There is a principle of personal freedom here. We are too willing to follow corporate diktats regarding required papers, payment methods etc. It's about time we kicked back against unreasonable behaviour.
    But people not paying the correct amount for their tickets are acting completely reasonably?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

But people not paying the correct amount for their tickets are acting completely reasonably?
    I have repeatedly said that if you catch fraudsters punish them but you do not do that by oppressing the law abiding majority in my opinion anyway.
  • Options
    As seems common over recent years it's been handled really poorly by the club, really poorly.

But for once I do have a little bit of sympathy with the issue if not how it is being handled. They clearly know either from ticket sales, maybe from numerous posts on here and no doubt elsewhere that there are x number of 'customers' abusing the concessions system, so wanting to stop that/crack down is hardly a suprise.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

I have repeatedly said that if you catch fraudsters punish them but you do not do that by oppressing the law abiding majority in my opinion anyway.
    How do you propose they catch them? 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Len, how do you catch them without checking ?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Stop any grown men trying to enter wearing school uniform.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'm taking my passport just in case

Steward will probably wonder how you got his photo
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

I’m not against catching people with the wrong ticket - I’m not happy that all season ticket holders have been informed at 4-50 the day before a game that they are also subject to checks and should carry appropriate ID - although what that is is not specified. This isn’t just about age related concessions, if you turn up with your season and no ID presumably there will be consequences.

This is poorly thought through and on the hoof 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    IAgree said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

I’m not against catching people with the wrong ticket - I’m not happy that all season ticket holders have been informed at 4-50 the day before a game that they are also subject to checks and should carry appropriate ID - although what that is is not specified. This isn’t just about age related concessions, if you turn up with your season and no ID presumably there will be consequences.

It is just about people with a concession ticket, that is the title of the "piece".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Every seat is supposedly under video surveillance as I understand it. The database of tickets can be compared with actual occupants during matches and significant variances investigated afterwards or alternatively stewards can be instructed to target the relevant seats. For example if an under 11seat has an adult in it you send a steward in to investigate.

Different parts of the ground can be targeted in this way depending on where their 'intelligence' suggests the fraud is being committed. 

That system should not impact on decent, law abiding fans at all. It really isn't rocket science. It just requires a little strategic thought.

Too easy though and they don't have the satisfaction of alienating decent law abiding people.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Len, how do you catch them without checking ?
    See above.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

It is just about people with a concession ticket, that is the title of the "piece".
    In panto voice;

OH NO IT ISN'T.......

Season ticket holders are also reminded to bring along appropriate identification alongside their season ticket if challenged. Any fan found to be using another individuals season ticket without informing the ticket office prior to any game will also have their ticket confiscated from them. If any season ticket holder wishes to assign their ticket to another individual, they will need to contact our ticket office with the name and age of the individual the wish to transfer the ticket to.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Every seat is supposedly under video surveillance as I understand it. The database of tickets can be compared with actual occupants during matches and significant variances investigated afterwards or alternatively stewards can be instructed to target the relevant seats. For example if an under 11seat has an adult in it you send a steward in to investigate.

Different parts of the ground can be targeted in this way depending on where their 'intelligence' suggests the fraud is being committed. 

That system should not impact on decent, law abiding fans at all. It really isn't rocket science. It just requires a little strategic thought.

Too easy though and they don't have the satisfaction of alienating decent law abiding people.
    Problem with that is half the ground don't sit in their purchased seats!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

So you still tackle the suspected person, but instead of just inside/outside the turnstile, sort of in private, you do it in the middle of a game, blocking other fan's views and cause a big fight ?

I don't think you've thought this through.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Season ticket holders are also reminded to bring along appropriate identification alongside their season ticket if challenged. Any fan found to be using another individuals season ticket without informing the ticket office prior to any game will also have their ticket confiscated from them. If any season ticket holder wishes to assign their ticket to another individual, they will need to contact our ticket office with the name and age of the individual the wish to transfer the ticket to.”

The post is quite ambiguous- it starts off addressing ID for concessions ( as does the thread ) then throws in the above. Hopefully just a badly written statement however if it’s not then we all need to carry ID and it has the potential to have quite an impact as well as be really annoying.

Seriously who the hell thought this up & posted it at 4-50 etc? Did it come to them in a dream? 

• Options
    Funnily enough, I have used my season ticket as proof of identity.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Rob7Lee said:
    IAgree said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

In panto voice;

OH NO IT ISN'T.......

Season ticket holders are also reminded to bring along appropriate identification alongside their season ticket if challenged. Any fan found to be using another individuals season ticket without informing the ticket office prior to any game will also have their ticket confiscated from them. If any season ticket holder wishes to assign their ticket to another individual, they will need to contact our ticket office with the name and age of the individual the wish to transfer the ticket to.
    Yes, but surely this means concession S/T holders ?
    IE if I tried to get in with a U11 or a seniors S/T ?

There is little logic in challenging anyone paying full price and would mean challenging everyone.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    IAgree said:
    IAgree said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Season ticket holders are also reminded to bring along appropriate identification alongside their season ticket if challenged. Any fan found to be using another individuals season ticket without informing the ticket office prior to any game will also have their ticket confiscated from them. If any season ticket holder wishes to assign their ticket to another individual, they will need to contact our ticket office with the name and age of the individual the wish to transfer the ticket to.”

The post is quite ambiguous- it starts off addressing ID for concessions ( as does the thread ) then throws in the above. Hopefully just a badly written statement however if it’s not then we all need to carry ID and it has the potential to have quite an impact as well as be really annoying.

Seriously who the hell thought this up & posted it at 4-50 etc? Did it come to them in a dream? 

See my post above.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

So you still tackle the suspected person, but instead of just inside/outside the turnstile, sort of in private, you do it in the middle of a game, blocking other fan's views and cause a big fight ?

I don't think you've thought this through.

Rob7Lee said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    DOUCHER said:

Problem with that is half the ground don't sit in their purchased seats! QUOTE PROBLEM WILL TRY AGAIN