Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options
    Is that 7 wins 3 draws and 1 loss for Wigan in last 11 ....crazy form
    In their first 28 games they won 5, drew 8 and lost 15.

Since then 7 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat. They've also kept 6 clean sheets in a row now.

• Options
    Sage said:
    Wigan haven’t conceded in 6 games, winning 5 of them. They’re safe people, no chance of them getting relegated

• Options
    We don't want favours but let's hope we can get some points from the next two games. 

Things will look a bit clearer by then... Key thing is not to get beaten 
  • Options
    2 nil up after 16 minutes always seems a dangerous scoreline in the Championship! 
    Knew it! 

Anyway our fate will be decided by the home games against Reading, Birmingham and Wigan, all winnable 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Wigan haven’t conceded in 6 games, winning 5 of them. They’re safe people, no chance of them getting relegated now.
    I'd mentally discounted them as relegation candidates, a great run of form before the break and then they won comfortably at Huddersfield to show they hadn't lost their momentum

On the other hand a bad result for Stoke today AND they had Powell sent off so he'll miss the game at Wigan
  • Options
    2 nil up after 16 minutes always seems a dangerous scoreline in the Championship! 
    Knew it! 

Anyway our fate will be decided by the home games against Reading, Birmingham and Wigan, all winnable 
    Birmingham game isnt at the Valley
  • Options
    Well those 3 points for us at lunchtime looking even more important now. Have to admit I'm not feeling too confident about how things will be looking this time next week though
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well those 3 points for us at lunchtime looking even more important now. Have to admit I'm not feeling too confident about how things will be looking this time next week though
    Don’t worry, it’s in our own hands. What could possibly go wrong?.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Don’t worry, it’s in our own hands. What could possibly go wrong?.....
    Millwall.
    On Sky.
    Need I say more?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Nah it's all set up, as we're not there to see it, for us to use up 50 years' worth of luck in one game. I'm expecting a plague of locusts to attack their keeper to give us the 5th goal
  • Options
    I'd take two points from the next two games... Just don't get beat!! Simples!

Unfortunately for us Charlton and simple never go in the same sentence!
  • Options

That’s how I’ve seen the 9 games in total! 

JUST DON’T LOSE! 

Easier said than done, of course, but with teams around us playing relegation rivals - as long as we pick up points then we should be ok
  • Options

Lose Tues, win Friday, a point better off.
  • Options

Lose Tues, win Friday, a point better off.
    Win both look great, lose both look awful. 

I think we need Bonne, Hemed and Aneke up top next game. We need our forwards scoring. 
  • Options
    Well looking at the Cardiff win at Preston we shouldn't be sitting back because they are good going forward.. I hope we take the game to them and for this one game play three up front. 
  • Options
    The Millwall game is looking even more important to our survival hopes now. I know this is a crazy league (see Luton winning at Swansea yesterday as a perfect example), but i honestly don't expect much from the trips to Cardiff and Brentford. Therefore it's going to be vital we pick up something from the Millwall game, as even just 1 point could be crucial in a few weeks time given we have a better goal difference than most clubs down there.
  • Options
    On the plus side i think if Hull don't beat Middlesbrough in midweek then they've got a really tough job to stay up.

Middlesbrough home
    West Brom away
    Bristol city away
    Millwall home
    Wigan away
    Luton home
    Cardiff away

Tough run in with most sides having something to play for. 
  • Options
    Let's hope Bristol City and Forest win today and keep Wednesday and Huddersfield in the relegation mix.

Saying that it will probably be two stonking away wins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Christ! Just seen Luton’s remaining fixtures. If they don’t win at least 4 of them, I will be astounded. Gonna take something like 53 points to stay up this year compared to Millwall’s 44 that kept them up by 4 clear points in 18/19. Crazy season all round.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Christ! Just seen Luton’s remaining fixtures. If they don’t win at least 4 of them, I will be astounded. Gonna take something like 53 points to stay up this year compared to Millwall’s 44 that kept them up by 4 clear points in 18/19. Crazy season all round.
    They're on a good run, 4 wins and 3 draws in their last 8. Their only defeat was against us.

They have Leeds away next and also have a shocking goal difference so probably will need 4-5 wins from their last 6 to stay up. 

Agree with you that 53 points should be the new target for survival. If we get that then:

Barnsley need to win 5 and draw 1 out of 7.
    Luton need to win 5 out of 7.
    Hull need to win 4 and draw 1 out of 7.
    Huddersfield need to win 4 and draw 1 out of 8.

Almost every side will need to go on a run like Wigan and it's not going to happen. 1 team may do so (likely Luton looking at the fixtures) but they won't all do it.

Our concern needs to be just trying to get 2-3 extra points on the board given our next 3 games are very tough.
  • Options
    Of course Sheffield Wednesday have gone 1-0 at Bristol
  • Options
    Brizzle City no wins in 6! 
  • Options
    2-0
  • Options
    Yeah Bristol City are heading for midtable obscurity

Wouldnt expect any favours from them, their players are done for the season 
  • Options
    Fuck sake, this league is crazy. 

That's Wednesday safe then assuming the EFL won't resolve their points deduction for another 3 years.
  • Options
    Bristol City look absolutely shite,wouldnt rely on them to do anything against any of our relegation rivals.
  • Options
    Oh,hello, 2-1